What to say to childhood/teenage friends if you meet them?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Sep 2017, 11:06 am

We are living in a small world and even if I moved miles away in my early adulthood I still feel "haunted" with thoughts about my childhood and teenage-friends, what I would say if we bump into each other one day.

Some of them I spent a lot of years with but they became selfcentered (especially one of them) and I then decided to just move on without telling too much, she would never understand anyway. Sometimes I see on Facebook that this former friends are visiting my current city and I feel so tense just imagen what I would say if they ask why I did this or that or how my life is doing now.

They are NTs and because we grew apart in early 20s, they didn't pick up my autism (I wasn't diagnosed back then and people didn't know so much these things then), it was easier to hide as well, we all were young in our minds, today I feel like I'm the only one who's the forever young-type in a childish way. My fear of meeting this people are because I don't work, I'm getting sick pay and can't function normal in society as they are doing, I don't even have a drivers licence and I'm really tense just to go on a regular bus, I have issues.

Can someone relate or know how to handle this fear and how to response?
What to say? What to avoid?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 12:32 pm

Usually if it has been that long, I do not say anything

A lot of the time, I recognize them and they do not recognize me

So I just ignore them

:D

Once in a while I say something

But :heart:
it is usually not worth the cost benefit analysis :D

When I was 31, someone told me he recognized me. From fifth grade

20 years

And I did not recognize him

But he was wearing an entire manual labor suit, such that you could not see his head

If they say something, I say :jester: hi. How are you. Have a great day".

Only in rare instances do I ask for contact info

:cry:

Having said that

I have no job either

And my appearance is not something I feel proud of

:mrgreen: even though appearances are superficial :cry:

:lol:

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Sep 2017, 3:01 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Usually if it has been that long, I do not say anything

A lot of the time, I recognize them and they do not recognize me

So I just ignore them

:D

Once in a while I say something

But :heart:
it is usually not worth the cost benefit analysis :D

When I was 31, someone told me he recognized me. From fifth grade

20 years

And I did not recognize him

But he was wearing an entire manual labor suit, such that you could not see his head

If they say something, I say :jester: hi. How are you. Have a great day".

Only in rare instances do I ask for contact info

:cry:

Having said that

I have no job either

And my appearance is not something I feel proud of

:mrgreen: even though appearances are superficial :cry:

:lol:

:D It's both a bit scary and funny when someone is recognize you and you not the person back. I think about that sometimes, people see me when I don't see them and off course they are but it's a bit freightning.

My topic is not about some random classmates, I do feel uncomfortable to meet them as well but this is about friends you been close to for many years but drifted apart from. People who was important to you back then that you decided to leave.