Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Jeffrey228
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2011, 12:07 am

I know recently someone has already not wanted to be my friend outside of the internet about an hour ago in the event I have too much Paranoia and Personality problems, has there been problems with NTs and those with other minor disorders having issues getting along with those who have Autism, due to the fact that Paranoia, Negativity, Personality, and Depression issues are top problems that seem to make Autism disliked in real life, and even for females with those like ADD or ADHD as well as NTs with no disorders, they see this as a top problem they don't want to be near with.

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 3:57 am

There's no need to overthink the problem. Autistics make normals feel uncomfortable. That's the way it is.

Because there are more of them than there are of us, it's our fault. That it takes adjustment on the NT side to reduce the problem makes it worse.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:12 am

I am meeting in the middle with my parents when it comes to our interactions. That sort of method relieves all the stress.

AlanTuring
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2011, 9:33 am

We can be fairly high-maintenance as friends. No blame - that's just the way it is.

Friends who have stuck with me through the years have apparently found more than enough good stuff in me to carry us over my dark times and social awkwardness.

I went through a phase where I desperately needed to make friends, and I was successful, but many of those friendships did not stand the test of time, and I let them fade.

I have a few people whom I count as very good friends, and being in their lives and having them in mine makes me happy.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 9:46 am

AlanTuring wrote:
We can be fairly high-maintenance as friends. No blame - that's just the way it is.

Friends who have stuck with me through the years have apparently found more than enough good stuff in me to carry us over my dark times and social awkwardness.

I went through a phase where I desperately needed to make friends, and I was successful, but many of those friendships did not stand the test of time, and I let them fade.

I have a few people whom I count as very good friends, and being in their lives and having them in mine makes me happy.

I think our impression of friends is the same. Friends should be a utility, not a statement. No point being around people you don't have strong connections with. Same with NTs, same with us. Using each other to travel the long road of life is why Humans manage to get to the end at all, as company, as assets, in order to share the load. People who use friendships as a statement, even Standard Humans, don't last.

AlanTuring
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2011, 9:58 am

I have always strongly preferred substance over form.

I hate the idea of networking.

I can't stand social networking sites, where the idea of 'friend' is trivialized past the point of becoming insulting.

(no, for some reason, I don't regard this forum as a social networking site)

I dislike the idea of celebrity and don't have friends to up my image or to wear as decoration.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 11:58 am

AlanTuring wrote:
I have always strongly preferred substance over form.

I hate the idea of networking.

I can't stand social networking sites, where the idea of 'friend' is trivialized past the point of becoming insulting.

(no, for some reason, I don't regard this forum as a social networking site)

I dislike the idea of celebrity and don't have friends to up my image or to wear as decoration.
Welcome to the world of real relationships, imagination and integrity. Its power exponentially increases as its population increases.

graywyvern
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 10:19 am

peterd wrote:
...Autistics make normals feel uncomfortable. That's the way it is.

Because there are more of them than there are of us, it's our fault. That it takes adjustment on the NT side to reduce the problem makes it worse.

after reading a lot of back & forth between the usual suspects (which bores me so much i am trying to avoid reading certain posters) i find this a breath of fresh air...

reasoning." --William Blake

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 3:42 pm

graywyvern wrote:
peterd wrote:
...Autistics make normals feel uncomfortable. That's the way it is.

after reading a lot of back & forth between the usual suspects (which bores me so much i am trying to avoid reading certain posters) i find this a breath of fresh air...

Back and forth? Is this a reference to me?

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 4:03 pm

From the NT side, I read about them.

For an Englishman to call someone a friend, he has to know the candidate for at least five years, perhaps ten. That is still iffy, best those you went to school with and know their life history.

From Eastern Europe, "Before you call someone friend, eat a bushel of salt with him."

Americans, instant friends and would call The Queen by her first name when meeting her.

I prefer enemies, they are consistant and dependable.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 4:31 pm

Inventor wrote:
From the NT side, I read about them.

For an Englishman to call someone a friend, he has to know the candidate for at least five years, perhaps ten. That is still iffy, best those you went to school with and know their life history.

From Eastern Europe, "Before you call someone friend, eat a bushel of salt with him."

Americans, instant friends and would call The Queen by her first name when meeting her.

I prefer enemies, they are consistant and dependable.

Enemies? Why would anyone want enemies? I don't want enemies. I don't hate my enemies, I hate that they are enemies. Wanting enemies is a weird thing to want. Then you could end up makign enemies with people and it's only your fault for making it that way because of some want for consistency.

Jeffrey228
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Sep 2011, 4:55 pm

Well this enemies issue is something that could result in why Aspies have to tell the truth and why they have a disorder, because in the long run, they want to know it as part of the "Personality" aspect of wanting to have a relationship or make friends, the fact is, that is just the way things are now that it seems there is an underground onslot against Autism/Aspergers.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 5:00 pm

Predictable. That is what I like about them.

A stranger is just an enemy you have not yet met.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 3:04 am

Inventor wrote:
Predictable. That is what I like about them.

A stranger is just an enemy you have not yet met.

So over six billion people you have not met yet are all just enemies in waiting. That sounds pathological. Do you ever donate to charity knowing that you'll be giving to people who you consider enemies that you haven't met yet.