How do guys with A.S. get dates & mates?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

28 May 2005, 9:24 pm

I'm sure that there'll be some guys who have A.S. that have learnt how to get dates and relationships with women? How have you guys managed to do it?

I must say, thanks to self-help books and psychology, that in the last year or so I've become a lot more "game". But non-socialness is still holding me back.

Do you have any suggestions, or things that have worked for any of you?

Thanks

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2005, 9:34 am

LOL

NYAspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2005, 1:59 pm

Badaboom, bong-ching! I'm here all week, try the chicken parmesan...

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2005, 2:07 am

NYAspie wrote:
Badaboom, bong-ching!

Hey that's waaaaaay too wrong. It goes:

BaDumn Tsch!

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2005, 3:05 am

big badaboom?

perhaps we should have a sticky (*cough* - sorry about that) about dating/relationship skills, as there is a plethora of posts on the subject, and it might be useful to keep them all on one bit. thoughts, people?

zof888
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 May 2005, 10:36 pm

I've found the easiest way for someone that is a non-social type is to find someone they have alot of contact with like at school or work and then just start droping hints even if she dosent notice, some of her friends might and tell her about them. And what i mean about hints could be constructive critisism such as i always use to tell this girl that i liked her hair up better then down, and just other small stuff like that and well if she dose it the next day then theres a chance that she likes you and did it for you as to make herself more appealing to you. Sure you can always just always ask a girl out but even if a girl likes you she may not like that speed of things, anyways getting to know each other before actually starting a relationship will lead to a better relationship and will also tell tell you if you will get along with this person or not. And being rejected is never a fun thing, so make it easier on yourself and take it slow and steady.

on another note,

I've truthfully never asked a girl out, the one time i was in a relationship it was because she asked me out and well i couldnt say no since for once someone took that much intrest in me but after 5 months of the only time in my life i actually felt loved and was happy just all around it turned sour since she decided that it was just too much for her to handle anymore. Just remember because of the non-socialness in your life it can become easy to get sucked into a relationship and become overbearing on the person that is actually giving you some emotional support and may well become overwelming to them.

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

31 May 2005, 1:01 am

NYAspie wrote:

I don't get it - and it's gnawing at my brain because I hear that every now and again.

You're gonna have to explain this now.

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jun 2005, 6:04 am

Gettin' back to the point...

Doesn't look like there's much hope right? Seeing as noone has really answered properly except zof888 yet he's only had one relationship and that sounded about as good as my only one also.

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2005, 10:08 am

There isn't too much hope, when it comes to this.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2005, 11:21 pm

We all have issues. I really can't give any advice that you haven't already heard before. For examples of what not to do or really specific advice, I'd suggest you read some of the threads I've started in the Romance Forum.

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2005, 10:26 am

Captain_Brain wrote:
NYAspie wrote:
I don't get it - and it's gnawing at my brain because I hear that every now and again. You're gonna have to explain this now.

It's a simulation of cheezy stand-up comedy and lounge singer shows in night clubs. The acts are hired to keep the customers coming back and spending money.
The onomatopoeia refers to the drummer (more common on TV shows like David Letterman) who accents the punch line so people know it's time to laugh. The "I'm here all week" line is shameless self-promotion, and "try the chicken" is simply product advertising for the host lounge or restaurant.

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2005, 1:05 pm

I suggest asking your friends out if you can. They will probably be more accepting off eccentricitys, but make it clear the first time around that it is non-romantic and see if it takes off from there.

Strangers expect much more of you than a friend.

Make friends with them first. (easier said than done. . .::groan::)