Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Ziino
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 May 2016, 5:13 pm

Life is being pretty annoying lately. I am 19 years old and i am really stressing out about what people might think about me.

What happens is that lately i notice people staring at me a lot, i walk and the person in front of me looks at me and makes a weird looking smile and looks away like if he/she found me funny looking.

I am a descent looking guy, and many people have told me i am really good looking. I dont think they look at me because of my looks because i feel is the face expressions i make.

When i talk to someone most people would avoid eye contact with me, like completely even my teachers, while some other days they would make eye contact, it makes no dam sense, i notice they keep eye contact with ugly people but they dont keep eye contact with me, so its not looks but maybe face expressions or something.

Could it be because maybe i do akward faces? My friends when they see me approaching them they always tell me why am i scare and i reply no i am not, meaning it seems i make a awkward shy face most of the time but when im hanging out with friends or i get in a good mood people would keep eye contact with me when i am not making the awkward faces. Because lets say theres 3 friends and i walk to them, they say hi then they ask me why are you worried and i always say i am not. Is like i am making faces that have nothing to do with my feelings.

I try not to make awkward faces, it seems i stop making awkward looking faces when i am having a good time and being with friends but when i am walking by myself even through i dont feel shy or scared i do this faces.

Its really really affecting me, i dont know what to do, its making me afraid of making those alone walks because people stare at me, i dont know how to keep an neutral face even through i dont feel awkward or anything. This started happening this semester, never happened before, i also been having lack of sleep for the past few months but still.

Please answer me and your throughs. I am being really insecure.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2016, 5:37 pm

I wish I knew you in person; then, maybe, I could help you better.

What I would do: I would go in front of a mirror and practice "neutral" facial expressions.

And I would also try to socialize with people more. Find out what they're interested in. If it so happens that you're interested in what they're interested in, try to insert your input into the conversation when there is a pause in the conversation.