Page 3 of 75 [ 1196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 75  Next

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2005, 1:31 pm

Norway! My ancestors are Norwegian(last name is Trygstad). I would love to talk to ya some more. I do a lot better one on one with people as well. I would not be annoyed if ya wanted to PM me or even email if ya want. The more friends the better, eh?
A

MelissaEM
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2005, 4:40 pm

Hi, I'm Melissa, and I'm 19 (I'll be 20 this coming June). I'm in my second year of college with no specific major. I'm obsessed with cartoons and their every aspect, from the art styles, to the voice acting. I love to draw cartoons, too, and I hope to improve my skills. I have even thought of doing voice acting; I'm a pretty good actress, and I love the idea of bringing life to a character. I also love writing fiction, especially fan fiction because I often have trouble coming up with original ideas, but I have hopes that I'll overcome that and become a childrens' author someday. I like to read children's books and watch animated films-- I have no interest in "adult stuff" as it often gets repetitive for me; I can make exceptions for high-quality movies or books, so I'm not a total baby! :wink: It is not unusual for me to be highly critical of the things I look at, even if it is "kid stuff."
So anyway... I'm from Queens, New York, USA. I live with my mom and stepdad, and our Miniature Schnauzer, Jack. I'm usually very quiet, but when I get comfortable, I won't shut up. :wink: I hope this wasn't very long... tah!

jmatucd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2005, 8:16 pm

I'm 20 and I don't get along with others. The usual aspie crap compounded with several unfortunate issues I must deal with daily. Can't make eye contact. Curious thing is, when I was in middle school I would stare down my teachers and everyone else... endless eye contact, to the point of frightening them (or so I percieved). I made a conscious choice to stop making eye contact of that sort in high school.

Last edited by jmatucd on 02 Sep 2005, 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

none
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2005, 3:08 pm

alternate name: none.
My inborn inclination, subsidized by life, is to avoid social situations.
I am a recently diagnosed Aspie.
I'm not sure if even the "Wrong Planet" is the right planet for me.
I write, play both electric and acoustic 6 and 12 string guitars, enjoy computers. Electronic components and machine language make perfect sense to me in a world ouside my door which doesn't.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2005, 10:58 pm

Well, I am 23/female/undx AS/St. Louis. I am not a computer nut but my father totally was, and now that I look back, he was VERY Aspergian (good term I agree). He worked for Boeing as an Engineer and had his degrees in Math and Physics.

As for me, I have taken to computers of late but am no expert. I thoroughly enjoy the hard sciences. However, I am also quite a bit of my creative mother as well, and so I enjoy poetry, art, and psychology (yes, the dreaded soft-science). But I redeem myself for being more taken with neuropsychology (which has more to do with the biology and actual workings of the brain and how that translates into behavior).

I am currently attending undergrad in St. Louis where I have lived all my life, and am double majoring in English and Psychology, officially minoring in German and unofficially in Art (since my uni only allows one minor). As you can probably also tell by this long list of majors and minors, I am in no hurry to get out of undergrad. I have every intention of continuing on to get a graduate degree, but I cannot decide as to which it would be in: English or Psychology. As I posted in the Writing section here, my translation professor really wants me to go to graduate school which offers translation in an MFA. But in St. Louis there are no such unis. :(

And I have no intention of moving. End of story.

So, here is a more compact list of my interests: Poetry, Psychology (neuropsychology especially), Art, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, paleoanthropology, calendars, dabbling in the hard sciences, spending time on the comp, collecting books (bibliomania), collecting EVERYTHING, restarting my collection of Garfield books, my 3 cats, my 2 mice, being anal about time and always having an accurate clock or watch in view, perseverating on tailgaiters and just reckless drivers in general, watching favorite movies over and over and over, stimming (in private hopefully), ordering my books and possessions, procrastinating on any form of cleaning my apartment (other than just ordering specific parts of it), and, finally, taking care of my shamrock plant-- the ONE plant I have owned that has not been either killed by my negligence or by my cats eating it.

Hmmm, that wasn't as compact as I thought it would be. Anyways, when I am nervous or anxious, I speak very little. BUT when I am comfortable and calm, I cannot shut up. (I talk to myself constantly, too, and have undoubtedly spoken to myself more in my lifetime than to anyone else.)

I usually am in #asperger in Starlink if anyone is interested in talking with me and my name is Sophist (big surprise I know) :)

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2005, 11:56 pm

My name is Ghosthunter(well! that's just a pen
name), and I turn 39 in Mid-October.

Things I like to do!

•collect ancient coins, medieval coins

and by the way....

SineWave
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

I lover that Roman coin picture.

•Collect Goldenage comics
30's to 61' era 10¢ covers.

•I have studied history by coin
studies and B-Side art referencing
to clues about ones history
or "history in our pocket change".
I so far have reviewed Roman coins
and Scottish, UK coins of the
medievel period.

•I enjoy Old-Time Radio and BBC
Modern Radio.

•I have studio wiccan, and alternative
pagan philosophies.

•I plan to return to school this year.

•Favorite movies:

1)...most 40's Black & White.
2)...6th Sense, The Others,
The uninvited, House on Haunted
Hill(w/V.Price), Gladiator,
Roadwarrior, Star Trek II-VI,
ect....

This should cover it for now.

Sincerely,
Ghosthunter

•I enjoy Melotronic era Rock-0pera
(68'-72'

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 10:20 am

Hey fiddler,
You like chess? how about a game! Its been a while since I've played, but I used to be pretty good. You'll have to go easy on me for a while.
There's aspie chess on the site, or since you're on yahoo we could do a yahoo match.
Just say yes, I look forward to being beaten by you. :)
For a while.
Danlo

Yinepuhotep

21 May 2005, 5:37 pm

You know, I always have trouble with these kinds of things...

43, male, anglo, writer, disabled (fibro, arthritis, CMP, MCS possible ME), just joined WP.net a couple days ago.

Member of the House of Netjer

Founder of the following Yahoo Groups: Battered Husbands Support, Monadnock Domsub, FSP Pagans, and BHS News

Into SF, Linux, anime, manga, libertarianism, coffee, tea, cooking, and a bunch of other stuff (varies depending on what caught my attention this time)

Favorite artists/composers/authors include: Alan Parsons, Led Zeppelin, L. Neil Smith, James P. Hogan, Yang the Nauseating, Cecilia Tan, Takeuchi Naoko, Miyazaki

Favorite TV shows: Firefly, SG-1, Babylon 5, Millenium, ST:TOS, DS9, Battlestar Galactica, Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon (plus R, S, SuperS, and Stars), Aa! Megamisama!, Ghost in the Shell, Azumanga Daioh, Cowboy Bebop, Silent Mobius, Tremors, Teen Titans

Favorite Movies: Serenity, Stargate, Big Trouble in Little China, Equilibrium, Aa! Megamisama! The Wall, Bubba Hotep, Bronco Billy, Honkeytonk Man, Vampire Hunter D, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Laputa, Mononoke Hime, Spirited Away, Ghost in the Shell, Tremors (1, 2, 3, and 4)

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2005, 11:42 pm

I am male, 22 (tomorrow), diagnosed AS and ASD, and ADD (anyone notice that those three letters the are the first 3 on the second line of letter of a QWERTY Keyboard?)

I'm an Australian, living in a city called Geelong, (about 75km south south west of Melbourne).

Any other info available upon asking :)

GA

YellowBird
Raven
Raven

27 Jul 2005, 8:17 pm

My name is Aaron. I'm 19 years old and live in Owatonna, Minnesota, USA. I was diagnosed with AS in 2003. I currently have a GED and am probably not going to go to any college or seek higher education. I only have a few friends and could use some more. I like computers, video games, music, taking care of my birds (I have 2 cockatiels), and some other stuff I can't think of right now. I joined WP yesterday and am enjoying my stay.

LB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2005, 12:48 pm

I am Lori. 38 years old, from oakland, ca. I have AS (maybe HFA - I still don't really understand the difference). I do web design and development. I try to run my own business, but I am not so good at the business end of business. I am working w/the dept. of rehab now. They will get me private instruction to fill in the gaps I have because of being self-taught, and then will help w/job placement.

I have recently been meeting other aspies in person, and it has been a really good experience. The online aspie world can be overwhelming, but this is the one site I try to keep up with it because I like the community here so much.

I also like computers (especially macs), martial arts, music, guitar, and hacky sack.

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 1:35 pm

Hi, I am Robert, aged 19, and live in the UK.

I am looking for female friends in the East of England, to exchange emails and maybe meet-up one day. My only other requirement is that you must be left-wing politically. I always end up argueing with right-wingers. 8)

If you are interested in any of the following then PM me:

1) Left-wing politics

2) Global poverty issues and anti-capitalism

3) Road networks :x

4) Discussing AS and other related conditions

N.B. I don't mind if you don't live in the East of England, just England will do.
:star:
Robert :)

Hollywood

19 Aug 2005, 12:47 pm

Hey i'm mikey 22 years old living in perth Western Australia i'm orginally from the UK been out here in Aus for roughly two years, I was diagnosed with borderline Aspegers [meaning i'm not full blown, only have a few traits] when i was 11. Pretty crap writing messages like these, so i won't bore you with anymore details. Anyway i'll be willing to chat to anyone. LTR

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2005, 9:10 pm

life_observer wrote:
I am a 23 yr. old male from Canada

Where in Canada? I'm in Vancouver most of the time but I get around.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2005, 1:12 pm

I'm Mike, 20 going on 21, from New Brunswick, NJ. I was diagnosed with AS at the age of 11, and since then I've come a long way in finding who I really am. I'm trying my best to embrace the world, make friends, and find my place in society, without losing my individuality.

I'm going into my fourth (should be last) year at Rutgers University. I'm majoring in Journalism and Media studies, with a focus on broadcasting. I currently do the news at my college's radio station, and I have plans to go into radio as a news man, DJ or announcer. I wouldn't mind - actually, scratch that, I'd love to be a TV announcer (especially on a game show), but I'm a bit camera-shy. Of course, as a backup in case the broadcasting thing doesn't work out, I'm planning to get a master's degree in library science.

Personality-wise, I'm definately quirky, but what else would you expect from one of our kind? I'm a little shy, a little goofy, some would say a little creepy, but I would hope that I wouldn't get that kind of reception here. My interests are eccentric to say the least - game shows, movie/TV studio logos, the soft drink industry, fire alarms, radio airplay charts, etc. Of course, I also love music - everything from modern alternative rock to showtunes to classical and even some good ol' pop.

So, if you want to get to know me more, feel free to IM me.

Grievous
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2005, 4:44 pm

Hi. I have some acquaintances, but really no true friends. :(