Charming single guy after 30 = likely sociopath.

Page 6 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2018, 6:06 pm

Theamazinggeek wrote:
There are also abusive women as well. though its not heard of often.

Another irrelevant argument: Fish can swim.

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2018, 6:07 pm

NorthWind wrote:
Theamazinggeek wrote:
There are also abusive women as well. though its not heard of often.

True and also true. That men can be victims of abuse and that women can be abusers often gets ignored. That it was getting ignored in this particular thread was probably only because the whole conversation was about men and not about women though.

Your answer was more respectful and kind. Well done. I'm a jerk.

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2018, 6:56 pm

OhkaBaka wrote:
There is a thing that happens when guys, (I'll say "we" cause it happened to me), start working through these issues. It generally comes out as you've said it here.

"I didn't rape anybody", "I didn't do this", "I'm not like him"... etc...

Try this on for size: Asking a woman to say or confirm that you don't abuse your power as a man is an abuse of your power as a man.

Think about that in a different context: The bully who steals your milk money and is generally dangerous ALL THE TIME, is standing next to you being dangerous and threatening when the principal comes out and says "Hey there! What the hell is going on" and the bully says "nah, I'm not doing anything. Me and my buddy here are fine. We're fine, right?"

You're the bully here because of the way you were born. It isn't your fault, but you get to choose to continue to perpetuate the bullying or not.

I'm feeling I don't totally understand, can you elaborate how Aspergers guys like me are in fact the bully. Not to disagree but to understand, I might just need to see a rewording or elaboration to fully understand.

OhkaBaka wrote:
SSJ4_PrestonGarvey wrote:
Most importantly, if you would in fact say that the previous statement is True then what can I do about it.

Be a good human. The rest will sort itself out.

Don't try to BE anything that isn't "good human" If you are trying, then you are lying, and that is its own kind of abuse.

That is the conclusion I had. All I can really try to do is be a good human as I won't feel good otherwise.

I'm willing to make personal changes but there is a limit to that. If I would have to adopt behaviours that are abusive towards others I think I would then say I'm out. If I had to become a psychopath/sociopath/machiavellian in order to have relationship I think I would chose to be alone. It's like what can I do what can I change, while staying within reason and not completely abandoning who I am as a person.

OhkaBaka wrote:
I've dismissed this always in the past as people literally believing in eugenics, as in because I have a mental illness I shouldn't procreate cause that's gonna produce more psychos, rapists and murderers. Are Aspergers men seen the same way by women as the men with severe mental handicaps like they can't dress themselves or take care of themselves sufficiently so as to keep themselves alive as an independent person. That's how I feel women see me, like they doubt I can dress myself in the morning and they figure I am mentally incompetent.

Does a nice butt make up for the wrong colored eyes? How much crazy would you tolerate for someone who made you breakfast? Is a woman's messy apartment more or less important than the warmth of her embrace.

I'll bet you accept that that is different for every man, and not thinking that extends to women is sexist. Women are not manufactured to a certain standard, someone will tolerate your butt because of your eyes, someone will tolerate you tics because of your smile, someone will ADORE YOU despite your aspergers. You just have to get out of your own way.

The preferences are a really strange and fascinating thing to me. Because I've got a standard type in mind but I can still feel attracted to some girls who don't fit that mold. Basically I don't 100% know what I want as somebody's look can be totally different but still be attractive. I am often told I am not good though it was mostly in past, it seemed to be a widely held opinion so it seemed to be a linear scale rather than something more complex. They'd say things like how guys deal with difficult past is a reflection of their true human worth meaning the real men overcome but the Peter Pans do not, like the most true form of trial by fire. That a flawed childhood is also a reflection of the individual having a poor genetic source and also indicative of personal weakness on part of victimized men, a bona-fide Alpha male is both immune to emotional abuse through their personal abuse and would never be targeted by such behaviours. Beta behaviour is a result of going through these experiences without the resilience to overcome and the fact that the situation faced them was a result of personal deficiency.

How much crazy would I tolerate? For me it needs to qualify as a healthy, non abusive and mutually beneficial relationship. Is it having a net positive or net negative effect on the mental health and emotional well being of each of us.

I want to try to pick up on it if a girl is seeking a parasitic and abusive relationship like if they are wanting to feel good by making me feel bad. Like mind games, the let's see what I can do to ruin his day kind of stuff. I am opting out when it is at the point it becomes clear to me that being alone would be better for my mental health then continuing with the relationship. I would try to resolve issue diplomatically but if that is in fact precisely what they are seeking then the bottom line is I am not the guy for them.

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2018, 12:16 pm

I'm feeling I don't totally understand, can you elaborate how Aspergers guys like me are in fact the bully. Not to disagree but to understand, I might just need to see a rewording or elaboration to fully understand.

It isn't about ASD it is about your penis. Aspergers has nothing to do with it. You are a man. You are "the bully" because of that.

The preferences are a really strange and fascinating thing to me. Because I've got a standard type in mind but I can still feel attracted to some girls who don't fit that mold. Basically I don't 100% know what I want as somebody's look can be totally different but still be attractive. I am often told I am not good though it was mostly in past, it seemed to be a widely held opinion so it seemed to be a linear scale rather than something more complex. They'd say things like how guys deal with difficult past is a reflection of their true human worth meaning the real men overcome but the Peter Pans do not, like the most true form of trial by fire. That a flawed childhood is also a reflection of the individual having a poor genetic source and also indicative of personal weakness on part of victimized men, a bona-fide Alpha male is both immune to emotional abuse through their personal abuse and would never be targeted by such behaviours. Beta behaviour is a result of going through these experiences without the resilience to overcome and the fact that the situation faced them was a result of personal deficiency.

I may not have been literal enough to get my point across, and that is my fault.

Firm Recommendation of the day: Never use the words alpha and beta again to refer to human beings.

The rest of this sounds like it came from pick up artist books or MRA nonsense. It is all... fundamentally... screwed up.

Also who the hell are these people telling you this confusing toxic nonsense... find a new group of people to associate with.

This whole section made my eyes go wide... it is legit scary... NONE OF IT IS REAL.

Stop... dump this ENTIRE way of thinking and start over.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 12:25 pm

^ since you are so in denial in many things:

viewtopic.php?t=360019

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2018, 12:52 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ since you are so in denial in many things:

viewtopic.php?t=360019

Quoting yourself to prove a point is next level debate strategy. Mad props.

I'm sorry that you had to be raised around those of us who are actually more powerful than our inner animals. It must be scary and hard to be among people who are masters of themselves. I understand the necessity to lash out, it is what cornered animals do, but try not to confuse that with strength or power, because it is the opposite of that.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 1:39 pm

^ I just posted a link yet you replied with a personal attack.

It seems you’re the one who’s lashing out, sir.

Btw your sense of humor sucks; if you think you’re funny then stop trying to be so, retire now, for the sake of humanity.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 1:50 pm

OhkaBaka wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
kara, please leave my threads alone - I don’t want you to post in any of my threads.

Thanks.

Boo, please leave my airspace. I don't want to see your posts in my internet. Thanks...

c'mon... seriously? What kind of man-baby nonsense is that?

It’s the same man-baby stuff and attitude the one you’re defending displayed before.

Is she your girlfriend?

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 08 Feb 2018, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey
Toucan
Toucan

08 Feb 2018, 2:59 pm

OhkaBaka wrote:

It isn't about ASD it is about your penis. Aspergers has nothing to do with it. You are a man. You are "the bully" because of that.

I may not have been literal enough to get my point across, and that is my fault.

Firm Recommendation of the day: Never use the words alpha and beta again to refer to human beings.

The rest of this sounds like it came from pick up artist books or MRA nonsense. It is all... fundamentally... screwed up.

Also who the hell are these people telling you this confusing toxic nonsense... find a new group of people to associate with.

This whole section made my eyes go wide... it is legit scary... NONE OF IT IS REAL.

Stop... dump this ENTIRE way of thinking and start over.

I agree it is scary. It isn't my personal beliefs they are beliefs of people mostly women I've interacted with in my life. It's third wave Feminism for the most part.

I don't know what I believe. If the alpha/beta/pick up artist stuff is true I would consider choosing not to date. I am thinking about what I consider to be reasonable and acceptable for me to pursue dating. And if dating itself is at all a reasonable idea for me. I agree with gender equality but can't agree with people who take feminism way too far.

Part of posting it is getting feedback on it like about if these things are what the truth as is.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 5:30 pm

OhkaBaka wrote:

No. Nonononononono.......

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2018, 6:07 pm

I agree it is scary. It isn't my personal beliefs they are beliefs of people mostly women I've interacted with in my life. It's third wave Feminism for the most part.

If a woman has used the word "beta" to describe you at any point, you have the red flag you were looking for. Move on.

You are over thinking it. If a woman doesn't like you, no matter how they act, no matter what your motivations, no matter what their intent... none of these things matter. Move on.

If you like her and she likes you and neither of you is being hurt, then procede.

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2018, 6:11 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ I just posted a link yet you replied with a personal attack.

To your own post. Sorry... I said that didn't I? I thought I said that.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It seems you’re the one who’s lashing out, sir.

Quite right! Good of you to notice the obvious.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Btw your sense of humor sucks; if you think you’re funny then stop trying to be so, retire now, for the sake of humanity.

Thanks for your input... I chuckled for several minutes... and between the two of us, I'd TOTALLY rather make myself laugh than you.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 6:14 pm

314pe wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Maybe not disabled but certainly weird or odd in manner, posture and speech. NTs can see that ans some may find it off putting.

I've been told that I am not a real man due to those exact reasons, posture and speech.

Posture is something that can be fixed. It just takes a lot of practice.

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey
Toucan
Toucan

08 Feb 2018, 9:06 pm

OhkaBaka wrote:

If a woman has used the word "beta" to describe you at any point, you have the red flag you were looking for. Move on.

You are over thinking it. If a woman doesn't like you, no matter how they act, no matter what your motivations, no matter what their intent... none of these things matter. Move on.

If you like her and she likes you and neither of you is being hurt, then procede.

Definitely is a big red flag to me, I just sincerely hope there are other women who are different.

It makes me want to re-evaluate and try to change for the better so I can have better chances for when I do meet a woman I find attractive. But maybe this isn't a good idea to want to change all the time.

XFilesGeek wrote:
OhkaBaka wrote:

No. Nonononononono.......

Yeah I think he may have worded that one incorrectly. It sounds like the feminist criticism of "male privilege" which doesn't seem to be the angle he was going for based on the rest of his posts. Maybe it was supposed to be a joke? I would be interested to see clarification. One of the things I'm working on right now is I want to understand people better/correctly in conversation, trying to not interpret the wrong message.

I would be perhaps offended but then I remembered that I can miscommunicate too, it seems to be a part of ASD that makes it really hard to express ideas sometimes. I guess offended is too strong a word as well as in the case where if someone would turn out to be a radical feminist(which basically is just extreme misandry) I just stop listening and disengage completely.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 7:03 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
314pe wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Maybe not disabled but certainly weird or odd in manner, posture and speech. NTs can see that ans some may find it off putting.

I've been told that I am not a real man due to those exact reasons, posture and speech.

Posture is something that can be fixed. It just takes a lot of practice.

I'm working on it :)

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2018, 5:02 pm

Definitely is a big red flag to me, I just sincerely hope there are other women who are different.

I have never once heard a woman use that word in any way that wasn't discussing how stupid it was, or mocking the MRA baby-man that said it. And even then it was an incredibly small number.

Most, by a huge margin, of women are "different" than that.