Self improvement to attract others

Page 5 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 12:37 pm

I was just reading about someone's complaints about being rejected by many, many, women who state that he doesn't have his life together well enough for them to date.. and yet this person continues to subject himself to the exact same rejection over and over again for the same reasons.

An alternative would be to listen to those women's rejections as constructive criticism & the spend time and energy working on one's self in order to become more attractive, and in all likelihood, reduce the probability of rejection in the future & get some dates and an eventual relationship.

Seems like a natural progression & chain of events to me, but for some unknown reason there are a number of people out there who complain endlessly about their lack of dating success, yet still make the choice to do absolutely zero in terms of self improvement work in order to become more attractive. Don't be like those people! If you're being informed that ABC & XYZ are universally unattractive traits and the feedback you're getting from attempts to secure a date is repeated rejection, work on changing ABC & XYZ instead! Sure, it'll take time and effort, but so what? It's the only way to get what you want out of life. 8)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 12:55 pm

I am prevented from doing too much. Otherwise I would be a very handsome chap with a lot of good qualities.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 12:57 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Looking sinister isn't such a bad thing.

There's no way I'm looking left. :wink:

SteveSnow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2018, 2:18 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I was just reading about someone's complaints about being rejected by many, many, women who state that he doesn't have his life together well enough for them to date.. and yet this person continues to subject himself to the exact same rejection over and over again for the same reasons.

An alternative would be to listen to those women's rejections as constructive criticism & the spend time and energy working on one's self in order to become more attractive, and in all likelihood, reduce the probability of rejection in the future & get some dates and an eventual relationship.

Seems like a natural progression & chain of events to me, but for some unknown reason there are a number of people out there who complain endlessly about their lack of dating success, yet still make the choice to do absolutely zero in terms of self improvement work in order to become more attractive. Don't be like those people! If you're being informed that ABC & XYZ are universally unattractive traits and the feedback you're getting from attempts to secure a date is repeated rejection, work on changing ABC & XYZ instead! Sure, it'll take time and effort, but so what? It's the only way to get what you want out of life. 8)

Firstly I wanted to say thanks to people for continuing what I think of a positive thread, I think we all could use more of these.

Sadly it seems that people prefer being the victim, it's a matter of comfort. This way the other people can be blamed for everything going wrong. It's something that happens a lot in unhealthy lifestyles such as addiction. It's better to get comfortable where a person is rather than risk changing something and facing the fear of new rejection or pain. What people should be focusing on is that if you improve yourself, you will start to feel better as a side effect. Don't do it for another person since that usually ends up being temporary. Rather do it for yourself and you'll start to see things improving in other areas of your life. Find someone else that is also struggling and wants to do the same improvement as you, ie fitness, socializing or whatever it is. That way you can challenge each other, support each other and have a reliable and long term inspiration to continue.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 4:44 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

Unless improving yourself is impossible.
If women would only date billionaires would you tell men here they just need to work really hard to become billionaires?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 4:53 pm

sly279 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

If women would only date billionaires would you tell men here they just need to work really hard to become billionaires?

I have no desire to be moneyed. Enough to be comfortable and to live a good life.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 3:31 am

SteveSnow wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Firstly I wanted to say thanks to people for continuing what I think of a positive thread, I think we all could use more of these.

Sadly it seems that people prefer being the victim, it's a matter of comfort. This way the other people can be blamed for everything going wrong. It's something that happens a lot in unhealthy lifestyles such as addiction. It's better to get comfortable where a person is rather than risk changing something and facing the fear of new rejection or pain. What people should be focusing on is that if you improve yourself, you will start to feel better as a side effect. Don't do it for another person since that usually ends up being temporary. Rather do it for yourself and you'll start to see things improving in other areas of your life. Find someone else that is also struggling and wants to do the same improvement as you, ie fitness, socializing or whatever it is. That way you can challenge each other, support each other and have a reliable and long term inspiration to continue.

Yes to all of this. 8)

I've gotten stronger and fitter for myself, brain functions/feeling good, as well as functional strength for work and play. It's a nice secondary byproduct that being in shape is also more attractive to others. It's certainly been beneficial to my dating/sex life.

As for a workout/improvement partner, sure, why not if that works for you? For the most part I've done what I have in solitude. I do think about others I love and use that to push myself, though. And one time I went for a run with a friend, who's a better runner, and I pushed myself harder than ever before or since to keep up with him. There can be value in doing things with others - until that run I had no idea I could even push myself that hard.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 3:34 am

sly279 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

There isn't a person alive who cannot improve themselves.

What does that hyperbolic example have to do with anything? :? Women don't only date billionaires. There are ~3.7B women & billionaires are extremely rare. Women date all sorts of people and you know it.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 4:43 am

Tequila wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Looking sinister isn't such a bad thing.

There's no way I'm looking left. :wink:

Veni, vidi, risi. :lol:

aspergersman
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Mar 2018, 4:31 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
While I've worked on myself in many different aspects for entirely different purposes, it's a nice byproduct that, in general, I appeal to more people & attract more potential dates or partners.

I know that it's really quite common that peoples' primary reason for self improvement is to attract a date/mate, so, figured this would be a good day to start a thread about that.

Sure, I've put on 5-10lbs this Winter that I need to run off, but in general I'm happier, healthier, stronger/fitter, not depressed/anxious, wealthier (let's face it, having a bit of money is attractive to others.) etc & even though it wasn't the reason I've bothered to work as hard on myself as I have & continue to do, it's simply a fact that it's made me more attractive to others.

So, how about you? What have you done and what were the results? What are you working on improving about yourself in order to be more attractive to others?

If you're not yet doing so but aren't quite getting the results you want out of your dating life, maybe this thread will inspire you to do a little self improvement of your own. Personally, I've done these things for ME, not to attract others.. but the end result is that an improved self is more attractive to others, so, if your goal is to attract someone else I highly recommend working on yourself. Diet, exercise, mental health, finances etc - all the basic common sense categories.

Never worked for me, I was in my best shape at uni.

I just couldn't look at women in the face.

So no, I would say even if you look like an Adonis, if you can't look women in the face then you will not attract any.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 8:46 pm

aspergersman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
While I've worked on myself in many different aspects for entirely different purposes, it's a nice byproduct that, in general, I appeal to more people & attract more potential dates or partners.

I know that it's really quite common that peoples' primary reason for self improvement is to attract a date/mate, so, figured this would be a good day to start a thread about that.

Sure, I've put on 5-10lbs this Winter that I need to run off, but in general I'm happier, healthier, stronger/fitter, not depressed/anxious, wealthier (let's face it, having a bit of money is attractive to others.) etc & even though it wasn't the reason I've bothered to work as hard on myself as I have & continue to do, it's simply a fact that it's made me more attractive to others.

So, how about you? What have you done and what were the results? What are you working on improving about yourself in order to be more attractive to others?

If you're not yet doing so but aren't quite getting the results you want out of your dating life, maybe this thread will inspire you to do a little self improvement of your own. Personally, I've done these things for ME, not to attract others.. but the end result is that an improved self is more attractive to others, so, if your goal is to attract someone else I highly recommend working on yourself. Diet, exercise, mental health, finances etc - all the basic common sense categories.

So no, I would say even if you look like an Adonis, if you can't look women in the face then you will not attract any.

Well obviously if you're so socially troubled that you can't even look people in the face, they're not going to be able to relate to you no matter what you look like. Maybe self-improvement for you looks more like overcoming social barriers.

By the way it's pretty obvious that you're the banned user 'flynn'. If you only see women as sexual objects, they'll sense that and avoid you like the plague, especially if you're socially awkward.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 12:16 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
aspergersman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Well obviously if you're so socially troubled that you can't even look people in the face, they're not going to be able to relate to you no matter what you look like. Maybe self-improvement for you looks more like overcoming social barriers.

By the way it's pretty obvious that you're the banned user 'flynn'. If you only see women as sexual objects, they'll sense that and avoid you like the plague, especially if you're socially awkward.

I wouldn't bother with this poster, it's either a troll or someone that needs some serious psychological help before they hurt someone. One of his topics has been locked because he basically said he wants to use younger women for sex and would even rape them to get it while referring to them as sl*ts. Probably not someone worth having dialog with.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 5:34 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
aspergersman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I wouldn't bother with this poster, it's either a troll or someone that needs some serious psychological help before they hurt someone. One of his topics has been locked because he basically said he wants to use younger women for sex and would even rape them to get it while referring to them as sl*ts. Probably not someone worth having dialog with.

I don't believe it's a troll, but I'd agree the poster needs serious help and probably an attitude adjustment. I saw the topic where he said he only sees women as sex objects and the only reason he'd avoid a physical altercation with a woman is because of the social and legal repercussions. I didn't see him mention rape or refer to women as sl*t's though.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm

I've been eating too much and doing too little lately. The Tough Mudder is coming up in a couple months, so it's time to simply not buy any foods I know I shouldn't eat, and to get in motion a lot more. I went for a 10Km walk before dinner last night - it was nice. 8) I only have 5-10lbs of excess fat to shed over the next 2 1/2 months or whatever the timeline is. Shouldn't be very difficult once I get running a few evenings a week. Every time I do go for a run I never want to eat any crap food afterwards - just healthy protein, veggies, and plenty of water. While I'm doing this to train for the Tough Mudder again, it'll get me in better shape for both work and studies, and have the added bonus of making me look & feel more attractive to others. 8) Even though I'm still intentionally avoiding people in terms of the possibility of a relationship (lol), it's still nice to feel attractive - and should be good for my sex life.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 5:11 pm

If Denis Istomin and his mother had listened to doctors who said he would never play tennis again, he would probably have died long ago.

At 53, I still haven't found my greatest success, but I have greatly improved.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2018, 1:26 pm

Went for a 9km run yesterday in a very light rain just before sunset. Only a couple hundred more Winter beers to run off! :P