Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 7:35 pm

Did you ever just say things out loud that was in your mind without giving much thought to whether it was appropriate?

I remember in grade 12 English class we went out to the hallway one at a time to recite our monologues while the rest of the class was watching some Shakespeare movie. So I went and got my monologue done. Then, the teacher told me to call Alison out to the hall. (The teacher would tell the previous person to call the next person out so he wouldn't need to walk in and out of the classroom). Now, I did not know who Alison was (and kind of surprised I didn't know someone's name from the class) and so I stepped into the classroom and said "Alison" then with a quieter tone "whoever she is..." (I might've had bad grammar and said "whoever THAT is" which would have been worse). I remember a few girls in the class immediately went into shock and covered their mouths with their hand and said "Jimmy thats so mean." and someone else said "I feel so bad for the girl who heard this." I went silent and life moved on from there.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 7:57 pm

I speak a lot of things from my mind. Some woman asked me what was new. I told her, that I've been up to the same old things. Going on the Internet, and listening to The Kinks, as always. She told me that sometimes, it's nice to have a change. I told her, that it might not be so nice, if you don't like change. She told me that it could be easier to manage, in small doses, but it's wise not to overdo it.

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 11:09 pm

The other day I said to my boss: "I'm smarter than you, and I've had brain damage." Oops. Luckily he laughed.

Today I told my gf she's gained weight. Oops.

Sometimes I just suck.

So yes, I have that problem.

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 11:11 pm

I also recently told a coworker that I've noticed her chest has gotten huge since she got pregnant. Oops again.

I really really have problems with this.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 11:34 pm

druidsbird wrote:
The other day I said to my boss: "I'm smarter than you, and I've had brain damage." Oops. Luckily he laughed.

Sometimes I just suck.

How is the couch?

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 12:33 am

Ferdinand wrote:
druidsbird wrote:

Sometimes I just suck.

How is the couch?

Smells like cat.

I deserve it. :oops:

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 4:11 am

druidsbird wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
druidsbird wrote:

Sometimes I just suck.

How is the couch?

Smells like cat.

Ok, I'm lost in this conversation here (ya even an aspie conversation). What did the couch have anything to do with gaining weight and telling the boss about intelligence?

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 4:22 am

My worst was when a woman I found attractive informed me she was gay ... and I burst out with something like "Oh, what a waste!" But, she just chuckled a bit and we remained good friends for quite a while after that.

Technikilor
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2010, 4:30 am

I've been known to be very outspoken, but always in a relevant context. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, do you?

POWA
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2010, 12:34 pm

jc6chan wrote:
druidsbird wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
druidsbird wrote:

Sometimes I just suck.

How is the couch?

Smells like cat.

Ok, I'm lost in this conversation here (ya even an aspie conversation). What did the couch have anything to do with gaining weight and telling the boss about intelligence?

Telling your girlfriend she has gained weight is an insult and would make her very mad. Ferdinand made a joke about it, suggesting that the girlfriend would throw him out of bed and force him to sleep on the couch.

ambi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2010, 12:55 pm

I used to as a kid but I am just extremely tight-lipped now except in front of people who know me well

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 1:06 pm

jc6chan wrote:

Yeah, as stated before. I was insinuating that his girlfriend forced him out of the bed.

And, the boss incident had nothing to do with it.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 1:49 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
jc6chan wrote:

Yeah, as stated before. I was insinuating that his girlfriend forced him out of the bed.

Oh ok, I get it now. Wow, I can't believe I got lost in a WP conversation. One last question, does "smells like cat" mean anything?

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 2:27 pm

jc6chan wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
jc6chan wrote:

Oh ok, I get it now. Wow, I can't believe I got lost in a WP conversation. One last question, does "smells like cat" mean anything?

It was an addition to the joke, making it seem more realistic for the sake of humor. And, smells like cat is something humorous.

And it's fine! We all get confused :)

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 2:42 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
jc6chan wrote:

It was an addition to the joke, making it seem more realistic for the sake of humor. And, smells like cat is something humorous.

Yeah, that's what I meant. :)

I'm less a "him" than a "her" though. :oops:

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 2:47 pm

druidsbird wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
jc6chan wrote:

Yeah, that's what I meant. :)

I'm less a "him" than a "her" though. :oops:

Oh dear. I'm sorry.