Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 6:26 pm

so today at work i was driving my bus and it broke down in the bus station .i called my boss to send a back up bus which he did and when it arrived i asked the passengers to get on to the other bus
they did,all but one who had to make a huge fuss she remained in her seat

me:could you get on the other bus please,this ones broken down
woman:i am not moving why should i move??
me: because this bus has broken down
woman:then i will stay here,i am not moving myself on to another bus its not my fault the bus has broken down is it
me:thats beside the point but if you dont move then your going to make me late and everyone else late
woman:so be it

then she called me a stubborn b***h so i fetched one of the other bus drivers to deal with her while i just got on the other bus and continued my job

but why do some people have to protest like that even though theyre making it worst for themselves and others? wouldnt it be easier to just get on the other bus with everyone else ?wasnt my fault the bus broke down,Im a driver not a mechanic.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 6:46 pm

I've seen this type of thing happen on a bus before as well. The bus I was riding was caught up in traffic due to a car accident and couldn't go any other way, making the bus 45 minutes late to the next town. The driver explained to the passengers that had been waiting that there was an accident, and yes I understand that some people were pissed off but they still didn't give the driver grief because of it. But one man did. He got on, gave the driver a bunch of abuse, and sat down without paying his fare. The driver asked him to leave the bus for not paying his fare but he yelled "why should I pay if the bus turns up late! What a service!" and started being verbally abusive. It took another half an hour trying to get this rather abusive man off, and finally he gave in and walked off, threatening to complain about the driver to the bus company. The driver just said, "yeah, go ahead, they'll just say the same thing I said to you."

I don't understand why he was the one complaining the most about the bus being late and then making the bus even later by being obstinate. I guess some people think they're proving a point by making a spectacle of themselves. It never does work.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2020, 7:59 am

I don't think it has anything to do with you personally, rather it sounds like this person sounds like someone who is rigid and set in their ways. As for her calling you stubborn, she's really just projecting herself onto you to avoid taking responsibility.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2020, 7:21 pm

Sometimes people do not deal with negative feelings well. Maybe she never learned how to handle her frustration or her feelings were just too strong for her to handle properly that day.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2020, 7:33 pm

I understand about getting annoyed by delays and having to switch buses, but refusing to get off is just ridiculous. How is that gonna help anyone, including the angry person?
I've been on some buses and subways that had technical issues that made passengers need to get off it, but I've never seen anyone refuse to leave, just grumble about it.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2020, 11:07 am

You’re right. It’s ridiculous.

Don’t pay the woman any mind. She has some of problem that distorts reality.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2020, 12:32 pm

For a long time it was believed that the sun revolved around the earth. We woke in the morning and watched it rise and then towards the end of the day it would set, slowly revolving around the earth. But then someone thought that perhaps the earth was revolving around the sun. It was the fact that the earth was spinning that it gave the illusion that the sun was moving.

People are like that. Some people seem to think that the whole world revolves around them.

chemicalsandotherpeopleswords
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2020, 10:29 pm

(Joking)

She was a telekinetic automechanic. If you'd just let her stay on the bus she could have fixed it with her mind.

"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right!"

"Congratulations to the dry eyes, and consolations to the nice guys"

beady
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2020, 10:44 pm

It is amazing how unreasonable some people can be. As if they are disconnected from reality.
I would love to know how long she sat on the broken down bus or if they just towed it away with her in it. Maybe they both needed a reapir!
There are people where I work that can be so down right mean most of the time and it makes you wonder if they are like that to everyone in their life. Then there are those that take some small action of someone else's and turn it into a war. Whatever happened to a society where you are expected to treat each with respect?
You have commendable patience OP!