Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Nick88
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Oct 2011, 5:42 am

Don't you hate it when someone is joking with you , but it annoys you so much that you feel you want to knock them out. Does anyone else get this?. I had this on Thursday when someone was trying to be funny with me , but i had a surge of frustration and i thought he was taking the piss out of me.

HondaZx2
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Oct 2011, 6:43 am

Nick88 wrote:
Don't you hate it when someone is joking with you , but it annoys you so much that you feel you want to knock them out. Does anyone else get this?. I had this on Thursday when someone was trying to be funny with me , but i had a surge of frustration and i thought he was taking the piss out of me.

just walk away

tell the person its not funny

change the subject

and yes i know where your comming from, im just really good at being a bigger a-hole then that person

Dingo7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2011, 8:21 am

Holy moley i can relate...

Like when a friend thinks its funny to hide your wallet from you then completely forgets where he hid it... when the contents of the wallet add up to a 4 digit number...

Or jokingly holds your very important signed paperwork out the car window...

Both examples ive had this week, and both i specifically said DO NOT DO under any circumstance... dont touch the paperwork... dont touch the wallet ... INFURIATING... there comes a time where enough is enough...

SkipNip
Raven
Raven

15 Oct 2011, 9:14 am

I've been getting this my whole life. I'm fairly sure the frustration (which is followed by violent urges) is a result of not being able to defend yourself verbally. When I first started secondary school (when I was around 13) there was a small number of people who messed with me like this. They made it out like they were joking but they were still disrespecting me so I didn't like it. I couldn't defend myself with words so I used my fists instead. I fought every one of them and it turned out that I was a pretty good fighter. The only reason people stopped messing with me after that was fear though, not respect. My friends respected me but people who didn't know me just knew I had a reputation. The older people in the school still messed with me and I fought some of them but since they're way bigger than me I couldn't win any of them. I put up good fights though and I did earn a fair bit of respect for having the balls to do it. Unfortunately as an adult I can't use my fists anymore so I'm once again defenseless. I can defend myself against people who directly talk s**t but against sly people who mess with me in subtle, insidious ways I'm pretty defenseless.

hale_bopp wrote:
You have a worried look on your face.
What's the matter?
Relax.
You look uncomfortable.
Lighten up.

etc.

Yep, this is what I'm talking about. I manage my emotions well and I never let things bother me so it pisses me off when people assume that theres I'm depressed/worried about something as if I can't just deal with whatevers bothering me and get over it. Its condescending and disrespectful of them. I have my weaknesses but this is definitely not where they lie, its quite the opposite, I manage my emotional states very well. If theres something causing me negative emotions, I identify it and resolve it.