Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

JuggaspieZ2k
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Feb 2012, 2:31 pm

I just don't. I am happy as I am. I'm just happy with my family ties.

NicoleG
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 2:55 pm

I was more lonely trying to fit in with a large group of friends that I really couldn't open up to nor feel quite like myself around than I was just having my family and a couple of close friends.

Cookiemobsta
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Feb 2012, 4:21 pm

Have you had a period in your life where you've had close friends? It could be you just don't know what you're missing :)

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2012, 5:09 pm

I really don't have a great desire for friends either. I usually don't have more than 1- 2 at a time ( with long periods of none in between) and even when I have them, I don't feel much of an urge to interact with them. I am close to my husband and two of my daughters, and I enjoy my grandchildren, but outside of them I really don't have any family connections either.

DaBeef2112
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2012, 5:18 pm

I have 2 friends, my best friend that I see maybe 2-3 times a year an another I haven't seen in 3-4 years. That's plenty for me.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 12:09 am

I don't feel like I need friends anymore. I would be happy if I find one but I don't go looking for it.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 12:00 pm

JuggaspieZ2k wrote:
I just don't. I am happy as I am. I'm just happy with my family ties.

I agree, I think people on the spectrum don't need a large amount of friends to feel acceptance or social fulfillment, we can definitely get by on having a close knit small group of friends or one partner that gives us that validation and social acceptance.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 12:01 pm

I need 1-2 real friends. any less i feel lonely, any more i feel crowded.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

14 Feb 2012, 2:29 pm

your back is the only one that has you. ever

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Feb 2012, 7:35 pm

I been a loner all my life. I never been close with my family & I never really wanted friends till I got in my 1st relationship & we broke up when I was 20. I want to have a couple close friends instead of having a large group on them. I have lots of things making it difficult for me thou. I'm mostly trying to make friends online rite now because I don't know where or how to get them offline

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

llama123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Feb 2012, 2:00 am

for me I've mostly been an loner all my life. Even at times to my family but about an year ago i did start to make more friendships with people and i got two good friends out

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 9:29 am

I think it is healthy not to feel need for friends, but they can give an opportunity for peer review.

pressplay
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Feb 2012, 11:06 pm

My review has always been covered in red ink, so I figure... I feel great without people, and seem to do alright. Why should I go on feeling miserable around people, only to get negative reviews. Believe me, the stress outweighs the good times to such an extent, I hardly miss them.

What can I say. They think they know me better than I know myself. Is this the price you pay for friends?

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2012, 2:15 am

I have had the best times of my life, alone, without thinking of getting a date, or a girlfriend, or a friend. I have always been a loner, and very proud of it. I work alone, I drink alone, I sleep alone, and I am sure I'll die alone.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 12:28 pm

It's up to you to set your limit. I can only handle one or two close friends at a time. The rest remain close enough but on a sort of hold.

I don't rely on others for much. It's too hard for to ask and they often don't understand and let me down. My only worry about not having a lot of friends is that when I die, my dogs will get hungry before someone finds me.

shartora
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2012, 12:44 pm

Need? No, like a lot in this topic I'm happy on my todd. It can be pleasant being in good company, but finding it is a nightmare. Need to wade through too many idiots to find the good stuff, when the time spent doing so could be put to other things.

So the neurologist was correct.