Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

anomy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jul 2012, 10:42 am

backagain wrote:
I personally think you can't put all the aspects into a neat chart. Are cold and friendly opposite ends of a spetrum? I know very friendly people who have a cold hearted reason for being friendly and socially adept. Heck, drug addicts are some of the most charming "warm" people, same way with con artists. Where is "asocial"? The difference between people who know they are socially awkward and those who "need to be told", well, after they are told enough times, then they "know".

People are not equations, charts can't simplify things. Every person is different, part of the problem of the medical and mental health community is that they don't want to account for each individual, they want to tick off boxes and come up with a label, and labels can follow people forever, sometimes ruining their lives.

good points.

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 7:21 am

anomy wrote:
backagain wrote:
I personally think you can't put all the aspects into a neat chart. Are cold and friendly opposite ends of a spetrum? I know very friendly people who have a cold hearted reason for being friendly and socially adept. Heck, drug addicts are some of the most charming "warm" people, same way with con artists. Where is "asocial"? The difference between people who know they are socially awkward and those who "need to be told", well, after they are told enough times, then they "know".

People are not equations, charts can't simplify things. Every person is different, part of the problem of the medical and mental health community is that they don't want to account for each individual, they want to tick off boxes and come up with a label, and labels can follow people forever, sometimes ruining their lives.

good points.

What points, exactly? :) I replied to "backagain" here: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp4729360.html#4729360
..so I would really like to know what specific points you think are good. :)