Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 8:37 pm

My family is experiencing a lot of problems right now. My Mom is really sick. She might have Gallstones. She's been going through tests to see what she has. She told my Dad not to tell my Aunt that she's sick, because my Aunt's both sick and crippled, but she'd insist on helping, when she's not physically able to do so. My Dad told my Aunt, anyways. My Aunt phoned a couple of nights ago, grilling my Mom with questions about her sickness and Tests. My Mom gave her answers and explained to her that she wouldn't be able to help. My Aunt snapped at my Mom and told her that our Dog is spoiled, because she was angry and she wanted to say something nasty. I think my Aunt's jealous, because she doesn't have a Dog of her own to take care of, and she's never kept any of her Dogs for more than two years, because they all had problems that she couldn't handle.

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 9:03 pm

Nice(not!) phone manner. What is
your Aunt like in a face to face
visit? Scarry? Beyond Scarry?
Hmmm?

I never had a relative like that, but
it sounds gastly.

From,
Ghosthunter

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 11:57 pm

All families have their problems. Your aunt might be upset that your mum didn't tell her that she was sick. It seems odd to me that she would snap just because she is jealous that you have a dog. It could possibly be some other issue. I've noticed that a lot of people will sort of create problems or bring up something unimportant instead of having to address a real issue. That's the way I see it at least.

Just make sure you stay out of their fight. If you get involved you could end up in an awkward position.

Be really nice to your mum right now. Gallstones are horrible. My mum got them several years ago. She said it hurts more than childbirth. Mum got her gallbladder removed and the doctors let her keep the stones in a jar. Creepy (but they were pretty cool).

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2005, 12:12 am

My husband had his gall bladder removed years ago because of gall stones. Now that kind of surgery is a piece of cake,they do a loperoscopy (oh I spelled that wrong) and then a lazer. It's quick with the recovery so your mom will be fine. Not the 6 weeks recovery it use to be. Right now your mom is in terrible pain I bet. Oh gosh I remember, I'm like "enough with the test already, get rid of it." Your aunt probably feels very useless and helpless, but it's not right that she would be taking that out on your family, expecally at this time. Maybe you guys could give her something that would make her feel more useful, like have her be the one who makes the phone calls to everybody after your mom's surgery so you won't have to. And by the way, my dogs are spoiled. SO THERE!! !! All dogs should be. Your Aunt sounds very trying, but she's family so what are you gonna do? I'm sure if she pushes to hard your dad will deal with her, your mom shouldn't have to at this time. Good luck, I'll keep your family in my prayers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2005, 12:00 am

After my Aunt goes on about something, she does bring up another topic when she gets nervous about talking about the topic that she originally brings up. I was that way with my Highschool Councilors. I would talk about not fitting in, and than I would change the topic to something unrelated, about five times, because I didn't want to get to the bottom of the issue.