Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Reindeer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2012, 9:42 am

I don't really know what is wrong with me but sometimes I can't control myself and I become aggressive towards a person over some trivial matters.

I yelled at a person yesterday(friday) when I mentioned I couldn't bring my PC to class since I had all my books with me. He then said "you sure have a small bag, since I had space in mine", he said it kind of arrogantly though.
I then began talking aggressive towards him and said that he should shut up. But I don't know why I became aggressive since I really don't care about a stupid bag.

What the hell is wrong with me? >_>

Lucywlf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jun 2012, 9:47 am

That could be stress, it could also be that you were sensing something about him that he wasn't outwardly projecting. If something felt wrong about his request, your feeling was probably right.

It's very hard to control yourself in a situation like that. I know from personal experience. A good practice is to take a deep breath, count to three, and let it go. Do it two or three times. Then, when you feel in control, politely decline.

That's a strategy my therapist taught me.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 3:24 pm

It's not 'all in your head'...

This was/is insightful to me... [PDF] Microinequities: When Small Slights Lead to Huge Problems in the Workplace

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 3:51 pm

1401b wrote:

This was/is insightful to me... [PDF] Microinequities: When Small Slights Lead to Huge Problems in the Workplace

Interesting article. I can't imagine that I could see or process 150 micro-expressions in 10 minutes of conversation. For one thing, I don't look at people that intently.

Reindeer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jun 2012, 9:16 am

1401b wrote:

That could actually explain a lot >_> I have been looking for something like that but I couldn't find it so I began to think it was all in my head :(

Well I know I can be a bit aggressive at time but now I can atleas say why I yelled at them and tell them that I am "sane" >.<

So thank you very much :D

HilarityEnsues
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jun 2012, 5:55 pm

I'm the same way. I go off on co-workers over trivial things. I remember once a co-worker said he would help me put tires back on a vehicle I was working on, he started threading the lug nuts and left without saying anything to me. I lowered the car down and almost broke the wheel studs. When he got back from his break ( I might add he gets 15 minute breaks like everyone else, but ends up leaving for 30-45 minutes) I yelled at him and told him he had to QC the car an to never touch another vehicle I work on ever again.

The same guy left me out in the shop by myself (against OSHA rules, I could have been fired if a manager saw me alone) to go hit on a female. I walked outside in the middle of his smooth talk, and yelled "Get your fatass back in the shop, what is this, a f*****g pow-wow!?"

Both times I later felt bad, But the guy is worthless, lazy sack of s**t and I would love to see him get fired.