Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 2:32 am

Yesterday was the second aniversary of my trauma.
Actually it started there.

Two years ago I got locked away for 14 days in a locked ward, but I had claustrophobia and freaked out all the time, but noone believed me. This is now exactly two years ago.

Two years ago after the trauma I walked arount with memory loss, couldn't devide reality from my thoughts anymore and that problems with the orientation.
One year ago I totally freaked out, had huge mood swings, disocciation and psychotic like symptoms.
I'm not sure. What to think about it now, what happened.

Shall I be happy that it's over and see myself as a survivor?
Shall I be mad at the people who did this to me or mad at me that I behaved so stupid?
Shall I try to forget?
Shall I try to remember?

I'm still sad, yes, and I still have fear, but since over 3 weeks I'm not in this traumatic environment anymore.
Noone noticed, for nearly 2 years in this psychiatric hospital what was really going on with me.
Now, after two years after the trauma I could finally distance myself from the traumatic environment and for the first time I kind of feel disgust towards that place.
I kind of unterstand now, but still not totally.

My mainquestion is:
Why didn't anyone notice?
And the only answer I could find that makes sence to me is:
stupidity

phyrehawke
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Sep 2012, 11:44 pm

It's okay to feel however you feel, and I hope whatever you choose to do it's a step in a positive direction.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 9:51 am

Yes, thank you. :)

Whisper
Toucan
Toucan

24 Sep 2012, 4:43 pm

There's not a lot I can say on this.. I'm not really in a great headspace right now. But you have my.. Sympathy and listening. That word.

I dislike the whole survivor thing a lot of people try to push. I think a lot of the time it detatches us from it in that person's eye, makes something lighter and more positive out of a horrible, life-changing event. We're victims of abuse.. We should be able to say that without people judging us or blaming us for it.

I wouldn't be mad at yourself. I wouldn't try to forget, or remember.. Just accept that it's a thing, that happened. And.. That takes time. And that time is often painful, and if I knew a quicker way I'd tell you it, but I don't.

FlintsDoorknob
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Sep 2012, 10:12 pm

I can relate somewhat. I have been through a lot of trauma, and when the anniversary of the trauma happens I feel very emotional and relive a lot of the same feelings. Anniversaries are the worst thing ever. The time of year, the dates, etc. etc. I don't need to be reminded of what happened. And yeah, like someone said before me, it's OK to feel whatever you feel.

Sarah81
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2012, 5:46 am

Raziel wrote:
Yesterday was the second aniversary of my trauma.
Actually it started there.

Two years ago I got locked away for 14 days in a locked ward, but I had claustrophobia and freaked out all the time, but noone believed me. This is now exactly two years ago.

Two years ago after the trauma I walked arount with memory loss, couldn't devide reality from my thoughts anymore and that problems with the orientation.
One year ago I totally freaked out, had huge mood swings, disocciation and psychotic like symptoms.
I'm not sure. What to think about it now, what happened.

Shall I be happy that it's over and see myself as a survivor?
Shall I be mad at the people who did this to me or mad at me that I behaved so stupid?
Shall I try to forget?
Shall I try to remember?

I'm still sad, yes, and I still have fear, but since over 3 weeks I'm not in this traumatic environment anymore.
Noone noticed, for nearly 2 years in this psychiatric hospital what was really going on with me.
Now, after two years after the trauma I could finally distance myself from the traumatic environment and for the first time I kind of feel disgust towards that place.
I kind of unterstand now, but still not totally.

My mainquestion is:
Why didn't anyone notice?
And the only answer I could find that makes sence to me is:
stupidity

Thanks for sharing that. It reminds me that I'm not alone in the things I'm going through. I suffered many minor and major traumas from the time my bipolar symptoms began because I was so vulnerable to being used and to abuse. It's not something that I'll just 'get over', even though the bipolar symptoms are under control now.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 6:18 am

Sarah81 wrote:
I suffered many minor and major traumas from the time my bipolar symptoms began because I was so vulnerable to being used and to abuse. It's not something that I'll just 'get over', even though the bipolar symptoms are under control now.

Same here, I think I had agitated depressions as part of Bipolar at that time.
My Bipolar started years befor that, but wasn't recogniced befor, now I have a suspicion after several years.
But I have to mention that I have propably just Bipolar II with mainly depressions.
But it's still not totally clear now. :?

I also had the feeling that the shrinks where it happened didn't really understood the situation and I explained it over and over and over and it just didn't seem to help at all. :x

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 6:31 am

I wrote Tony Attwood about my trauma in the locked ward and that I stayed in this hospital ambulant for therapy afterwards and that I'm confused and that they toled me I would have a lot of other problems.

He answered:

Dear "Raziel" [name changed]

Thank you so much for your message and I am sure you appreciate that I cannot really answer why you were undergoing two years of therapy in Germany but it does appear that the treatment was not successful with you.

I wonder if the recent knowledge that you have high functioning autism may explain many of your characteristics and this is very important information for any psychological or psychiatric support you have in the future that it is based on therapies designed for people with Asperger’s syndrome and autism.

Best Wishes
Tony

Sarah81
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2012, 6:07 am

Raziel wrote:

I also had the feeling that the shrinks where it happened didn't really understood the situation and I explained it over and over and over and it just didn't seem to help at all. :x

I'm sorry you had to go through that.

It's like a complete waste of breath, trying to tell them useful things about your history and symptoms and how it all came about. I remember being in a room with about ten people I didn't know, and wearing my pajamas, and trying to explain the problem. Instead of actually listening they just analysed the way I was saying it and decided I had thought disorder. They then double-dosed me with risperadol which has left me with lasting tardive dyskinesia in my hands. I mean, couldn't someone have let me know I was due for case conference so I could at least shower and change, and make some notes to organise my thoughts? And perhaps have a family member with me? If they had done that it wouldn't have taken three years to get the correct diagnosis and therefore the correct medication and treatment.

Also I'm pretty sure that bipolar II is just as serious as bipolar I. Even though you don't get the high manias you get worse depressions. And bipolar II can be more difficult to treat - but not impossible. Hang in there!

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 10:39 am

Thanks for your response. :D

Sarah81 wrote:
Also I'm pretty sure that bipolar II is just as serious as bipolar I. Even though you don't get the high manias you get worse depressions. And bipolar II can be more difficult to treat - but not impossible. Hang in there!

Well, Bipolar II is still in supicion. So I still have to wait.
It is still not clear if they are "just" moodswings because of too much stress or Bipolar. I hope just stress and sometimes I believe that, but sometimes I'm nearly sure that it is Bipolar. My new shrink want's to wait and see how my moodswings are when I have less stressors. :?

My traumasymptoms are better now and I hope I'll be over much of the trouble soon. My old shrink from that hospital still wasn't able to give me my report over the time I was there and it is nearly 5 weeks ago now and now I have to ask the insurence that they shall talk to her, that I need my report. :?
I just want everything to be over. :cry: