Your negative characteristics or "flaws"

Page 1 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jan 2018, 1:16 pm

As the topic says lets talk about and i guess admit about. A lot are shy an odds are not willing but there gotta be a few whod be willing. Again this is negative traits or"flaws" to your personality.

I guess i can start :
Mine
Crtical of sapiosexual women
Im a fact checker
Fearful during relationships

Im critical of sapiosexual women cause ive seen a lot of fakers. Ive found at least types
#the type that find steven hawkings sexy (wheel chair and all)
#the type who follow the money. Smart guy = money making career
# the girls who brain and something good to look at. Im critical cause my friend have high IQs. I worry they will be manipulated

Im a fact checker. Any claim im gonna check out. Any post im gonna check your previous ones. I background check and fact check amything. Ya i have trust issues. It only ive been manipulated often for someelses gain. Ive had an over trusting happy nature in the physical world. In the cyber world i will fact check.

In alot of my relationships im nervous. I take slow. As in it takes me a month to hold hands. Im nervous caus i have a nervous nature. Im fear most though im gonna implode or destroy the relationship in some way.

Anyone else wanna share ?

"Im search of answers, new marvels, and new questions to ask."

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 1:57 pm

Heaps. In all areas of being. I’m trying to work through them one at a time. Though I would rather focus on sorting out solutions to my problems in the long run than dwell on them.

Except when you’re having a menstral part of the month. It’s like aspie problems on steroids.

So it’s probably wise to assume one of my goals is improving hormone balance. :P

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 5:19 pm

I readily admit mine (the ones I'm aware of), though I tend to call them "quirks" instead, as to some people they can be appealing, or at least neutral. Each to their own, eh! For example your fact checking - not everyone would consider that a flaw. Nervousness can be endearing to certain types of people.

I can't think of any right now that are universally thought of as flaws. Someone has always said "nah I like that about you" or similar.

Hopelessly3
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jan 2018, 8:46 pm

i can't sit still. i fidget :lol:

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2018, 4:28 am

Worst one is that I can't control my emotions, and cry all the time over tiny, silly things. I get so annoyed by myself over this.
Others get annoyed by me because I seem arrogant when I explain things or correct people. And talk too much. And interrupt. Need to work on holding back sometimes.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 11:05 am

Why make such a negative thread? There's enough negativity in the world as it is.

Besides, any flaw can be worked on to an extent.

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2018, 12:23 pm

I stared this thread to talk amongst friends about what we call flaws. I thought openly admitting them and others too would feel better. Here theres no ridicule or judgement just people with odd are similar problems.

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2018, 12:27 pm

Embla wrote:
Worst one is that I can't control my emotions, and cry all the time over tiny, silly things. I get so annoyed by myself over this.
Others get annoyed by me because I seem arrogant when I explain things or correct people. And talk too much. And interrupt. Need to work on holding back sometimes.

Im over emotional too. The arrogance come from the way we talk. We sound like know at alls. I talk too much too. All common here

BurningWraith
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jan 2018, 1:17 pm

I can have a really short temper at times, I am rather impatient and kinda prone to speaking before taking a moment to think. I also overthink things a lot, and can sometimes be a bit too honest.

...also it's not very easy to really make me angry, but when someone manages that, what follows is kinda ugly.

There's tons more but I can't think of anymore atm.

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2018, 2:56 pm

BurningWraith wrote:
I can have a really short temper at times, I am rather impatient and kinda prone to speaking before taking a moment to think. I also overthink things a lot, and can sometimes be a bit too honest.

...also it's not very easy to really make me angry, but when someone manages that, what follows is kinda ugly.

There's tons more but I can't think of anymore atm.

Honesty and over thinking is a normal aspie trait. Its typical, i still do it.

Impatient thats also norm.

Temper and anger not my trait but we learn to control it right. Its dealing with the precursor fustrations that helps. Im not one to go angry i have a gentle nature. Oddly enough i wanna get angry and shout out. But i just cant seem to do so. Rolls eyes. Fustration it happens.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 5:52 pm

I have so many it’d be easier to list my good traits
But ok I’m basically I have a low paid job, no car, I don’t live alone, I’m ugly, I’m fat, I’m weak, I’m too feminine, my hair is thinning, I have anxiety, adhd, im awkward, im shy, I have medical issue that causes me to burp a lot, I like cartoons and anime, I play video games, I’m too emotional (feminine) I’m tok romantic and touchy feeling, etc :cry:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 12:36 am

BurningWraith wrote:

Oh man, me too. It’s a really big thing I’m trying to work on a the moment.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 12:42 am

lack of energy and lack of organization. a tendency towards "Sheldon" levels of literalness and guile. being scatterbrained. having trouble differentiating people's faces and voices. having no talent for appropriate spontaneity. taking way too long to learn even simple things. being easily startled, to comic effect to strangers. clumsiness in general, poor proprioception. difficulty getting out of my own way. not being of this earth in terms of feeling a visceral connection with the world of people, which can be a spiritual advantage but it makes life in this world hard.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 8:44 am

sly279 wrote:
I play video games

I'm curious as to why you see this as a flaw.

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Feb 2018, 3:14 pm

sly279 wrote:
I have so many it’d be easier to list my good traits
But ok I’m basically I have a low paid job, no car, I don’t live alone, I’m ugly, I’m fat, I’m weak, I’m too feminine, my hair is thinning, I have anxiety, adhd, im awkward, im shy, I have medical issue that causes me to burp a lot, I like cartoons and anime, I play video games, I’m too emotional (feminine) I’m tok romantic and touchy feeling, etc :cry:

Some of its in your control. Job hunting, gym and diet, meds for anxiety and adhd. You can learn to drive and eventually save for a car.

Shy and akward, we learn to step out and eventually get stronger right ?

Non probs are romanticism (too romantic and touchy) (there are girls who dig it) too emotional. It can be a plus

Unless you play too much watch too much then theres no prob. Its not the only things you watch right ?

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Feb 2018, 3:21 pm

auntblabby wrote:
lack of energy and lack of organization. a tendency towards "Sheldon" levels of literalness and guile. being scatterbrained. having trouble differentiating people's faces and voices. having no talent for appropriate spontaneity. taking way too long to learn even simple things. being easily startled, to comic effect to strangers. clumsiness in general, poor proprioception. difficulty getting out of my own way. not being of this earth in terms of feeling a visceral connection with the world of people, which can be a spiritual advantage but it makes life in this world hard.

There are those who can live on there own, those who can't. As aspbeegers and autism we all feel disconnected right ?

Lack of organization..... you wrote your post rather well. Yeah i know it doesnt count. We all make a mess or two. I trip on flat ground too. Im easily scared and i easily sneak n scare people too.

Im a scatterbrain and a literalist at times too. It typical. For me it takes voice and face to remember a name.