They wont let me talk the way I want to

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2018, 3:46 pm

I dont know why but I really dont like speaking in 1st person. When I speak out loud I prefer to use 3rd person. Its a weird preference. But when I do it, people correct me. I dont like that.

I also like to talk about cats a lot and people want me to not. People tell me to shut up.

I almost dont feel like speaking anymore. It is exhausting. People are always saying I do it wrong and that I need to follow certain rules. There is too many to remember. Casual conversations are not fun. Ahhh.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 4:49 pm

I like cats. I wouldn't mind you talking about cats.

What's your favorite kind of music?

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2018, 4:56 pm

I like greenday

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 4:59 pm

I like them, too.

Do you like music from the 1960s and 1970s, too?

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2018, 5:04 pm

I dont really know music from then. Im only 18

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 5:12 pm

I know.

But I know music from the 50's pretty well. I was born in 1961.

Have you listened to the Beatles?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 2:13 am

Are cats the only thing you talk about? Or do you start talking about cats when the topic at hand has nothing to do with them? If so then I can understand why people get mad; if you constantly try to make others stray from the original point then that means you're trying to turn the conversation away from the topics others want to discuss to topics you want to talk about. In other words, you come across as selfish and obsessed. Only talk about cats when that is the topic and make an effort to pay attention to other things too. If no one seems to ever talk about what you want, then sometimes you can ask if you could all talk about cats for a while.

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2018, 6:30 am

I talk about cats, anytime that I feel is appropriate. Then everyone starts reminding me of social rules. Then I get information overload. Cats is the only thing I fully know how to talk about. The other stuff is difficult. I have a hard time following social rules

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 8:35 am

Ilikemusic wrote:
I talk about cats, anytime that I feel is appropriate. Then everyone starts reminding me of social rules. Then I get information overload. Cats is the only thing I fully know how to talk about. The other stuff is difficult. I have a hard time following social rules

If people keep getting mad then it's highly likely that the moments you think are appropriate actually aren't so. I get it that learning the rules is hard, but if you want to lead a proper adult life someday it'll be very difficult if you don't at least know the basics. You also need to learn to talk about other stuff 'cause otherwise it can seem like you don't even care about others and what they have to say.

Also, you say you can talk about cats, but can you discuss about them? As in not just tell people what you know, but to actually exchange opinions and information about cat related stuff? 'Cause that is communication while the former is just lecturing.

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2018, 9:20 am

Oh, I did not know any of that stuff. Im terrible at talking. Im 18. Its very very difficult. I have a bad attention span

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 5:21 pm

This thread is a duplicate of the same in another forum in breach of the cross posting rule.