Gay Aspie In Reno-Tahoe Area

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jona
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jan 2009, 12:21 am

8O So, here goes my first post on Wrong Planet. I am a homosexual Aspie and I just started figuring out how to treat my specific syndrome. I am not here to be pitied for being a homosexual and Aspie. I am here to connect with others that may feel like AS is a part of life and can get around it by working hard to be true to themselves. I am single and just out of a 7 month rocky relationship. Apparently, my talkative (rambling) style was not the greatest when trying to communicate my emotions and especially my OCPD. Anyhow, not to take up too much of your time. My name is Jonathan if you want to get to know me then please let me know.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 1:33 am

Jona wrote:
8O So, here goes my first post on Wrong Planet. I am a homosexual Aspie and I just started figuring out how to treat my specific syndrome. I am not here to be pitied for being a homosexual and Aspie. I am here to connect with others that may feel like AS is a part of life and can get around it by working hard to be true to themselves. I am single and just out of a 7 month rocky relationship. Apparently, my talkative (rambling) style was not the greatest when trying to communicate my emotions and especially my OCPD. Anyhow, not to take up too much of your time. My name is Jonathan if you want to get to know me then please let me know.

This thread might be what you are looking for
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt85600.html

by the way, Welcome To WrongPlanet.net

ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 3:25 am

Or this one? It's longer. There are quite a few more.
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt83455.html

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 1:43 pm

Reno is hell for gays, you have all the rednecks running around who just LOVE to beat up on "f*gbois" wherever such can be found. Reno has a small gay community, but most gays tend to get the hell out ASAP. The problem with being gay AND aspie is that one's income is usually limited, so better options for city of residence, like San Francisco, tend to be out of reach. If you were just aspie, I'd say that it seems to me that the outer counties, like Lyon and Churchill, are more tolerant of oddball people. In rural Nevada the philosophy is usually live and let live so if you're a hermit like many aspies are the town elites tend to leave you alone. However, they do NOT like gays. So all I can say is keep exploring options.