Has anyone here used Bumble?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Utopia97
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Nov 2017, 5:54 am

Bumble has been described as the "feminist Tinder" - basically if two users match, it's a connection, but only the girl can make the first move conversation wise - not the guy. And she has to do so within 24 hours. If she doesn't, the connection is "lost forever" - so I assume it therefore automatically blocks them.

I'm thinking of downloading it this afternoon, giving it a try.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 6:32 am

"Feminist Tinder" brings way too many unpleasant mental images to my mind. And frankly, the whole idea sounds counter-intuitive to me either way. Not going to stop you from giving it a spin, though. You do you.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 6:52 am

I had never even heard of it until the other day. I think it sounds like an interesting concept, but I was told by a girl that she had a lot of trouble thinking of how she was supposed to make the first move.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 1:36 pm

Been matched on it a few times. Never gotten a message.
It’s just like tinder you see a picture and swipe left or right.
Being as most women don’t like making the first move I don’t get why they’d use it. Seems to have lots of bots.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 1:40 pm

Check my little review about it there:

viewtopic.php?t=354344&p=7679411

Bumble doesn't have real women, they are all bots and fakes.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 9:18 pm

sly279 wrote:
Being as most women don’t like making the first move I don’t get why they’d use it.

Well I can see how it would dramatically reduce the amount of d-pics/unwanted messages that girls get from gross guys looking for "hookups".

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 1:03 am

It sounds horrible. Why should men be restricted from making a move? It sounds sexist.

Imagine the outrage if this was done vice versa.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 1:04 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Being as most women don’t like making the first move I don’t get why they’d use it.

Well I can see how it would dramatically reduce the amount of d-pics/unwanted messages that girls get from gross guys looking for "hookups".

If a girl matches with a classless perv, it’s her own problem. I’ve had 200 matches on tinder and 1 dick pic. They’re swiping right to the wrong type. It can definitely be avoided with wiser choices.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 1:23 am

hale_bopp wrote:
It sounds horrible. Why should men be restricted from making a move? It sounds sexist.

The idea is genius - but as I said in my review, bumble has no real females. At all. Zero.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 1:42 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

The idea is genius - but as I said in my review, bumble has no real females. At all. Zero.

I don’t see how it’s a great idea. The idea of tinder is great, you only get messages from people you want to hear from. But wouldn’t you assume that after you match, either person should be able to send a message? I mean, they matched with them. Why do women need an extra layer of power? If they message the wrong guy, they’re still going to get a dick pic.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 1:50 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

One of the managers at work is a woman my age and she’s on it. So there are so,e real women.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 1:51 am

hale_bopp wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I don’t see how it’s a great idea. The idea of tinder is great, you only get messages from people you want to hear from. But wouldn’t you assume that after you match, either person should be able to send a message? I mean, they matched with them. Why do women need an extra layer of power? If they message the wrong guy, they’re still going to get a dick pic.

Why do women like men they have no intention of talking to On tinder?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 1:57 am

sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Why do women like men they have no intention of talking to On tinder?

The same applies vice versa. I’ve ignored heaps of messges after matching with someone, likewise, guys I’ve matched with are constantly ignoring me. Most people don’t tend to take it seriously.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 2:01 am

hale_bopp wrote:
I’ve had 200 matches on tinder and 1 dick pic. They’re swiping right to the wrong type.

I didn't know Tinder worked that way, I've only used OKCupid. I don't have a phone, and I'm not into hookups.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 2:23 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
I’ve had 200 matches on tinder and 1 dick pic. They’re swiping right to the wrong type.

I didn't know Tinder worked that way, I've only used OKCupid. I don't have a phone, and I'm not into hookups.

Ok Cupid isn’t too bad. Certain dating sites are worse than others.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 2:39 am

I've heard plenty of OKC horror stories from girls, but maybe it's better on your side of the planet.

I just recently got back into checking the site, and that place is d-e-a-d right now. Only one interesting girl, and of course, she's ghosted me already =)

Probably for the best, though. I really do need to be single for a while.