I can't keep female neurotypical friends

Page 4 of 15 [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 8:30 am

Cornflake wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Another day on WP, another post by TP accusing men of mansplaining.

:lol: :joker:
Easily avoided - stop posting generalised sexist nonsense explaining what women do or feel, and especially don't be surprised when a woman puts you straight.

Haha, it was Cyberdad she accused of mansplaining.

Thank you for jumping the gun however.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 8:35 am

Cyberdad wasn’t the sole person engaging in such behavior in this thread. Others appear to have agreed with his viewpoint, refused to see sexism for what it was, and called out those who had a problem with the generalizations/mansplaining instead.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 8:38 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Cyberdad wasn’t the sole person engaging in such behavior in this thread. Others appear to have agreed with his viewpoint and called out those who had a problem with the behavior instead.

I think it is important to realise that not everyone is going to share your viewpoints, or agree even whether something would be classed as sexism.

You are a social justice warrior as your signature decrees. I think SJW's comprise of something like <10% of the population, so maybe that has something to do with your seemingly unforgiving attitude towards men and their perceived sexism.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 8:42 am

Like I said before, there are several men on WP who I like, respect, and admire, including some whose support meant a lot to me over the past year. I don’t have an unforgiving attitude towards men. I have a problem with sexism and other forms of bigotry.

People can disagree with me and the moderators, but they still need to follow the rules here.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 05 Mar 2024, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 8:45 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Like I said before, there are several men on WP who I like, respect, and admire - men whose support meant a lot to me over the past year. I don’t have an unforgiving attitude towards men. I have a problem with sexism and other forms of bigotry.

People can disagree with me and the moderators, but they still need to follow the rules here.

Okay then, TP.

You can have the last word, as always.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 8:49 am

You can’t say that someone has an unforgiving attitude towards men and not expect them to respond to it, especially when, as in this case, it’s not true. There are a couple of men I won’t forgive, but they aren’t on WP.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 05 Mar 2024, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 8:50 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
You can’t say that someone has an unforgiving attitude towards men and not expect them to respond to it, especially when, as in this case, it’s not true.

Okay, I hear you.

I accept you have your viewpoint. I am trying to be respectful and bring an end to the argument.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 8:52 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
I think it is important to realise that not everyone is going to share your viewpoints, or agree even whether something would be classed as sexism.

Cyberdad literally used the word 'female'. He said females become more narcissistic the more attractive they are.

Sexism is prejudice based on sex or gender.

It's an objectively sexist statement.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

06 Mar 2024, 6:28 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
It's a definition easily found - here's a simple one for you -

noun: sexism
  prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.
  "sexism in language is an offensive reminder of the way the culture sees women"

Quote:
You are a social justice warrior as your signature decrees. I think SJW's comprise of something like <10% of the population, so maybe that has something to do with your seemingly unforgiving attitude towards men and their perceived sexism.
And there you go again - "othering" and accusing a woman of being unforgiving for pointing out another tiresome example of casual sexism.
Your accusation of "perceived sexism" is just another way of saying "I'm unaware I'm doing it, and I'm going to object when it's pointed out".

Niacin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Mar 2024, 7:00 am

Cornflake wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
It's a definition easily found - here's a simple one for you -

noun: sexism
  prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.
  "sexism in language is an offensive reminder of the way the culture sees women"

Quote:
And there you go again - "othering" and accusing a woman of being unforgiving for pointing out another tiresome example of casual sexism.
Your accusation of "perceived sexism" is just another way of saying "I'm unaware I'm doing it, and I'm going to object when it's pointed out".

With all due respect I think you're completely wrong here, as are most people using isms words unironically. I will be addressing this in a separate thread in Random Discussion since it's such an important topic it warrants one.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

06 Mar 2024, 7:07 am

Yep, go ahead - as long as it doesn't become justifications for permitting sexism.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2024, 7:48 am

Cornflake wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

“Othering” which, in this context, is a form of sexism does appear to be at work, especially considering the fact that male members weren’t said to have an “unforgiving attitude towards men” when they agreed that sexist posts were sexist.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 06 Mar 2024, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

06 Mar 2024, 8:02 am

^ Ding-ding-ding-ding!

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2024, 9:41 am

Just for some context to this thread, in the event my quotes need repeating at all? >

I said the following in two different posts, directed at TwilightPrincess:

blitzkrieg wrote:
You seem like a knowledgeable, intelligent person. I agree that you don't need to be told anything necessarily.

blitzkrieg wrote:
With regards to Cyberdad's comment, he simply stated his belief that more attractive women can be more narcissistic. I don't really see how that demeans the average woman, or insinuates a sexist belief that women are not people or that they aren't as intelligent as men or that they are in any way inferior.

I'm not sure, with the above context in mind, how I ended up being attacked for posting "generalised, sexist nonsense" in this particular thread, especially since my comments, supposedly agreeing with sexism, were made in response to someone else and not initiated by myself, which would surely make them less offensive for anyone feeling inclined toward that kind of mindset?

In addition to that, I think it is notable to comment, that mentioning a specific subset of women in cyberdad's comment for example, and noting a trait or characteristic or trend that can or may occur in women (or men), is not necessarily the same as sexism.

For example, the following statements would not be sexist, merely observations of some truth that exists:

"More men are rapists than women" or "men are more likely to commit violent crimes than women".

They above might be generalized comments and might discriminate against men, but they are also true! :lol:

As far as I am concerned, there is a culture of women, particularly on social media, as cyberdad briefly alluded to, where there are attractive women who seem narcissistic. That has truth, also, and that truth changes what could be perceived as sexism, into something that is simply an observation of reality, from a particular angle, in and of itself.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2024, 9:51 am

It IS sexist to state:

cyberdad wrote:
I find with NT females communication becomes harder the younger and more attractive they are, the more narcissistic they become. Its a just a fact of life.

I read somewhere that young highly attractive females have self-awareness that when they step in public they automatically have a celebrity status. In their mind, every herero-cis man desires them, every female envies them.

It would not be sexist to say that the highly attractive population is more narcissistic. Whether true or not, it wouldn’t be sexist.

However, as has already been discussed, that was by no means the sole sexist comment that was posted in this thread by cyberdad or someone else.
blitzkrieg wrote:
"More men are rapists than women" or "men are more likely to commit violent crimes than women"

They above might be generalized comments and might discriminate against men, but they are also true!

As far as I am concerned, there is a culture of women, particularly on social media, as cyberdad briefly alluded to, where there are attractive women who seem narcissistic. That has truth, also, and that truth changes what could be perceived as sexism, into something that is simply an observation of reality, from a particular angle, in and of itself.

Objective, verifiable proof demonstrates that men rape more than women. Objective evidence does not prove that attractive, young women are more narcissistic so that’s a false analogy. Claiming that the attractive, young female population is more narcissistic is a sexist statement based on anecdotal evidence, confirmation bias, and insufficient information, not objective proof. The reality is that it’s impossible to know if someone is narcissistic if we don’t know them personally. Many attractive young women don’t post lots of pictures of themselves either, just a subset of them do. While cyberdad did allude to women who post on social media, his comments were about highly attractive, young women in general.

Associating stuff like “a culture of women” and “narcissistic” together is problematic as well. It’s “sexist nonsense explaining what women do or feel.” Mansplaining.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 06 Mar 2024, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2024, 10:35 am

Redacted.

Last edited by blitzkrieg on 06 Mar 2024, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.