Do attractive people depress you?

Page 2 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 2:03 am

nearly all the exceptionally attractive people I've encountered, were IMHO sociopathic in their behavior and definitely not to be trusted.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:23 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
FunkyPunky wrote:
Do you ever see a really attractive person (either physically or a great personality) start to wish you could date them, and then immediately get depressed because you know you have way too many problems for them to ever find you attractive and would just make their lives miserable anyway so they're better off if you don't even try? Or is it just me?

It's not just you. I see supermodel looking girls on the train and in the city all the time and I feel a dark shroud of despair over me because I know that I can never date a girl like that :(

I can never date any women. So atleast you can date at all. And I bet your gf is pretty. You already mentioned she’s thin. Sounds like you got super lucky. I’m also guessing her personality is to your liking

She's not thin at all. She weighs 75 kg :(

So like this lady, like that’s thin. So if you don’t care for her give her my number :p
You talk like she’s 300 pounds.
http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-234 ... nwIaUuIahA

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:24 am

cyberdad wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
FunkyPunky wrote:
Do you ever see a really attractive person (either physically or a great personality) start to wish you could date them, and then immediately get depressed because you know you have way too many problems for them to ever find you attractive and would just make their lives miserable anyway so they're better off if you don't even try? Or is it just me?

It's not just you. I see supermodel looking girls on the train and in the city all the time and I feel a dark shroud of despair over me because I know that I can never date a girl like that :(

I can never date any women. So atleast you can date at all. And I bet your gf is pretty. You already mentioned she’s thin. Sounds like you got super lucky. I’m also guessing her personality is to your liking

not nice dude

He’s always been really caught up in superficial mindsets. Wants a super thin woman to show off to his family.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 4:45 am

auntblabby wrote:
nearly all the exceptionally attractive people I've encountered, were IMHO sociopathic in their behavior and definitely not to be trusted.

interestingly they don't like similar types of people to themselves either...competition perhaps

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 4:46 am

sly279 wrote:
He’s always been really caught up in superficial mindsets. Wants a super thin woman to show off to his family.

I guess it's up to him. but the reasons he gave aren't cool...

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 6:34 am

sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
FunkyPunky wrote:

So like this lady, like that’s thin. So if you don’t care for her give her my number :p

Sly, the girl in that picture is 5'11"
Most girls aren't that tall. GF is more like 5'3"

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 8:12 am

FunkyPunky wrote:

No, I don't think it's helpful or fair to project onto others this way.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 8:18 am

cyberdad wrote:
Just some simple advice from a male who has been through all this...

Please don't base looks as the basis for who to date...looks fade with time

"truly attractive" means attractive on the inside. If they are also attractive on the outside then "bonus"

Make friends first rather than think with your dick...

Sound advice.

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2018, 12:47 pm

domineekee wrote:
FunkyPunky wrote:

Why not? I grew up in a house where even simple disagreement got you bent over and spanked and all your toys and privileges taken away . I'm not saying I would beat her or anything but I grew up without learning good ways of coping with different opinions because of it. I don't tend to make many friends and the ones I do have don't stick around long. I know that if a girl were to actually take some interest in me (God knows why) she'd end up miserable because I just don't know how to be with other people.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 2:08 pm

FunkyPunky wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
No, they don’t. Though sometimes extroverted NTs who have done really well in life do.

If they’re that normal they probably aren’t a good match for me, anyway. I wouldn’t want them.

Looks don’t mean much to me in regards to whether I think a person is worth knowing or not.

I don't mean just knowing them. I mean getting into a romantic relationship with them.

Okay, does it depress me if I can’t get them? No, not at all. Like I said, generic good looks don’t make me more sexually attracted to someone. I like average. I’d be more upset if an average person I liked didn’t like me back.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 2:12 pm

sly279 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
FunkyPunky wrote:

not nice dude

I’ve noticed this too. Although 75kg is overweight for someone who is 5’3”, Retro gamer you do seem a bit of a slave to your ego.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:03 pm

FunkyPunky wrote:
domineekee wrote:
FunkyPunky wrote:

Why not? I grew up in a house where even simple disagreement got you bent over and spanked and all your toys and privileges taken away . I'm not saying I would beat her or anything but I grew up without learning good ways of coping with different opinions because of it. I don't tend to make many friends and the ones I do have don't stick around long. I know that if a girl were to actually take some interest in me (God knows why) she'd end up miserable because I just don't know how to be with other people.

Here are my thoughts, sorry if it comes across as condescending, I'm drawing on experience.

Indulging these thought processes will stifle actual communication. IE , do not involve said individuals in your elaborate thought processes or you will stare, stall, mumble and cause embarrassment etc.

Also, "They" don't exist as a group as such, "they" are just a group that you have invented. They are all individuals and most of them would not want to be the object of such speculation.

Making a positive judgement about someone might seem ok. It's not ok when we use our prejudices to make assumptions about others.

Don't make women the "other"

Don't listen to guys who claim to have a quick fix solution to your loneliness.

Do listen to women on this issue (the ones with your best interest at heart).

Feminist theory may be beneficial in reducing erroneous thinking.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:24 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:

Wow so lets add height to the list of criteria that makes a girl unattractive
no sweat...at least you are honest

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2018, 3:38 pm

domineekee wrote:
FunkyPunky wrote:
domineekee wrote:
FunkyPunky wrote:

Here are my thoughts, sorry if it comes across as condescending, I'm drawing on experience.

Indulging these thought processes will stifle actual communication. IE , do not involve said individuals in your elaborate thought processes or you will stare, stall, mumble and cause embarrassment etc.

Also, "They" don't exist as a group as such, "they" are just a group that you have invented. They are all individuals and most of them would not want to be the object of such speculation.

Making a positive judgement about someone might seem ok. It's not ok when we use our prejudices to make assumptions about others.

Don't make women the "other"

Don't listen to guys who claim to have a quick fix solution to your loneliness.

Do listen to women on this issue (the ones with your best interest at heart).

Feminist theory may be beneficial in reducing erroneous thinking.

That's a big long list of stuff that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. It sounds like you're trying to turn this into a "don't objectify women" problem.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 4:30 pm

Sorry PunkyFunky, you're probably right.
I think I'm just going to butt out

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 4:35 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
FunkyPunky wrote:

So like these women but less wieght.
http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-543 ... nzBmkuIahA
http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-513 ... nzB50uIahA
http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-534 ... nzB_UuIahA
http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-513 ... nzCHUuIahA
http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-508 ... nzCN0uIahA
Many more

http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.htm ... &bodytype=