Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I’m not intending this as a definitive armchair diagnosis, but I think you might be delusional right now.

I sided with the bits that guy said that were correct and explained it to you.

Just because I haven’t had a ltr doesn’t mean I haven’t dated anyone. I bet I get more dates/hookups than literally anyone else on this entire forum. Sure, my situation is different and they are mostly hookups, but it still requires me to be able to get these dates/hookups - and it’s usually multiple offers damned near any night of the week I decide I feel like indulging on that part of life. I believe all of that qualifies me to advise someone else on how to achieve similar results for themselves. It’s called expertese and it comes from experience. Somehow I doubt your experiences to date have brought you even 1% of the results I’ve managed. You should be so lucky that I take the time to even point these things out to you. I suppose I do it because I like seeing the underdog come out on top. I just wish you’d start trying.

And I think you have a thick skull.

Piobaire misinterpreted my post and made stupid assumptions about me. You keep misunderstanding what happened. He cherry picked a post I made about how he and people like him (You included) think I get high fives for various things as well as being a Donald Trump Jr. and I was telling him how wrong he was. Get it now?

Odd how you are lecturing me about behavior while bragging like a schoolyard bully. :roll: No, you don't want the underdog to succeed. You just want to boast. You really expect me to start liking you after making posts like that to me?

I, and others, have told you over and over that we don't care about Piobaire's post & that you should stop wasting your time focusing on the one post you don't like and start paying attention to the dozens of posts by people giving you good advice. Stop dwelling on one post on a forum that irritates you because it literally has zero value in terms of good advice to follow to get you what you claim to desperately want. Focus on all of the other posts telling you to cut the crap and start working on changing yourself for the better, and bit by bit you'll be happier, healthier, and more capable of getting a date. Everyone is growing tired of reading your same almost copied & pasted complaints over and over and over again and is taking note of the fact that you ignore all of the posts that encourage you to actually do anything positive for yourself that would move you towards reaching the goals you say you have. I'm indifferent whether you like me or not; it's mine and others' sound advice that you should be paying attention to, learning from, and acting on.

Grow up & quit distracting from the only parts of these threads that matter with trivial BS that doesn't matter to anything and start doing ANYTHING to help yourself, Marknis. Your complaints and dwelling on individual posts that don't serve you or your goals is getting ridiculous. Move on. Do something that actually moves you forward towards your goal of getting a date for once.

Stop being hypocritical. You were cheerleading his post and saying I needed to listen to him despite how he was accusing me of something I wasn't.
I've also stated I do not listen to people who tell me I can't have something because they think I am "messed up" for not fitting their expectations and shove their experiences in my face like schoolyard bullies but you can't seem to get that at all.

I've had others tell me as well as seen relationships happen without dating. In fact, I never dated my first and only real girlfriend. She actually pursued me.

I'm not being hypocritical. His post was good & had some good advice in it about not objectifying women. Also, his post wasn't even in this thread yet you bring it up to distract from all of the good advice you're getting and ignoring in this thread.

No, you can't have something because you refuse to do the work required to get that something. That's the only reason.

I don't even know what to make of that bizarre last couple of sentences. People date each other regardless of who initiates the courtship, then relationships form. Pretty simple concept. Probably totally moot to your life, though, because you don't seem interested one iota in doing anything to make yourself more attractive in order to get a date soooo.. yes, at this point, you are on a hopeless journey & will remain so until you decide to change.

You still can't get what happened through that damn thick skull of your's. He was accusing me of objectifying women as well as wanting to be a Donald Trump Jr. when I didn't express any of those sentiments. You are indeed being hypocritical because a moment ago you claimed you didn't care about his post and that it wasn't helpful but you were cheerleading for him in the first place.

Stop pursuing sex like a horny dog despite how you are telling me I am "messed up" for not fitting your paradigm and maybe I'll listen to you. Until then, get lost.

No, you don’t get it. I really don’t care about probiaire’s post & neither should you. It doesn’t do you any good to dwell on the one post you disliked last week instead of focusing on all the positive advice different people have posted. Read, learn, grow, change.

Whether I decide to get laid often or be celibate doesn’t matter one bit as to whether or not it’s in your best interest to follow everyone’s good advice and start working on yourself.

But just for the record I decided to get laid on my way to the beach this afternoon so wired that pit stop up and had some fun. Never know, I might have a little fun later tonight, too. Just depends on my mood later on more than anything.

If you don't care so much, why do you keep throwing a piss fit about me not being his friend?

Stop claiming you want to help me. All I see is someone shoving his sexual prowess in my face like the jerks who bullied me in school. Do you really think I am going to listen to you when you are essentially bragging to me? f**k that. You're free to keep up being a horny dog, just don't talk to me.

Just what is it going to take to make you quit posting in my threads? I've told you before I don't like you and I don't think you are helping me. All your posts towards me are about how "messed up" I am and how I need to shut myself away until I am considered "acceptable" to society. You may not see it like that but that's how it comes off to me. That's also how I've been treated by others my entire life.

AngelRho wrote:

You do realize he thinks you are a homophobe and doesn't like you, right?

Blah blah blah, why are you still going on about everything except for all the good advice you’ve been given by several different people?

Why can't you get a hint that you aren't being helpful and get lost? There's actually people on here who agree with me in regards to your posts. Also, keep crying that river for me. If you think I am going to just "take s**t", you are damn wrong.

Last edited by Marknis on 22 Apr 2018, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 9:29 pm

Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I’m not intending this as a definitive armchair diagnosis, but I think you might be delusional right now.

Just because I haven’t had a ltr doesn’t mean I haven’t dated anyone. I bet I get more dates/hookups than literally anyone else on this entire forum. Sure, my situation is different and they are mostly hookups, but it still requires me to be able to get these dates/hookups - and it’s usually multiple offers damned near any night of the week I decide I feel like indulging on that part of life. I believe all of that qualifies me to advise someone else on how to achieve similar results for themselves. It’s called expertese and it comes from experience. Somehow I doubt your experiences to date have brought you even 1% of the results I’ve managed. You should be so lucky that I take the time to even point these things out to you. I suppose I do it because I like seeing the underdog come out on top. I just wish you’d start trying.

Piobaire misinterpreted my post and made stupid assumptions about me. You keep misunderstanding what happened. He cherry picked a post I made about how he and people like him (You included) think I get high fives for various things as well as being a Donald Trump Jr. and I was telling him how wrong he was. Get it now?

Odd how you are lecturing me about behavior while bragging like a schoolyard bully. :roll: No, you don't want the underdog to succeed. You just want to boast. You really expect me to start liking you after making posts like that to me?

I, and others, have told you over and over that we don't care about Piobaire's post & that you should stop wasting your time focusing on the one post you don't like and start paying attention to the dozens of posts by people giving you good advice. Stop dwelling on one post on a forum that irritates you because it literally has zero value in terms of good advice to follow to get you what you claim to desperately want. Focus on all of the other posts telling you to cut the crap and start working on changing yourself for the better, and bit by bit you'll be happier, healthier, and more capable of getting a date. Everyone is growing tired of reading your same almost copied & pasted complaints over and over and over again and is taking note of the fact that you ignore all of the posts that encourage you to actually do anything positive for yourself that would move you towards reaching the goals you say you have. I'm indifferent whether you like me or not; it's mine and others' sound advice that you should be paying attention to, learning from, and acting on.

Grow up & quit distracting from the only parts of these threads that matter with trivial BS that doesn't matter to anything and start doing ANYTHING to help yourself, Marknis. Your complaints and dwelling on individual posts that don't serve you or your goals is getting ridiculous. Move on. Do something that actually moves you forward towards your goal of getting a date for once.

Stop being hypocritical. You were cheerleading his post and saying I needed to listen to him despite how he was accusing me of something I wasn't.
I've also stated I do not listen to people who tell me I can't have something because they think I am "messed up" for not fitting their expectations and shove their experiences in my face like schoolyard bullies but you can't seem to get that at all.

I've had others tell me as well as seen relationships happen without dating. In fact, I never dated my first and only real girlfriend. She actually pursued me.

I'm not being hypocritical. His post was good & had some good advice in it about not objectifying women. Also, his post wasn't even in this thread yet you bring it up to distract from all of the good advice you're getting and ignoring in this thread.

No, you can't have something because you refuse to do the work required to get that something. That's the only reason.

I don't even know what to make of that bizarre last couple of sentences. People date each other regardless of who initiates the courtship, then relationships form. Pretty simple concept. Probably totally moot to your life, though, because you don't seem interested one iota in doing anything to make yourself more attractive in order to get a date soooo.. yes, at this point, you are on a hopeless journey & will remain so until you decide to change.

You still can't get what happened through that damn thick skull of your's. He was accusing me of objectifying women as well as wanting to be a Donald Trump Jr. when I didn't express any of those sentiments. You are indeed being hypocritical because a moment ago you claimed you didn't care about his post and that it wasn't helpful but you were cheerleading for him in the first place.

Stop pursuing sex like a horny dog despite how you are telling me I am "messed up" for not fitting your paradigm and maybe I'll listen to you. Until then, get lost.

No, you don’t get it. I really don’t care about probiaire’s post & neither should you. It doesn’t do you any good to dwell on the one post you disliked last week instead of focusing on all the positive advice different people have posted. Read, learn, grow, change.

Whether I decide to get laid often or be celibate doesn’t matter one bit as to whether or not it’s in your best interest to follow everyone’s good advice and start working on yourself.

But just for the record I decided to get laid on my way to the beach this afternoon so wired that pit stop up and had some fun. Never know, I might have a little fun later tonight, too. Just depends on my mood later on more than anything.

If you don't care so much, why do you keep throwing a piss fit about me not being his friend?

Stop claiming you want to help me. All I see is someone shoving his sexual prowess in my face like the jerks who bullied me in school. Do you really think I am going to listen to you when you are essentially bragging to me? f**k that. You're free to keep up being a horny dog, just don't talk to me.

Just what is it going to take to make you quit posting in my threads? I've told you before I don't like you and I don't think you are helping me. All your posts towards me are about how "messed up" I am and how I need to shut myself away until I am considered "acceptable" to society. You may not see it like that but that's how it comes off to me. That's also how I've been treated by others my entire life.

AngelRho wrote:

Blah blah blah, why are you still going on about everything except for all the good advice you’ve been given by several different people?

Why can't you get a hint that you aren't being helpful and get lost? There's actually people on here who agree with me in regards to your posts.

Why are you being so rude to the only person trying to keep you focused on the “signal,” of your thread(s) instead of just letting you get lost in the distraction of the “noise?”

Focus, Marknis, focus!

Go re-read all of the positive advice people have given you and make a plan to take action & start changing yourself, and in turn your life, for the better.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 9:58 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

AngelRho wrote:

Why can't you get a hint that you aren't being helpful and get lost? There's actually people on here who agree with me in regards to your posts.

Why are you being so rude to the only person trying to keep you focused on the “signal,” of your thread(s) instead of just letting you get lost in the distraction of the “noise?”

Focus, Marknis, focus!

Go re-read all of the positive advice people have given you and make a plan to take action & start changing yourself, and in turn your life, for the better.

You asked me so don't get upset if you don't like what I say.

1) You accused me of objectifying women and wanting to be a Donald Trump Jr. based on someone's hideously inaccurate view about me. The moron cherry picked one of my posts and twisted that bit to attack me.

2) You shoved your sexual experiences in my face like the school bullies who terrorized me did. This isn't the first time either.

3) You generally downplay my struggles despite how I've lived all my life in the Bible Belt and know how the culture around me is like. It's a sick and disgusting place where anti-intellectualism is praised while going past certain limits is shunned or even punished. If you had to go through what I did, I'll bet your paradigm about me would get vaporized. And it wasn't just rednecks who called me a "homo" and beat me up, the hip hoppers did as well. I even work with a female hip hopper who doesn't like being discriminated against for being Hispanic but she's not above saying homophobic things and even asked me "Why are people suddenly turning gay these days?" :roll:

Not everyone has given me positive advice either. Some have accused me of wanting attention, called me a "creep", and that I need to shut myself away.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 10:19 pm

None of that has anything to do with deciding to take action and change yourself and your life for the better. That’s what you should be focusing on instead of complaining about the past or doing anything else that’ll keep you in a hopeless journey.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2018, 10:00 am

With all due respect, Marknis, you could be spending your time much better than arguing with people over irrelevant matters on the Internet. It's not going to get you anywhere. It's pretty clear that you're distracting yourself from the real problem here - which, funnily enough, is you.

I understand how you feel about your situation. Trust me, I do. I used to wallow in self-pity over never having had a girlfriend as well, but I gradually changed my mentality. Granted, I still have the occasional moments of depression because of it, but instead of them occurring 90% of the time, now they occur less than 5% of the time.

I know it's not an easy task - even for me, it took years - but you ultimately hold the most responsibility for your own life. Find ways to keep those negative thoughts away. If necessary, talk to someone else about them face-to-face. Once you do that, you'll find that you'll be happier than you were yesterday. It takes time, though - I can't emphasize that enough. But the key is not giving up.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2018, 12:07 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:
With all due respect, Marknis, you could be spending your time much better than arguing with people over irrelevant matters on the Internet. It's not going to get you anywhere. It's pretty clear that you're distracting yourself from the real problem here - which, funnily enough, is you.

I understand how you feel about your situation. Trust me, I do. I used to wallow in self-pity over never having had a girlfriend as well, but I gradually changed my mentality. Granted, I still have the occasional moments of depression because of it, but instead of them occurring 90% of the time, now they occur less than 5% of the time.

I know it's not an easy task - even for me, it took years - but you ultimately hold the most responsibility for your own life. Find ways to keep those negative thoughts away. If necessary, talk to someone else about them face-to-face. Once you do that, you'll find that you'll be happier than you were yesterday. It takes time, though - I can't emphasize that enough. But the key is not giving up.

Quoted for double emphasis on all of this - especially the bit about it taking time & persistence. Just like with physical health, it takes people a long time to get out of shape and thus people shouldn't expect to be able to get into shape rapidly. It takes time, dedication, and discipline - years, even. Just stay the course and do all the little things daily that add up to big changes in the long run.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2018, 1:46 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:

You're damn right it's not easy, especially when your siblings have no trouble and your divorced parents get married to other people and you can't even get a date despite doing a lot of the things people do to get dates.

I've also been told to lower my standards but the thing is I am not looking for a cheerleader or super model and the women I am deemed "compatible" to be with would require that I change myself for the wrong reasons. Going back to the old paradigm of God having a "plan" for me and shutting out anything "un-Christian" or "American" would be a step back, not forward.

Last edited by Marknis on 23 Apr 2018, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2018, 2:04 pm

Marknis wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:

You're damn right it's not easy, especially when your siblings have no trouble and your divorced parents get married to other people and you can't even get a date despite doing a lot of the things people do to get dates.

What Have you done to get dates?

And more importantly, what are you going to do to get dates?

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2018, 4:29 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:

What Have you done to get dates?

And more importantly, what are you going to do to get dates?

And how consistent have you been with what you’ve done?

I’ve said this in previous posts and it bears repeating: People who get a lot of dates and relationships are people for whom rejection is a part of life. All you see is the “happy ending,” but that’s only a microscopic part of the bigger picture.

NT folks won’t have quite the struggle with the script. They do this on instinct and it’s very natural. People who lack the instinct for pickups do better relying on a scripted approach more like an actor in a theater. If your script is unrehearsed, you come off as creepy or fake. You’re going to go through that when struggling with social awkwardness. Over time you start to recite your script just like it’s a part of you, so the creep factor and awkward fakeness tend to fade away. You sort of become your character.

If you ever watch actors when they first read or when they begin blocking, it’s usually a terrific mess. The audience will never see that, though. They are sold on the authentic delivery of a well-rehearsed play and might forget that it isn’t real.

I believe in starting with a small group of friends and snowballing that into a larger dating pool, after which you go from casual gtg as just friends to narrowing the pool the closer you get to feeling you have deep relationships starting to coalesce among a select group of women you meet. I believe in staying organized by keeping a journal and tracking how things go. You are almost certain to at least get a date this way if not, over time, a lasting romantic relationship. Over time, you have the opportunity to develop your people skills. See what girls respond to or what they find repulsive. Monitor and adjust your approach to “game the system” and boost your odds of meeting someone. This WILL work over time.

It’s what I would do if I were back in the dating scene. I haven’t dated in over a decade now, so I know it would take a lot of time to work up to. But I have no doubts that eventually things would happen for me as long as I stuck with it.

And people will disagree and suggest approaches they feel are more effective. And that’s GREAT. What we all have in common is a means for which we meet people, get to know people, and explore the possibilities of mutual romantic interest. And it’s something we repeat enough that rejection doesn’t really faze us. We can shake it off and move on to the next.

You figure out the path you want to take and then you stay on that path. Trying 3 or 4 things 3 or 4 times won’t cut it.

Loner269
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Apr 2018, 10:30 am

Sounds to me that you are in a really hopeless journey, judging from the amount of similar topics you have started. I'm sure the 237th topic will be the one that leads to success though!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 12:42 am

Stardust Parade wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:
How many more times are you going to make essentially the same thread and get essentially the same feedback until you start taking it upon yourself to give your life a facelift?

When people stop posting replies to his threads. He clearly does it for attention.

You should do that first before preaching to others.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 12:56 am

the OP is struggling to understand his place in this life, and the least the rest of us can do is be graceful and patient with him until he figures it out. some things can't be taught, and the whole social thing is one of those things. we have to figure it out on our own, if we ever do.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 1:27 am

auntblabby wrote:
the OP is struggling to understand his place in this life, and the least the rest of us can do is be graceful and patient with him until he figures it out. some things can't be taught, and the whole social thing is one of those things. we have to figure it out on our own, if we ever do.

Well said, auntblabby!

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 12:49 pm

Trueno wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Well said, auntblabby!

You have to also keep in mind I live in the Vile (Bible) Belt. I grew up being told my life was not in my hands but God's. I am just glad I overcame that brainwashing despite how long it took.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 8:20 pm

Marknis wrote:
Trueno wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Well said, auntblabby!

You have to also keep in mind I live in the Vile (Bible) Belt. I grew up being told my life was not in my hands but God's. I am just glad I overcame that brainwashing despite how long it took.

I hope and pray you can eventually move to someplace better for you, any way you can. I have read of some escapees from the vile belt who eventually hadda say "to hell with it" and just put up their thumb with just their clothes on their back, and end up someplace homeless but at least away from the vile belt. :idea:

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 8:43 pm

Marknis wrote:
I am just glad I overcame that brainwashing despite how long it took.

This is a profound positive change that you have made by your own effort. Remind yourself of this at moments when you feel like you're getting stuck. Maybe even write it down somewhere that you will see it often, to remind you that you are stronger than the negative thoughts are trying to trick you into thinking.