Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 2:43 pm

I have some sensory issues and clothing, such that I really(10x) do not like wearing bras. It is ok in the winter because I am petite and I generally wear several layers of clothes so that you cannot tell I am not wearing one (I am very cold sensitive but unusually heat tolerant). This is harder in the summer because in 110 degrees Fahrenheit even I only wear one under shirt and a tee shirt (and other people can tell if the shirt is not loose enough if I do not have on a bra). Is there any advise that other gals have about ways to cope or to get around wearing such frustrating underclothes?

Lyll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2012, 3:03 pm

I find bandeau bras and sports bras (Dancing stuff) more comfortable (check the cotton and bamboo ones, very soft).

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 3:11 pm

I'm the same, I can't stand normal bras. I buy specially made dance bras that have more support than a sports bra and are more comfortable, they're also almost always either 100% cotton or 100% linen which are the materials I tolerate best.

Maybe look into the local dance or sport stores?

AJ22
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Mar 2012, 3:55 pm

I never wore bars whenever I didn't have too.. but a found a kind that feels very comfortable for me!

they are seamless but do have a iron wire in them but you don;t feel it.. at least I don't

I don;t know if I may link to a photo to show which kind I really like as they are comfy..

.. alrighty on second hand.. I may not post links yet... :roll: I'm to new here :P If I may I can try to PM you.. see if I am allowed to drop links there?!

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2012, 6:38 pm

I have found that sports bras that just flatten my boobs out are the most comfortable and also they seem to make me stand out less in tight clothes.

Due to my sensory issues and extraordinary clumsiness, I can only seem to move comfortably in clothing that is tight enough to be like a second skin. Yoga and running clothes are great for this.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 6:58 pm

I also have some clothing issues. I can't stand 100% synthetics against my skin. With bras, that means cotton or cotton blend fabrics. I also hate the regular styles of bras, as they constantly ride up on me, so I am constantly having to tug them down again, and again, and again. My bras are all old and worn now, so I will be getting new ones soon, but I am thinking of getting long line bras to prevent the constant ride up aggravation. I think I would opt for front hook as well, so I can get those back support types. I never buy under wire bras, as those wires are extremely painful.

I also can't wear flip flops, as the thing that divides the big toe from the others shreds my skin. And I have to avoid foot gear with a stitched seam on the back, as those rub the skin off the back of my heels. I also wear my socks inside out, because the toe seams are less painful that way. I also have problems with clothing labels irritating my neck.

Decades before I had even heard of Autism/Asperger's, I compared myself to the girl in the fairy tale--"The Princess and the Pea", because of my skin sensitivities.

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 10:37 pm

I will try pay attention to what material the cloth is, as I prefer cotton shirts it would make sense that cotton bras would be a good idea. I do not like constricting clothes (which might be part of my bra issue), therefore sports bras are a nightmare for me (also because they ride up more than others). I might try a bandeau bra, and see if it will stay in place.

AJ22
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Mar 2012, 2:42 am

I also got with sports Bras with sports and I used to wear them as normal bras but I needed a bit more support than that.. But if you're petite that might work!

The seamless that are really comfy for me even though I can't stand any other normal bra..

[img][300:200]http://www.womenshealthmag.com/files/images/SS-0706-foreyes-bosombuddy.jpg[/img]
[img][300:200]http://img.alibaba.com/photo/50352733/Seamless_Bra.jpg[/img]
[img][300:200]http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/11874478/Seamless_Bra.jpg[/img]
[img][300:200]http://www.chinawholesalegift.com/pic/Family-Product/Clothing/Lingerie-Bras/Seamless-Bra-10043048620.jpg[/img]

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 3:37 am

I thought not wearing bras is quite popular now. Unless you're very conservative or work a conservative / professional job. There are some bras that are not only seamless, also very soft and comfy. They probably don't give the best support, but it sounds like you don't need much support. I used to wear those "sleep bras" that button up in the front, they're not constricting at all. Make sure you feel the inside of the bras before buying them. Some of them are made soft and nice to the touch on the outside only. What good would that do?

dreamy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2012, 5:25 am

I did not wear bras for years because I rarely left the house. One year I decided I needed to start. I bought one similar to the pictured ones AJ22 posted. It felt uncomfortable at first, but it's like breaking in new shoes. After a couple weeks I was so used to it, that going without one felt stranger than wearing one. This surprised me that I could get so used to it and comfortable. Usually I won't even try, but I really wanted to wear a smooth front padded bra.

TimpaniRol
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Mar 2012, 5:30 pm

I've always hated bras. I didn't start wearing them until my mom strongly suggested (i guess so i wouldn't be made fun of). This was 6th grade. Luckily, though i didn't feel this way at the time, i didn't develop past an A-cup. I wore bras through high school and freshman year of college, and that's it. Once you stop, it's really hard to wear them again. it feels like a "thing" on you, instead of an article of clothing. Not wearing a bra is much easier if you are small-breasted, but wearing one can be more trouble than not.

The only time it gets annoying is when i want to wear something thin or light colored. i don't want ppl staring through my shirt at my nipples, either! i got tired of limiting the shirts i could wear in public, and i have found that American Apparel (crossback) bras are very comfortable once in a while, instead of wearing a tanktop underneath. they are wireless, cupless, and padless. they don't change the shape of your breasts which is another reason i hate the "look" of bras on any woman.

Also, we should be thankful to live in this era where it is way more okay to be braless than, say, the 1940s. I see many women around the city without one. As much as bras draw attention to the breasts, they also shape them in an unnatural way. when your breasts are not bra-shaped, you will stand out, but you'll get used to it and appreciate the comfort.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 5:41 pm

Bras used to not bother me, but they do now. I never wear one at home and put one on right before I go out and take it off as soon as I get home. I have small boobs though so it's not as big a deal for me.

One thing you might could do if the main problem you have with thin clothes and no bra is your nipples showing, you might could put bandaids over them. They may actually make some kind of stickers for that or something. I'm sure they do somewhere.

I do remember seeing a bra back in the 70s that was supposed to give you the support you needed with the natural look that was popular at the time. It had the nipple area cut out of it, so they would show through your shirt.

I don't think it looks bad for women to not wear a bra, especially if they are small like me, but I feel like it makes me look like I didn't finish dressing all the way. It's not embarrassing because my nipples show, it's embarrassing because I think it makes me look either lazy or trashy, and in reality it doesn't.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 7:29 pm

If your small maybe you can get away with tanks that have a shelf bra. I wear those most of the time. In summer though I have a bra and also sheer bras that are sold near the underwear. They are lighter than sports bras.

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 5:02 pm

I have found some camisoles with a build in "bra" that does not have wires that I can wear.

Sports bras do not work as they are too constricting and the ride up. Bandeau bras also do not stay in place, they drop down or they are too tight and I cannot breathe.

Thanks for the help.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 5:21 pm

I have probably just realised why I hate wearing bras. (and the fact that the strap just seems to twist all the time)

I wear sports bras - much more comfortable.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 5:41 pm

I am a fan of sports bras because the straps don't go loose and dangle annoyingly on my arms. My mum and nana always tell me sports bras do nothing for me (I have reasonably sized boobs and sports bras squash them) but I don't mind the effect or lack there-of.