Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

tear
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2005, 7:51 am

Thursday and Friday were incredible. A friend, who I had mentioned on this board earlier, just did the greatest thing anyone has ever done for me.

Over the holiday break I had a lot of time to really think about my liofe and come to accept my AS. I finally had to admit to myself that no matter how hard I try (which was very hard) I wont be like everyone else and that I had to start being me a little more. When I got back to school she, my friend, wondered why I seemed diferent. I told her that it's probably because I am going to be me. Then came the the question "Who are you." She seemed very inquisitive about who I am, but unfortunately I really didnt know how to explain it to her. So i took a couple days to think about it and I wrote her a letter telling her and gave it to her at the end of school Thursday.

With this not only being my first ever doing anything like this and my already strong paranoia for rejection I was very nervous the rest of the day. Then on Friday she gave me a note back. It was very comforting knowing that she cared. To make things even better she left me her number and said to call if I ever wanted to talk (which I intend to do today).

Then to make things even better my best friend who had moed to California for college had come back for the weekend. I hadnt seen him in about a year. It was great. We hung out for a couple hours.

It looks like maybe my life is finally taking a turn for the better. I just hope I our talk on the phone tonight goes okay. Like many other people here I have a strong hate/fear of phones. Hopefully talking to her Ill be a little more comfortable than normal.

sparkplugloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2005, 9:05 am

It seems like great news.
I think that your friend was very smart and nice to ask you "Who are you ?".

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2005, 9:37 am

That is great news for you :D

Try not to stress too much about calling her (easier said than done I know), but from what you've said of her I'm sure she'll be understanding if you feel awkward on the phone.

Mel

tear
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2005, 9:32 pm

I just got off the phone with her a little while ago. It was hard but I did call her. I must have put the number and looked at it for half an hour before I did finally called her. It was great. I felt real comfortable talking with her. We talked for almost an hour. By far my longest in years. The next longest was probably with Papa Johns and I was on hold for almost ten minutes. I cant wait to see her tomorrrow.