My best friends are the best because...

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

BigSnoopy126
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2005, 10:53 pm

Srt of a free form topic that I had in mind before retiring, to maybe encourge any of you who might wonder if this kind of person is out there - they are.

Angela was underrated as a friend when I was a boy, but she was my best friend becasue when I was waling around talking to imaginary friends ont he playground and such in 1-2nd grade, she invited me to play with her and tookt he time to learn my made up words and silly songs, and played along with me. I knew but it never sank in that she was legally blind like me, though her problem wasn't as bad. I stil pray for her. I think I didn't think of her as a best friend so much b/c I didn't think boys and girls could be like that back then, though I knew we could grow one and be a couple someday. It wasn't to be though.

Bob was in school b/c we shared a common interest, video games and just playing together. Same with Mitch and Howard, we loved to do Abbott and Costello stuff and got so into it you'd have thought we really knew people named Who, What, I Don't Know, etc.

Sander in college becasue he put up with my odd little quirks, he still befriended me even though I turned around in our first year seminar first day of orientationand said, "What a stupid question." He thought I was rude but gave me another chance and we had great times laughing together. Stil do ont he phone quite a bit every few weeks.

Rick, Don, etc., because we love sports, bad bpuns, crazy jokes, and just being silly, Most of all, we're all Christians, and I can sense the love they have for me. I've actually told Don I may have AS. Haven't told anyone else yet. But, you can sense that Spirit of love and unity in us.

Why are your best friends your best friends?

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 1:14 pm

My friend Nate(NT) always returns my phone calls, takes time outta his day to go eat lunch with me and does his best to understand me. His other friends started acting the same way towards me and i realised that iam truly blessed.
A