Your negative characteristics or "flaws"

Page 7 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Mar 2018, 12:08 am

auntblabby wrote:
even as a hermit out in the woods, I somehow can't avoid disappointing people. :alien:

If a person speaks there mind in the forest and no one heres them are they still wrong ?

Auntblabby im not sure your serious in your posts or sarcastic ?

"Im search of answers, new marvels, and new questions to ask."

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Mar 2018, 12:23 am

IstominFan wrote:
I can't do simple things others take for granted, even though I'm university educated.
I'm not attractive.
I have unusual interests, not in type for a female, but definitely in focus and intensity.
I have an interest in a tennis player most people haven't heard of.
I get anxious and sometimes have panic attacks.

First off simple things (as in ? Like laundry and ironing, cooking for self. Simpler as in shower, or as in being social ?) We all kinda get axious here and panic attacks occasionally. Its norm for a aspie or someone on the spectrum

Tennis anyone? We all have a fave interest or fave celeb. I know the feeling... i can name scientist, philosophers, actors, chefs, etc who are way outa date. People obscured by the past.

Quote:
I have unusual interests, not in type for a female

Ok so .. i know that feeling all too well. Im an "otomen". A japanese coined term. I have feminine pursuits, skills, hobbies yet im a straight guy. I like to cook, clean, sew, craft. Im love cheesy romantic comedies (chick flicks). I have equeal ammounts of shoujo manga in my manga collection. Top it off i prefer to be held by the lady. I rather be asked out than ask out. Im the only straight guy who rather watch martha stewart (and a few other crafty men n women) over football.

Also in this age, were sing things being less defined as masculine or feminine. Rather neutral.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2018, 12:29 am

Theamazinggeek wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
even as a hermit out in the woods, I somehow can't avoid disappointing people. :alien:

If a person speaks there mind in the forest and no one heres them are they still wrong ?Auntblabby im not sure your serious in your posts or sarcastic ?

serious as a heart attack. my fellow yahoos out here tend to be bloody-minded and all too eager to take things the wrong way. then there is my familial relations :o

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2018, 8:07 pm

What I meant by that was that my interests are very normal for a woman (cats, for example), but my focus is much more intense than normal.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2018, 8:37 pm

I am too honest and I don’t realize when I’ve hurt the other person

So i compensate by trying to apologize n be extra nice n generous

However i still slip
One of my worst moments was when My (at the time) Husband first said I love you. And in response I said... i don’t hate you.

Years later we saw it on a TV show parks n recreation almost the exact same dialogue between the April girl n her husband. Then i realized wjat I had said was hurtful.

I thought i was honouring him by being honest

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Mar 2018, 11:07 pm

IstominFan wrote:
What I meant by that was that my interests are very normal for a woman (cats, for example), but my focus is much more intense than normal.

Oops my fault. Hey being intese is total aspie. And it cool by some people

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Mar 2018, 11:17 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
I am too honest and I don’t realize when I’ve hurt the other person

So i compensate by trying to apologize n be extra nice n generous

However i still slip
One of my worst moments was when My (at the time) Husband first said I love you. And in response I said... i don’t hate you.

Years later we saw it on a TV show parks n recreation almost the exact same dialogue between the April girl n her husband. Then i realized wjat I had said was hurtful.

I thought i was honouring him by being honest

Super nice, honest the traits that make us great to be with. The famous people who are known to shoot from the hips. Sounds like you do the same. Its not a negative.

Sounds like your love endured. Yes hurtful but it happen ( not to make light)

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 4:24 am

NO we got divorced! Lol
But it was due to him and also his mom lying to him constantly and a generally messed up situation

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Mar 2018, 11:38 am

blooiejagwa wrote:
NO we got divorced! Lol
But it was due to him and also his mom lying to him constantly and a generally messed up situation

Oops twice in the same thread.

Sorry bout that. Ouch