I seem to be a magnet for two kinds of people

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 4:39 pm

Hi I am someone on the spectrum who is very extroverted and I seem to be to attract two types of people.

1. The introvert
2. Insecure people

I often thinks that things will work out with these kinds of people and then I often find myself getting let down by both groups of people.

Does anyone else have this in common with me?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 6:34 pm

I experience the same thing and I have those same thoughts as well. I've always attracted the quiet ones and the insecure ones.

Perkulator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jun 2014, 11:15 pm

I have always attracted people who have problems and look to me as the one to solve them all. I am willing and enjoy helping people to a certain point. I draw boundary's when it gets to the point of them wanting to borrow everything I have and hitting me in the pocket book.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 7:12 am

I also find that I will connect with someone who is insecure who will latch themselves onto me because they need me to fill up the true void that they are looking for. They cling and cling until they are certain that the desire of their heart is there to stay. So I get kicked with excuses about how it's not going to work due to personality differences.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 7:19 am

I was going to guess weirdos and freaks...just like I seem to be. 8)

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 10:53 am

Another type of person that I seem to be a magnet for is someone who has an asperger's diagnosis and we seem to get on great until they discover that they are not on the spectrum. So I get thrown away.

KindOf
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jul 2014, 6:39 pm

I don't mind introverts at all, but I do often attract narcissists, people who want to be "fixed", etc, if I'm not careful. I don't know what it is about me.

I understand the frustration of attracting insecure people who want to be filled up. It's not so much that they're insecure as it is that I'm just there to make them feel better, and if I didn't provide, well... would they still like me? Is the care genuine or am I a source to them?

Anna_K
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2014, 9:49 am

I don't consider myself to be that insecure, but I am more of a quiet, reserved person who attracts the loud, outgoing extroverted people.....

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 11:40 am

am somewhat introverted, it's off and on.
i've found that many of my female friends are very insecure and sometimes come to me for help.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.