Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 6:53 pm

I feel like women, atleast in my area, hate me. Whenever I try to reach out to make friends with females, I am either met with a scowl or an uninterested look. If I make a mistake or do something the "circle" of women at work have a double standard with, I am harshy criticized. My ex-female friends would judge me harshly but if I said anything back, they were ready to kill me. Do these women really hate me or is it just depression coloring my world?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 7:02 pm

It just might be depression coloring your world.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 7:28 pm

how does the man treat you?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 8:09 pm

Marknis wrote:
I feel like women, atleast in my area, hate me. Whenever I try to reach out to make friends with females, I am either met with a scowl or an uninterested look. If I make a mistake or do something the "circle" of women at work have a double standard with, I am harshy criticized. My ex-female friends would judge me harshly but if I said anything back, they were ready to kill me. Do these women really hate me or is it just depression coloring my world?

When people are in a bad place mentally they tend to be more sensitive to negativity and tend to interpret things in a negative manner rather than a positive one. I suppose it's a survival mechanism. If you are vulnerable it pays to be more cautious.

If your interpretations are correct though, I would ask, is there a way that you come across to the other person that might evoke such negative reactions? You mentioned you are shy. Shy people are usually quiet and the unfortunate thing about that is that behavior mimic behavior found among many of those with anti social personality disorder who may be a danger to others, so others have an instinct to be wary of those who are unusually quiet and reserved with respect to cultural norms. Do you make eye contact? Do you greet people when it's socially appropriate to do so, and if so, how do you do it? During these interactions with women, do you say anything? In some parts, a woman might be wary of a man if she catches him looking at her but a friendly smile and cheerful "Hello" can often put her more at ease.

If you are a nice person, people have no way of knowing that unless you communicate it, and the best way to communicate it is to be a friendly person, and it's actually fairly straight forward to be a friendly person in American society because we are fairly direct with our friendliness.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 1:43 pm

I'm inclined to believe women don't hate you. Your depression might just be leading you to believe that way.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 1:58 pm

I was really hoping there would be a poll at the top of this thread.
Never mind!

They don't hate you, perhaps are just put off by your depressive outlook.
People are drawn to positive vibes.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2018, 4:07 pm

women dislike guys who are so called losers (weird, virgins, friendless, ugly).

its funny because guys do not dislike women who are losers.

i guess its biology .

i am gonna get called women hater for just saying the truth lol .

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 2:16 pm

Apparently the OP is very disfigured (he said so in another thread). But if we have any advice of empathy for him, he gets all offended so there's not much we can do to help him.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 5:16 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Apparently the OP is very disfigured (he said so in another thread). But if we have any advice of empathy for him, he gets all offended so there's not much we can do to help him.

I never said I was disfigured. I don't know where you got that idea.

I don't get offended by empathy. I get offended by wrongful assumptions about myself such as being a rich kid just because my parents are doctors.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 6:22 pm

Marknis wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I don't get offended by empathy. I get offended by wrongful assumptions about myself such as being a rich kid just because my parents are doctors.

Oops, I got you confused with another member. Please accept my apologies. :oops:

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 6:40 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Oops, I got you confused with another member. Please accept my apologies. :oops:

Joe was on about Jamesy.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 6:42 pm

Mark is not “disfigured” in any way. I’ve seen pictures of him.

Joe just made an honest mistake. She's a good person. Please don't be upset with her.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2018, 5:43 am

I wasn't talking about Jamesy either. I was talking about a serious self-loafer here.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2018, 5:54 am

Sly isn’t disfigured, either.

He’s a self-loather, not a self-loafer :D

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2018, 6:56 am

Just to clear up the confusion, white_as_snow is the member you are thinking of. He's here in this thread. I don't mean to point fingers, just clarifying :)

bobaspie2015
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2018, 7:23 am

Marknis wrote:
I feel like women, at least in my area, hate me.
My ex-female friends would judge me harshly but if I said anything back, they were ready to kill me. Do these women really hate me or is it just depression coloring my world?

Dear Marknis,
Women do not hate you .... it is only your mind thought. Then again I do not know about the women who you are referring to.
I know for a fact ... my youngest brother does hate me because of his spoken words toward me.
Am I offended by his attitude toward me? Am I going to put my life on hold because of his attitude?
No way .... not now nor in the future.
It is his problem and nothing to do with me.