Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

palmer431bc
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Aug 2017, 4:37 pm

I am going camping with a group of friends whom I dont really enjoy the company of. However, they are my only friends and i fear that if i pull out i will be distancing myself from them. I'm also giving them a lift back. I only have one more year left of school and then I can forget about them, but for now I really dont like the thought of sitting on my own at lunch. Just no. Yet the thought of having to chill with them alone with them in the middle of nowhere for three days gives me major anxiety. I cant stand two of the girls and i just always feel left out in general, sometimes its like im not there and it would make no difference if i wasnt (surprise, they only want me there for the lift home.)

Should i go or come up with an excuse?

“The heart — it is a physical organ, we all know. But how much more an emotional organ — this we also know. Love, like blood, flows from the heart. Are blood and love related? Does a heart pump blood as it pumps love? Is love the blood of the universe?”

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Sep 2017, 5:54 pm

A bit late in the game to pull out if they are counting on you for a ride. This might alienate you from the group even more. This post is old so you might have already gone. But if you don't like them don't go no sense being uncomfortable espeicly since it sounds like you don't really like these people. It's just better to have SOMEONE to hang out with then no one right? I made that mistake and you can end up around some bad people always doing what you don't want to do. It gets very stressful.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 9:09 pm

Make sure you bring a book and a chair or hammock, and maybe some headphones and music to listen to. There can be a lot of downtime in camping, and you can simply relax if everyone else is talking. Don't think about being left out, but be prepared in case you need to entertain yourself. I would also bring a deck of cards so games can be played with the group, so you can be social even if you aren't great friends.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 6:08 am

I haven't see you, Nerdygirl, in an enormously long time.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 6:14 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I haven't see you, Nerdygirl, in an enormously long time.

I've poked around from time to time recently but took some time off for almost a year and a half.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 6:24 am

Is your son in Juilliard yet?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 6:52 am

I would like to go camping more often. Nature is something which is beautiful, made for our perusal, and very inexpensive.