2. yes but only part time. 19%  19%  [ 21 ]
3. no. 43%  43%  [ 47 ]
Total votes : 110

GreyThorn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Apr 2010, 2:41 am

oops double post

Last edited by GreyThorn on 09 Apr 2010, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2010, 10:32 pm

I just got laid off today. So nope, not employed. So awesome.

RichardP
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Apr 2010, 2:40 am

I was marginally self employed from 1988 to 2003 teaching about the history of massage and its clinical applications to chronic pain, but that work dried up soon after 911, and almost all of my other jobs were contract positions through agencies or my own efforts at finding work. My last job was working as a nurse at the home where people were dying through a hospice and a nurse staffing agency, but they repeatedly told me that patients, family members, colleagues, and hospice staff said there was something weird about me that they couldn't specify but they uncomfortable with me and didn't want me to care for them and this I was blackballed from hospice work and agency nursing work in central Florida. As they always say in Florida when they hire you for any kind of job, "We can fire you at any time for any reason and we don't have to tell you why?" It took Herculean effort to get it out of my agency and hospice why they wanted me gone. Not that it helps any.

"The purpose of the physician is to entertain the patient whilst the disease runs its inevitable course." -Voltaire

Autism-Spectrum Quotient (AT) Test: 46

Broad Autism Phenotype Test: 132 aloof, 114 rigid, 99 pragmatic

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2010, 6:52 pm

I work part time, and because of the economy, I'm lucky if I work 6 hours a week, but have been working 3 hours a week at the very least.

JCpatriots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Apr 2010, 5:23 am

I am currently unemployed, and still looking around everywhere for a job. There aren't any around...

theimperiousdork
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 5:41 am

I work full-time as a customer-service representative in a call center. Unlikely work for someone like me, but surprisingly, I lasted eight months, and going at nine months. Plans to stay until I find a better opportunity.

While at it, I work freelance as a multimedia designer.

dtoxic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Apr 2010, 7:04 pm

I hate being employed, and am not currently.
Sucks being broke though.
I have no real aversion to work - I play so hard at my "hobbies" that they are like a full-time job. I just hate doing other people's tasks, especially on their schedule.

Kurisutiin_Suwein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2010, 8:38 am

I've been unemployed for over a year. The trouble is that entry-level jobs where I live require about three years of prior experience and I can't travel anywhere near far enough to access a job that might have lower experience requirements.

For a long time I was also encumbered by a previous employer who acted ...strangely... towards me and was more concerned about getting rid of staff with the minimum PR hit than actually doing what it was supposedly meant to be doing. However I've since had a successful three-month work experience stint at a place which is happy to give a good reference.

Glenn_AU
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2010, 5:13 am

I'm fully employed handling information for an energy multinational. On my w/ends I run my own company (finance), and with my spare time (which there is a surprisingly large amount of) I write and illustrate books.

I think being non-neurotypical is rather awesome.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 9:01 pm

Not currently, but I have been able to maintain full-time employment. I was employed 5 years for a local government.

I am very actively seeking work right now.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!