Page 6 of 75 [ 1196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 75  Next

mysteriouslyabsent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2006, 5:57 pm

23 Male located London, UK

my myspace is
http://www.myspace.com/R988z
if you want to drop a message or add me or whatever people do on myspace (haven't been a member long)

ericmc783
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jul 2006, 4:34 am

Eric, 23, from Ohio, USA. i like sports and rock music. i usually try to limit the # of ppl i talk to online, but i feel it would be nice to find other ppl who could understand AS and what i go through. I love rollercoasters and concerts and fireoworks and all sorts of kewl stuff lol.

if you ever want to chat just holla.

tefting
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jul 2006, 9:06 pm

I'm 22. I'm near Philadelphia, PA. I'm a college student/freelance jewelry maker.
My interests include endocrinology, Feminism, Knitting, Making Jewelry, Nutrition, Politics, Philosophy, Psychology, Sewing, Sociology and Veganism.

I've been diagnosed with NLD. My boyfriend is my best friend. I don't have very many friends. I have a lot of people who are a "gray area" for me (I wish you could just ask, so are we friends now? like in Napoleon Dynamite). Something about me seems to make a lot of people hate me and I'm not sure what it is.

Anyone who's interested is welcome to IM or PM me.

lostatlimbo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2006, 2:52 am

lynnredbug wrote:
Hello everybody. I am 29, female, originally from Thailand, now living in the US. I've never been professionally diagnosed but it's very clear to me I have AS...

Wow. I really loved how thoroughly you've covered all different dynamics as to how Asperger's affects a person's daily life. My life is much different than yours, in detail, but change the characters and circumstances, and I've had all the same experiences. You've "hit the nail on the head" with the best demonstrative summary of AS, I've yet to come across. Thanks so much for sharing!

lostatlimbo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Aug 2006, 6:04 pm

I suppose I should actually post my information here as well. :)

I am 25, male, in Portland Oregon.

I haven't been officially dx'ed yet, but I am certain. (scored a 179 on the test here - yikes!)

By day, I am a web developer, by night I try to work on my real passions - music and film. I am a singer and a songwriter with an acoustic guitar. I am slowly working on some film scripts and hope to direct them someday, in addition to my writing and recording my music.

I also love photography and most other forms of art (I used to draw frequently). I love camping and hiking and want to travel all over the world someday. I have an adorable cat named Samson. He's my buddy.

Having only recently discovered AS, it has been both very relieving and stressful to realize. I would like to meet and converse with some other Aspies, as much of what I have read here so far has been comforting and helpful.

PM me or check out my music myspace page... www.myspace.com/excitableboy

Chat_Noir
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2006, 7:25 am

Here there, I'm a 23yo female from Australia.

My main passion and obsession in life is music, without it I would surely die. My other interests include art (both art appreciation and my own works), photography, theatre and comedy. I love cats too. Currently unemployed, still not sure what I want to do, exept that I would love to be involved with music in some way. (preferably making it)

I've got a couple of friends, but always have trouble finding new ones. I still suffer from social anxiety. I've always felt missunderstood, and that nobody "gets" me. Thats why I'm so glad this site exists. I hope I can really get to know some people here. Lately I've just been frustrated at the whole world. I need to change my outlook on life.

tefting

31 Aug 2006, 2:42 pm

Just thought I'd add here's my myspace and my blog. I would have edited my post but I'm not allowed to now.

http://www.myspace.com/71915175

http://jeanette-b.blogspot.com/

Catster
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Oct 2006, 3:28 am

Hey there my name is Catriona, I'm a 26yo female from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

My interests include art (spraypainting on canvas my main form), photography, going out for coffee with friends, internet and TV my favourite show is Neighbours. I love cats too I have a cat called Clive Ginger. I am currently unemployed but have worked a coupleof fulltime jobs in the past and many casual ones also. I do a bit of freelance film-making and cleaning amongst other things. I am still not sure what I want to do, except that I would love to be involved with film making or in the background in criminal justice.

I've got a couple of friends, but always have trouble finding new ones and keeping my existing ones. I've always felt missunderstood, and that nobody "gets" me. Thats why I'm so glad this site exists. I hope I can really get to know some people here. Check out my myspace page and feel free to add yourself as a friend. I am also interested in corresponding by email with Aspies between the ages of 18-30 preferably in Australia but anwhere in the world wouls be cool.

http://www.myspace.com/catrionaajt
email. [email protected]

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2006, 1:10 am

Hi, I'm a 19 years old (on october 19th I will be 20) female and my name is Diana. I'm from Cd. Madero, Tamaulipas, in Mexico. I'm studing Electronic Enginery at the Technologic of Cd. Madero.

I have both parents, two sisters and one brother. My dad is ADHD, and the others are NT. I haven't been diagnosed, but if you know AS characteristics, there is no doubt I'm an aspie, it's very clear to me I have AS.

My special interest include: Mega Man, videogames, samurais and katanas, robots, time-space theories, music (celtic, turkish, japanese, electronic, rock, and other types), some anime and manga series, reading, investigating about Autism, reptiles (mainly iguanas and snakes), collecting toys and action figures about some videogames and handcrafting. Also, I sometimes draw, and I have a gallery, please check it :wink: :

http://samuraisaxen.deviantart.com/

I have some friends, but I don't have any aspie friends. I would like to know an aspie girl/boy living in the same city as me.

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2006, 1:15 am

Hmmn, strange, I read some comments that "no one cares" or "no one will do anything about it"

I've only been on here a week or so and I've already met 3-4 awesome people, we've already made plans to trade/create things together, I don't get the whole anti-hope anti-everything attitude, once you get to the point where nothing matters, doesnt a voice scream in your head "NOW WHAT?"

Dave_19_Essex
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2006, 5:36 am

Well my name is David and i'm from Southend-On-Sea in the united kingdom i'm 19 years of age and enjoy most things such as music football etc and i'm looking for aspie friends from anywhere around the globe :)

Woz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Oct 2006, 11:31 pm

Charlie here. I chose Woz as a pseudoname as I admire the potential that Steve Wozinak would have brought more to the compting world had he not bonked his head and forgot what he was doing. (ancient, ancient reference there)

Um, back to the topic at hand. I reside in the Appalachias, "Apple-Latch-e-ans", two cats, 2 1/2 cars, piles of semi-useless knick-naks, a full collection of Weird Al music, attempting to collect the full Zappa set, and do computer programming (HTML, SQL, PHP, and other Alphabet Protocols)

Social? I've wandered to many a music concert, and have no problem in crowds, even talking scripted conversations whilst working the phones for my 3-odd different telephone support (NOT marketing or collections, I get enough of that at home) But one-on-one there seems to be a gap somewhere.

Books? Douglas Adams, of course. a The Full Collection of Firesign Theatre. Monty Python, as well. Science Fiction. Fictional Science.

Other things include Photoshopping the carp out of things, getting them to the point of plausibility; that monkey over there wasn't painting himself when I first found the artwork, for instance..

At this point I think I was supposed to insert common social interactivity difficulty problems. Well, compared to the kid that was me, I'm doing a lot better, even than 10 years past. It might have helped if those psychiatrist folks had sealed something in an envelope to give to me when I was 18, rather than not sharing what they thought my problems were (are?).. But it seems some of these phenomenons didn't get defined until more recently, so I guess they didn't exist when I was a kiddie.. But at least I avoided the modern era of 'fix it with a 'script'..

I think this was supposed to be the 'hi, what do you do?' thing rather than a couch session, so my apologies for OT ramblings.. Thank goodness for Preview.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2006, 11:54 am

Dave_19_Essex wrote:
Well my name is David and i'm from Southend-On-Sea in the united kingdom i'm 19 years of age and enjoy most things such as music football etc and i'm looking for aspie friends from anywhere around the globe :)

Hey, a fellow Essex boy. :)

I live in Essex as well. :)

Sorry to post here even though I'm not 19 + :(

Grim
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2006, 6:19 am

I am Charlie (the girl kind) i am 19 and from south east england.
I love all things to do with 'the crow' i also love photos, old postcards and music.
I hate public transport and have panic attacks sometimes, but i have a full time job.
I like to think i cope quite well :lol:
I would like to get to know anyone nice, from anywhere in the world.

JosephK
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Nov 2006, 3:41 am

I don't know why I'm even bothering because I know nothing'll ever come of it, but my name is William, 24 years old, and I live in Northern Virginia (close to D.C.). I have no friends and no prospects of acquiring any.

mummadisaster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Nov 2006, 9:36 am

My turn..

I joined this group not so long ago, and thought I would add my details to this list (gawd my memory is like a sieve - I hope I haven't actually done this already!! !)

I'm a 38 year old single mum from NSW Australia.

I work full time night shift hours as a shift manager for a transport company, and sleep during the day :lol:

For the most part I have a positive attitude to life, I don't let life get me down too much. I have a Diploma in IT and would like to study for further qualifications in the near future, through the company I work for. My interests include travelling, driving, swimming, cooking, fixing and upgrading computers, and digital photography.

As well as being an aspie, I am the mother of an aspie as well - so life is fairly interesting at home!

Hope to make some friends here - to share thoughts and experiences - I don't get much time to visit the chatroom but will try to get in when I can.

OK, that's it from me.

Jus