Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

r_a_n_d_o_m
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2011, 4:28 am

why is it that me (straight man) has deep feeling of what i can assume as love for her(lesbian female)

TB
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 10:03 am

because she is attractive to you ?, its not uncommon that people fall for others who have a different sexual orientation.
sure it might be influenced on some level by her being lesbian but that would only be speculating. Lesbian females wouldnt be albe to tell why you love her as much as any other person.

r_a_n_d_o_m
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2011, 2:10 pm

its not even a lust thing thats why its wierd, i know she is gay and would want nothing to do with me romanticly but i still feel that way

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Feb 2011, 2:45 pm

It may be because you feel an emotional connection to her or because she's nice to you. I tend to be attracted to lesbians without realizing that they are gay. They are more relatable, nicer & more accepting of me than straight women for some rezone

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 7:12 pm

Could it be that the interaction is more straightforward/straight-up (no pun intended)? IOW, that there is less standard gender-role/straight-male-female 'play acting' going on? -- That stuff often feels to me like a barrier to more authentic interaction.

(And, of course, it is possible to care for/about someone without lusting for them. Personally, I didn't figure that out until I was about 30, but have no doubts about it now.)

r_a_n_d_o_m
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2011, 6:55 am

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
Could it be that the interaction is more straightforward/straight-up (no pun intended)? IOW, that there is less standard gender-role/straight-male-female 'play acting' going on? -- That stuff often feels to me like a barrier to more authentic interaction.

(And, of course, it is possible to care for/about someone without lusting for them. Personally, I didn't figure that out until I was about 30, but have no doubts about it now.)

i think this is most likely the case

creature1001
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Feb 2011, 12:52 pm

The two dearest friends I have ever had in my life were male, and both ended up falling in love with me. I didn't realize at the time I was lesbian, I only understood that I could not reciprocate.

Must be the 'chill' factor that is so more unusual in straight women. The ability to hang, be one of the boys, etc, without the grief or baggage that is so typical of straight women. No offense to straight women.

I am only speculating, as you haven't mentioned any personality features of this woman.

Butterflies
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2011, 10:49 pm

I'm not really sure that it's any different to anybody falling in love with somebody that they know will never reciprocate their feelings.

I know I have had strong feelings for girls who I know are straight.

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 10:18 pm

Sometimes we just fall for the person who is underneath the sex (or orientation.)

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 11:20 am

I'm not certain why, but it's been my luck lately that the people I've found myself attracted to are lesbian females, straight males, or already taken.