Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

gooftroop
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Dec 2007, 12:35 am

Ok. So I am an NT who may have a slight case of AS, if that is possible. But I certainly do have some AS traits. My hello thread will explain;

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt49953.html

I was looking on an online dating site and came across a girl who interested me, it was mainly her unique nature that I thought I could relate to, so I contacted her with an email, she later replied and all was good, so I sent another back. After I sent that email I decided to find out what she meant by "I'm an Aspie" which was in her profile. And that's when I learnt about Asperger's. I began to research more about the syndrome as I found it very interesting, particularly in finding out that I'm similar in ways.

I then googled her screen name and found she has a blog here and there and a MySpace. So I emailed her again after finding her MySpace, and also mentioned that I found out what AS is and that I thought she was very intriguing and that I felt I could relate to her.

I think all of my emails have been extremely polite and nice with a little humor. And I dont think I was too pushy or anything, just chatting, no flirting. Except for the fact that I sent two emails without having a reply in between from her. In the online dating game thats seen as being desperate! However I was just excited to have learnt more about her.

I'm wondering if I should wait for her contact before contacting her again? Or just be persistent and go ahead and let her know I am keen to know more about her. I'm new to the world of AS and dont know exactly the best approach with the difference in NT and AS. If it were an NT in question I would wait for her contact and if I heard nothing I would know she wasn't interested.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 1:23 am

I think you're analyzing this a bit much...

If that is the case, welcome to WP. Everybody here (myself included) gets analytical at times. That's just part of the AS.

In any case, I would wait for a response. If you've given her two emails without a response, the ball is definitely in her court. If she doesn't pass it back, she may not have the interest in you she thought she did...

gooftroop
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Dec 2007, 1:31 am

I admit one of my biggest problems is over analysing, and also stressing over nothing and turning nothing into something big.

TheZach
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2007, 1:58 am

sounds like your stalker her.

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.thezach.net/blog">My Blog</a>

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 2:19 am

gooftroop wrote:
I admit one of my biggest problems is over analysing, and also stressing over nothing and turning nothing into something big.

Ditto. The stress part for me is anxiety. The other is AS. If you looked at the list of symptoms you may not have all of them because you learned coping skills over time. Think back to childhood for the symptoms you don't currently have and you may find a closer fit.

gooftroop
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Dec 2007, 3:13 am

TheZach wrote:

Yeah I feared it might have come across that way. Perhaps I scared her away. But in all honesty I don't consider myself a stalker, just impatient.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 3:19 am

gooftroop wrote:
TheZach wrote:

Yeah I feared it might have come across that way. Perhaps I scared her away. But in all honesty I don't consider myself a stalker, just impatient.

Gooftroop. I'd back off for a bit and see what happens. might be a good idea. I'm the resident Date type guy to ask stuff around here, I used to be, til I took hiatus for school related reasons.

But yes, I'd advise backing off. Don't know if the girl has had contact with Aspies before, and being my AS/NT line walker, I usually play it safe and do what I can to not scare them off. But for you mate. I wish ye all the best of luck.

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 4:03 am

Yeah...slow and casual...she might be caught up or freaking out, either one of the two. Lol. Probably just caught up - most likely scenario.

Just don't smother her all at once - she'll run or knee-jerk.

Cool, calm, relaxed. Best way to be. We gals love it and it's the safest approach to a relationship. :)

And good luck!