A female putting her hand on my shoulder means?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

kriskarnage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Nov 2010, 10:22 pm

Without going to much into a back story what does it mean when a girl puts her hand and your shoulder often when we are talking. She's a co-worker of mine that I don't spend a whole lot of time with. It probably happens about 1-2 times a week. I never put a lot of thought about this mostly because she's rather attractive and don't want to get my hopes up haha.

delic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Nov 2010, 11:08 pm

I get this every week with some of the staff I work with while volunteering, I don't think it means anything much, some people are just very touchy feely when chatting - it's just part of the way they communicate. Perhaps you could observe her when she talks with other people, see if she does the same thing or whether it's just with you.

Edit:

On second thoughts I'm not really sure, anyone else?

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

18 Nov 2010, 12:04 am

Hand on the shoulder means...howya doing pal
both hands on both shoulders with a dreamy look in her eyes...is entirely different

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 12:56 am

Once in a practical class a girl put her hand on my thighs and due to asperger's I immediately looked at my thighs as we are more sensitive towards physical stimulation. She then removed her hand as she thought that I took offence. I said to myself "s**t".
She was very attractive and was to some extent after me due to my intelligence.

Foxx
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2010, 2:26 am

delic wrote:
I get this every week with some of the staff I work with while volunteering, I don't think it means anything much, some people are just very touchy feely when chatting - it's just part of the way they communicate. Perhaps you could observe her when she talks with other people, see if she does the same thing or whether it's just with you.

Edit:

On second thoughts I'm not really sure, anyone else?

For some it may also mean implying friendship, but also kinda what jojobean implies :)

Gruntre
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Nov 2010, 7:09 am

Christians can do this, they can be quite hands on. Ask her if she believes in the Lord. That'll solve the issue one way or another. :-D

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 7:25 am

It's not particularly an attraction signal, just a normal conversational gesture.

kriskarnage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2010, 3:02 pm

Gruntre wrote:
Christians can do this, they can be quite hands on. Ask her if she believes in the Lord. That'll solve the issue one way or another. :-D

yea i overheard a few times she belongs in a pentecostal church, so that would make sense.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 1:52 am

If someone did that to me, I would assume it meant they want to loose their hand or at least be spat on.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2010, 5:10 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
If someone did that to me, I would assume it meant they want to loose their hand or at least be spat on.

LOL. Aw, c'mon, you don't mean that. Some people are just more tactile than others.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2010, 7:24 pm

PunkyKat wrote:

:lol: