Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Dec 2008, 8:00 pm

What bothers me is when something happens that NEEDS to be fixed (IE: Constant fighting) and you step in and come up with logical blunt answers and someone says "Dude your taking it to serious chill!" I dont get it! I am very calm I dont understand why I have to take things that are very serious less serious! For example I was on another forum and these two kids were just flaming, well as you can guess the staff sat on there asses sipping tea blissfully pretending that nothing was happening, so I "stepped in" so to speak and told them "Guys just calm down we dont want to ruin this persons thread and the whole forum with your constant fighting" and someone else (Not one of the flamers) said "Dude chill you take things way to serious", I dont get why this person would say that if the next minute hes posting a thread about how the forum is being driven into hells gates by petty fights. I take a stance and disrupt the fighting and I get flamed but that same person flames about the forum being full of fights! Kind of contrary one might think eh...?.. This doesnt just happen on the interwebz either it happens in real life, I dont get why humans are so contrary and hypocritical at times.....

21 Dec 2008, 8:51 pm

Maybe because this is the internet so they can't hear your tone of voice so they assume you are mad or upset by their drama. Hard to tell how someone is feeling on the internet. Someone can act upset and you won't even know they are sitting behind the monitor with a big smile on their face and laughing as they type.

In real life, I dunno.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 9:59 pm

that's what the emoticons are supposed to be for, an imperfect solution at best.

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Dec 2008, 11:37 pm

pakled wrote:
that's what the emoticons are supposed to be for, an imperfect solution at best.

Yeah I use those but I still get the condescending ass who is like "ZOMG HYPOCRITE NOOB CALM THE f**k DOWN" then Im like "Im calm" (imagine a small voice) and there all like "ZOMG JESUS REPORTED HYPOCRITE". Its quite irritating.

22 Dec 2008, 1:38 am

They're stupid.

Firegirl531
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2009, 7:46 pm

Airborne wrote:
What bothers me is when something happens that NEEDS to be fixed (IE: Constant fighting) and you step in and come up with logical blunt answers and someone says "Dude your taking it to serious chill!" I dont get it! I am very calm I dont understand why I have to take things that are very serious less serious! For example I was on another forum and these two kids were just flaming, well as you can guess the staff sat on there asses sipping tea blissfully pretending that nothing was happening, so I "stepped in" so to speak and told them "Guys just calm down we dont want to ruin this persons thread and the whole forum with your constant fighting" and someone else (Not one of the flamers) said "Dude chill you take things way to serious", I dont get why this person would say that if the next minute hes posting a thread about how the forum is being driven into hells gates by petty fights. I take a stance and disrupt the fighting and I get flamed but that same person flames about the forum being full of fights! Kind of contrary one might think eh...?.. This doesnt just happen on the interwebz either it happens in real life, I dont get why humans are so contrary and hypocritical at times.....

^ This is what makes me want to avoid all of my female family members at times. If you are not insulted, don't speak in a loud, angry-sounding voice for God's sake.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 10:14 pm

Firegirl531 wrote:
Airborne wrote:

^ This is what makes me want to avoid all of my female family members at times. If you are not insulted, don't speak in a loud, angry-sounding voice for God's sake.

Haha! The loud/angry voice is my sisters way of asking questions, correcting people and explaining things to me. And she wonders why I am often hiding from her in my bedroom or telling my mum that I don't like her personality.

Sea_of_Saiyan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2009, 2:27 am

pensieve wrote:
Firegirl531 wrote:
Airborne wrote:

Haha! The loud/angry voice is my sisters way of asking questions, correcting people and explaining things to me. And she wonders why I am often hiding from her in my bedroom or telling my mum that I don't like her personality.

^Happens to me all the time

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2009, 10:36 pm

Firegirl531 wrote:
Airborne wrote:

Oh I dont speak in a loud angry voice. I am somewhat soft spoken, I guess its my use of words that just slice at people. I NEVER raise my voice unless necessary to impinge something in someones mind.