Do attractive people depress you?

Page 7 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 7:02 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Perhaps when the next person leaves, she will be doing me a favour as well. And the one after that and the one after that, etc.

Perhaps it only meant they were not the right person.

Loner269
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Feb 2018, 7:04 pm

It's not only attractive people that should depress us (although it surely is something to feel upset about that some of these people who have won the genetic lottery can go through life with little to no effort at all). As AS, we also have to be depressed about all these NT-people who have to ability to pick up on all the social cues much easier and beat us on pretty much everything socially. There really isn't much to be happy about when you're AS.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 10:14 pm

Loner269 wrote:
It's not only attractive people that should depress us (although it surely is something to feel upset about that some of these people who have won the genetic lottery can go through life with little to no effort at all). As AS, we also have to be depressed about all these NT-people who have to ability to pick up on all the social cues much easier and beat us on pretty much everything socially. There really isn't much to be happy about when you're AS.

And yet people will still judge us for being single. People will still call us creeps for not reacting in the correct way for not picking up on their signals.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 1:14 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I was dumped by an unemployed obese girl with a plain looking face. Even she's out of my league.

She wanted me to buy her very expensive gifts like her friends receive from her boyfriends back in China. Why is it a one way street? When could I expect to receive expensive gifts from her?

Why are you interested in Chinese girls? there can't be many of them in Adelaide (having visited on a few occasions)

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 2:46 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
No, those girls aren't aren't in my league either. Yesterday I got dumped for not being rich enough. My salary is is $55,000 per year (plus I get a few hundred dollars per week from other sources) yet she dumped me for not being as rich as her friends boyfriends.

Bear in mind I wasn't dumped by a supermodel or an Olympic athlete, I was dumped by an unemployed obese girl with a plain looking face. Even she's out of my league.

But she's out of your league, or thinks she is, not because of her looks or anything she has achieved but because she has a rich father and rich friends, is used to a high living standard and wants a boyfriend that impresses said father and friends. Therefore you could get a girl with looks like hers or better and who might also be more compatible, if other circumstances are different too and she does not have a rich father with high expectations in her boyfriend or anything like that.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 3:11 am

cyberdad wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
I was dumped by an unemployed obese girl with a plain looking face. Even she's out of my league.

She wanted me to buy her very expensive gifts like her friends receive from her boyfriends back in China. Why is it a one way street? When could I expect to receive expensive gifts from her?

Why are you interested in Chinese girls? there can't be many of them in Adelaide (having visited on a few occasions)

There are so many Chinese girls in Adelaide. I can walk along North Terrace and spot a dozen of them in a minute.

As fond as I am of Chinese girls I would be perfectly happy to date a caucasian. Oddly enough caucasian girls have lost interest in me. Lately all of my dates have been either Chinese, Korean or Thai.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 4:27 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

There are so many Chinese girls in Adelaide. I can walk along North Terrace and spot a dozen of them in a minute.

As fond as I am of Chinese girls I would be perfectly happy to date a caucasian. Oddly enough caucasian girls have lost interest in me. Lately all of my dates have been either Chinese, Korean or Thai.

Ok. well next time you see the supermodel on the train go up and just start chatting to her. What's the worst that can happen. Don't die wondering...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 4:30 am

^^^her thug guyfriend might get medieval.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 4:33 am

cyberdad wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Ok. well next time you see the supermodel on the train go up and just start chatting to her. What's the worst that can happen. Don't die wondering...

She was with an older guy who was either her father or her sugar daddy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 4:52 am

Well that's a turn off...

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 2:14 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Do you think you might be constantly choosing (or being chosen by) the same kind of girl in all your relationships. I don't mean looks so much as attitudes to money and relationships. The money thing is much more acceptable in some cultures than others.

Also you do make comments that come across as a bit materialistic sometimes, are you more attracted to girls who are more likely to impress your materialistic family.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 2:26 pm

Loner269 wrote:

Tough luck man. But I hope you realize by now you're nothing but a cashier to the ladies out there and they will only respect and screw the Chads/Brad Pitts. The only way you can encounter girls who really like you is to be honest from the start that you can only support yourself and not two persons. It will probably be a wild-goose chase though and you'll realize women these days are nothing but trouble and you should just focus on yourself.

I don't know who Chad is but I couldn't possibly respect (or anything else) Brad Pitt, not after the goatee.

Loner269
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Feb 2018, 4:21 pm

Chad is the name used to describe those athletic sports jock bad boys which women can't help feeling sexually attracted to.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 5:55 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
Do you think you might be constantly choosing (or being chosen by) the same kind of girl in all your relationships. I don't mean looks so much as attitudes to money and relationships. The money thing is much more acceptable in some cultures than others.
It seems like I'm constantly being chosen by the same kind of girl. I few years ago I mostly dated white girls. Nowadays I mostly date Asian girls. I message white girls no less than I did before yet only Asian girls respond for some reason.
fluffysaurus wrote:
Also you do make comments that come across as a bit materialistic sometimes, are you more attracted to girls who are more likely to impress your materialistic family.
Yes I am. I also want to impress my materialistic friends.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 6:32 pm

The attractive person who depresses me most is my cousin's girlfriend. She looks like a supermodel :(

How did he get such an attractive girlfriend when he's just 18. When I was that age I was a decade away from getting a girlfriend.

And where did he find such a smoking hot girlfriend? My last girlfriend looked Rose Tico if she spent six months in the buffet on Canto Bight.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 6:36 pm

The question is: will this guy "have" this girl a year from now?