Is it ''abnormal'' for a 25 or 30 year old to be a virgin ?

Page 3 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 6:48 pm

MaxE wrote:
Losing one's virginity requires getting the cooperation of another person to bring their most private body parts into contact with yours. It's amazing anybody loses their virginity except by some form of coercion, yet it would seem most people have. I don't see where "normal" plays into this.

Probably because they want children

That wouldn't require any coercion

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 6:49 pm

Nades wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Nades wrote:

..........The republicans believe that avoiding stressors for long periods of time can exacerbate pre-existing anxiety as people get older?

Lol wut?

in a word, yes. every repubber I know thinks that way, my family is chock full of 'em.

I imagine it's quite a universal view irrespective of political alignment. I still have no idea what the republicans have to do with it.

because democrats are less likely to agree with it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 7:02 pm

I'm not sure avoiding stressors for long periods of time can exacerbate pre-existing anxiety as people get older is a particularly controversial statement.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 7:06 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Losing one's virginity requires getting the cooperation of another person to bring their most private body parts into contact with yours. It's amazing anybody loses their virginity except by some form of coercion, yet it would seem most people have. I don't see where "normal" plays into this.

I don't think most people want their first sexual experience to result in pregnancy. It's pretty common for it to happen well before they're in a position to raise offspring.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 7:52 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:
MaxE wrote:

I don't think most people want their first sexual experience to result in pregnancy. It's pretty common for it to happen well before they're in a position to raise offspring.

I know I don't!

I will get my chance for sex soon...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 7:58 pm

I'm praying that you have a good experience soon.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 8:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I'm praying that you have a good experience soon.

Me too... :heart: :heart: :heart:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 9:16 pm

I am a fairly awkward person, particularly in the realm of relationships and I managed to lose it by the age of 23.

If I can, anyone can. :nerdy:

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 9:23 pm

Like I said it will happen when I start spending the night at Jonathan or another man's house or vice-versa

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 10:52 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I am a fairly awkward person, particularly in the realm of relationships and I managed to lose it by the age of 23.

perhaps you are exceptionally good looking. I was not bad looking when younger but was deemed "uncanny valley" and shunned no matter what I did.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 11:06 pm

auntblabby wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

perhaps you are exceptionally good looking. I was not bad looking when younger but was deemed "uncanny valley" and shunned no matter what I did.

I was likely more attractive when I was younger as I was in shape back then.

Nowadays not so much, however. :lol:

I would say I am fairly average to be honest.

It happened for me when a female cousin of a friend said she has seen me when I was at his parents house (she must have been visiting her aunt/uncle) and that she liked the look of me.

I hadn't even noticed her. :jester:

My friend then put me into contact with her and things progressed from there...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 11:07 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I was likely more attractive when I was younger as I was in shape back then. Nowadays not so much, however. :lol:
I would say I am fairly average to be honest. It happened for me when a female cousin of a friend said she has seen me when I was at his parents house (she must have been visiting her aunt/uncle) and that she liked the look of me. I hadn't even noticed her. :jester: My friend then put me into contact with her and things progressed from there...

that is good fortune akin to manna from heaven, Mon Frere :)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm

auntblabby wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I was likely more attractive when I was younger as I was in shape back then. Nowadays not so much, however. :lol:
I would say I am fairly average to be honest. It happened for me when a female cousin of a friend said she has seen me when I was at his parents house (she must have been visiting her aunt/uncle) and that she liked the look of me. I hadn't even noticed her. :jester: My friend then put me into contact with her and things progressed from there...

that is good fortune akin to manna from heaven, Mon Frere :)

It does seem that way in retrospect. It certainly got me out of my shell so to speak, in that regard. :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Mar 2024, 12:35 am

I lost my virginity when I turned 30. I know it's uncommon & it's also uncommon for people to not have been in a relationship that lasted more than a year by then. However I also know that I am very different from most other people & that I need to set my own standards for myself. My standards need to be realistically obtainable for me. I will always fall majorly short when comparing myself to others. There will always be lots of people that are better than me in various ways no matter how much I improve myself. Comparing myself to them will only wreck my self-esteam.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 12:43 am

It is actually best that I have waited because if I have rushed into sex too early I could have ended up pregnant with a baby I had no idea how to care for!

It shouldn't be too long until I lose my virginity...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 12:45 am

nick007 wrote:
I lost my virginity when I turned 30. I know it's uncommon & it's also uncommon for people to not have been in a relationship that lasted more than a year by then. However I also know that I am very different from most other people & that I need to set my own standards for myself. My standards need to be realistically obtainable for me. I will always fall majorly short when comparing myself to others. There will always be lots of people that are better than me in various ways no matter how much I improve myself. Comparing myself to them will only wreck my self-esteem.

:wtg: