Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2005, 9:34 pm

I LOVE THE BEATLES!!

Ghonx
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Aug 2014, 4:53 pm

I'm about the only person in my local area who appreciate the Beatles! Most people have heard of hey jude and the like, but i can listen to an album like abbey road or sgt pepper over and over. If i had to pick a favorite song, it would have to be Long, long, long off the white album, its a great song to chill to.

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2014, 2:07 am

car_crash wrote:
oasis are good. or should i say were good. :)

anyway. whats everyones fav beatles album?

Anyone doubting how good The Beatles were should read what their contemporary pop/rock bands said about them with the releases of Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sargent Peppers and Abbey Road. Basically blowing everything else out of the water. For most pop bands it was back to square one in a pre-Beatles post-Beatles world.

Parade
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Aug 2014, 3:20 pm

The Beatles are undoubtedly my favourite band of all time (as well as my favourite contributors to popular music.)

John Lennon and Paul McCartney were artistic geniuses, if you ask me. The two seemed to balance each other out (Paul was more musically talented, whereas John was more lyrically talented.) George, despite him not being completely at the same level as Lennon-McCartney, produced two of The Beatles' greatest songs with 'Something' and 'Here Comes The Sun' (a lot of his other stuff is brilliant too e.g. I Need You, Taxman, Within You Without You etc.) And Ringo ... well Octopus's Garden is good enough, I suppose.

My favourite Beatles albums, in order, would have to be:

1. Rubber Soul
2. Abbey Road
3. Help

Favourite John Song: 'Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)'
Favourite Paul Song: 'Yesterday' (though I think 'Hey Jude' is, musically, his best.)
Favourite George Song: 'Something'
Favourite Ringo Song: 'Octopus's Garden' (though I think the song he wrote with Lennon and McCartney on Rubber Soul, 'What Goes On,' is very good too.)

Mel wrote:
Personally I think the Beatles were/are the most over-rated pop group of all time.

I hate the fallacy that The Beatles were/are overrated. The Beatles were innovative, artistically sincere and produced works that far surpass the mostly superficial rock/pop music of their time (and thereafter for that matter.) They deserve all the praise they have received.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 12:51 am

So someone necro'd a thread from ten years ago?

Anyway... The Beatles. I think I remember them.

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 7:39 am

I cover I Feel Fine, Help!, Ticket to Ride, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, and Blackbird at some of my shows but can play a few other songs of theirs too. Here is a video from a couple of years ago where I play Help! while ridng a bicycle inside a middle school gymnasium. Just in the past year (after this video was filmed) I learned how to play it even closer to the original version than the way I play it in this video. At the end of this video I do some improvising based on the song.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIrTjcHCNOc[/youtube]

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 7:49 am

You're cool! :)

PopMan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Aug 2014, 7:00 pm

I sure love them. There may be a handful acts out there that I appreciate even more but The Beatles had a very important part in pop history that can never be denied.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 7:32 pm

i don't listen to them, but my 4th grade teacher and my 8th grade English teacher loved them. especially the last one, Mr. Shelton, he has posters covering every space in his wall, plays their music in class and sometimes even worked the band members into his projects.
my 4th grade teacher however gave the entire class a scaled-down CD copy of their '1" album, and i still have it. somewhere.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.