Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2008, 2:53 pm

We should stop saying NT.

In my eyes sense I joined this site and since I learned what NT was I realized something. It is yet another name for nothing.

Comparisons are what kill us Aspies. I realized that when I was placed in higher value amongst friends from a fight. I was true to Karl and refused to fight but from that gained a lot of insight. My friends chose me over him (our other mutual friend). When my friends searched me out they told me I needed to realize and understand that they(other friends) chose me not the friend who attacked me. It was a big thing. Realizing the only difference between "NT" and "AS" is a way of thinking?

NT is nothing special. Neither is the "alpha" male. Truly an alpha male is the guy who is 100% accountable for everything he does. Nothing more. ass holes are just mimicking. And when you think about it mimicking is something we (AS nation) do best.

So take in what people do but stop the flawed thinking that it is the only way to do things. Truth is we are closer to individuality than "they" are. solely because we wish to find a way to become a part of "normal society".

So stop using NT. f**k labels. there are some who get it and those who do not. And there are some who are smart enough to seek out knowledge and those who are not. If you want it bad enough it will come but do not expect it to come easy ... how many hours do you think Hercules worked out a day to maintain his god strength? I guarantee you if he did not work out he'd turn into the fattest man in all of Athens ... god gave us a gift also and it is our job to harness it.

high functioning Autism. one of the greatest blessings of all. the talking savants.

Something to think about,

-Karl

Bunni
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2008, 3:14 pm

Personally unless a label gets something for you that you need, I don't believe in them much accept for comparison or identification.

Otherwise, AS is simply a different way of being, and if more people who did not have AS understood that, there would be far less ignorance.

That is my opinion and I speak for no one else :)

That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger, and really pisses me off.

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2008, 4:11 pm

Bunni wrote:
Personally unless a label gets something for you that you need, I don't believe in them much accept for comparison or identification.

Otherwise, AS is simply a different way of being, and if more people who did not have AS understood that, there would be far less ignorance.

That is my opinion and I speak for no one else :)

I agree. We should consider telling more people this fact. Because it applies to everything and everyone.