Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Frankie_J
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Dec 2012, 8:41 pm

Hi,

Since being unemployed I've developed anxiety more and more. It was always within me since I can remember, but 2012 has been horrific!

I have health anxiety... usually over blood clots, heart-related stuff, various kinds of cancer, etc. I worry about them regularly. Any kind of pain or whatever makes me think about them. I have regular bouts of anxiety and it's hell!

Recently I've been having these chest pains. I plummeted into the beginnings of a panic attack last week, but managed to try and fight it off. Since then I've been feeling tired and have aches and pains in my arms and my legs (thigh, knee, shin, etc) I keep telling myself my chest pains are anxiety and possibly acid reflux because my doctor told me it is. I even had an ECG scan in summer that came back fine. But still.... the effects of what is probably anxiety and maybe even lack of exercise has made me worry about blood clots or something. The pain in my arms and particularly my legs has worsened today and the pain keeps travelling.

Can someone please reassure my worrying mind that it's not something sinister? Please?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2012, 11:25 pm

blood clots are associated with swelling and redness, not just pain.