Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2020, 5:58 pm

As Recent news is showing alot of companies are now leaning toward going digital. that is we are now seeing companies putting there wares online and in some of the cases digital only. some shops are no longer going to be Brick and mortar shops, rather being a retailer only online.

This means A neurodiverse person who would normally have issues inside of a Mall, Grocery store, boutiue can now shop for that onine. Essentailly they can order a new pair of Rebox and there toquittos at the same time.

the other cool thing is a Neurodiverse Proprietor, seller, creator, as in a
Seamstress/ tailor, Teacher (dance, cooking, literary, philosopical etc), writer, Porpietor of a store, etc.
Can sell there wares and with less fear of socializing, Sales pitch, or such
not that you can't do it now but as its going to become a more normal thing.

Whats your opinions folks on this ?

"Im search of answers, new marvels, and new questions to ask."

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 6:21 pm

I have bought most of my clothes online for years. First I started buying stuff on ebay from sellers who measured their clothes. Then I figured out how to buy clothes based on online reviews. Sellers leave up unfavorable reviews about fit because that reduces the costly returns.

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 7:11 pm

I can't shop online unless it's something I've seen or purchased before, I just can't! I need to see everything I buy, and I know it doesn't make sense but I can't help it.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 7:18 pm

You would think I could easily buy a large bag of cat food and a bag of sugar from Target. Seems they have separate delivery services for food and everything else! And sugar counts as food but cat food falls into everything else. Or something like that.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 3:55 am

I love belko61 wrote:
I can't shop online unless it's something I've seen or purchased before, I just can't! I need to see everything I buy, and I know it doesn't make sense but I can't help it.

I'm pretty much the same unless I'm very convinced that I'll only be able to get it online (applies mostly to some stuff I collect, books and stuff I buy as presents.) I definitely couldn't buy clothes online; the sizes don't always match and even if they do, they could always trigger sensory issues for me. Plus, returning stuff by mail would be a hassle.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 7:43 am

Instacart is hiring shoppers

Some people can deliver groceries by bike, but I am not some people.

Otherwise professional shoppers need cars and iPhone

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 4:17 pm

I've always found getting stuff delivered turns into a huge ridiculous drama. I live alone, I have a job, I need to leave the house. With anything that dosn't fit through the letterbox, I have had to deal with, let's see:

Waiting in for hours for timed deliveries that never ever come, then having to pay for a taxi to get to work on time.
Lost couriers from fly-by-night delivery companies leaving increasingly panicked phone messages.
Neighbours outright stealing my mail.
Long trips to a sorting office in the middle of nowhere, on foot, in foul weather.
Long battles with customer service divisions set up expressly to avoid admitting responsibility.
Knocking on every door in the street to find out where my parcel has ended up.
Giving up because I have no sensible way to retrieve my package from a courier's office in another city.

...as a peron who does not deal with sudden setbacks at all well. For "punching holes in furniture" values of not well. And that's leaving out the stress of using some of these websites! That's a whole other rant.

Given the chance, I vastly prefer just going to a shop, buying the thing, and coming home. This is not always stress-free, especially as some things (such as the last computer I bought) I can only get from a retail park at the far end of a very long, crowded bus route. Still, I deal with the stress of getting stuff from a concrete location in a limited time span better than I deal with the wrestling-octopuses-in-limbo-for-all-eternity situations that arise all the time from shopping online. I've been watching the death of the high street with utter horror.

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 5:46 pm

I love belko61 wrote:

I do usually buy my software and electronics online after researching tech, and reading reviews (cnet, previous purchasers of same item). So much more selection and better price points! I rarely trust a salesperson's opinion with tech because I can't tell who is honest and who isn't. I want spec sheets and design.