Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 4:09 am

I have realised today something that I have forgot for a long time. I have the tendency to offend people without being aware at that moment. Unwanted words come out of my mouth and the situation start to become really embarassing and unusual. But then I feel really ashamed. When I was a child, I often insulted older people who wanted to treat me with a superior attitude and i became very angry and told them exactly what i thought without thinking too much at the consequences. But i haven't been a nasty child at all, I was just very impulsive (still I am) and couldn't control my emotions. I think I have been the exact definition of a tomboy, I prefered puzzle games or car toys instead of dolls and many times I beat up with boys. I wonder if all of these could be because of aspergers? Now i remembered that I have been this way all my life and my PTSD didn't changed anything in my personality as i thought before.

the_beautiful_mess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2012, 7:41 am

Well, reading that I wondered if I'd posted it myself.

That is EXACTLY how I am. Impulsive with words (and actions, come to think of it) and against older people who think they deserve respect just because they're older. That is a massive bugbear for me. :x
And I also wasn't a nasty child. I don't think... :lol:
That's always been how I am. My emotions just absolutely take over me when I feel strongly about something.

So, we could just be two similar people, or it could be AS, or it could be an AS thing we share.

:elephant:

'I sometimes go to my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there.' ~ Joel Hodgson

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 2:39 pm

the_beautiful_mess wrote:
Well, reading that I wondered if I'd posted it myself.

That is EXACTLY how I am. Impulsive with words (and actions, come to think of it) and against older people who think they deserve respect just because they're older. That is a massive bugbear for me. :x
And I also wasn't a nasty child. I don't think... :lol:
That's always been how I am. My emotions just absolutely take over me when I feel strongly about something.

So, we could just be two similar people, or it could be AS, or it could be an AS thing we share.

:elephant:

Thank you very much for your reply. It seems that people don't like me on this forum. Everytime I ask something very few reply.
But anyway... i'll try to get used to it. This is happening in my real life too, so it is not a big surprise for me anymore.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 7:08 am

Haha, I find it funny

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 7:19 am

Stalk wrote:
Haha, I find it funny

What do you find it funny? I find it embarrasing to open myself to people who do not care or don't find my 'story' interesting enough.
I should try harder. Maybe improve my english and put some extravagant elements in my story. THEN, maybe people would like me.

Not that I care too much.

Yeah, it is funny in a ironic way. Life is ironic.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 7:25 am

I'm beginning to think because I'm so ambidextrous that people find my bland and boring. I'm not dumb in everything, nor am I good at anything. Or at least that is how I perceive it. My opinion is different to the rest of the crowed.

Have you done the different intelligent types?

Now to why I find it funny, is because it felt like you wrote what I experienced as a kid and do in life. To me, my life is funny. :shrug:

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 7:44 am

Stalk wrote:
I'm beginning to think because I'm so ambidextrous that people find my bland and boring. I'm not dumb in everything, nor am I good at anything. Or at least that is how I perceive it. My opinion is different to the rest of the crowed.

I don't want to sound arrogant so I will say I'm just stupid (as I think people do perceive me). Don't know if my ambidexterity (I'm more mixed handed though than ambidextruous) has anything to do with all of this. Or maybe I am not eloquent enough and my writing is confusing for some.
Stalk wrote:
Have you done the different intelligent types?

I am not sure. Do you have a link?

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 7:55 am

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 8:54 am

Stalk wrote:

Thanks.