Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

RickKagoroLumala
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2018, 12:14 pm

Does anyone else crave power? Like, not petty social power, but the feeling of absolute power? Domination? Pleasure? The ability to do whatever you want? I do, and I have since I was little. I'm not sure it's very natural. I also plan to take over the world as a result of this. Again, possibly not natural. You too?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 12:20 pm

i think a lot of 17 year old guys crave power and dominion but i haven't heard of very many putting putting as much effort into it as you have.

i certainly did, but i stopped caring soon after.

i hope you don't plan to hurt people, either as a means to reach your goal or as the goal itself, or i expect you'll make enemies stronger than yourself.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

grahambaster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 May 2018, 12:39 pm

I often have fantasies of omniscience / omnipotence, sometimes with murderous components. I'm not interested in making these dreams come true tho.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 3:18 pm

Not everything that is "natural" is necessarily :skull: good 8)

Hemlock, algrove and oleander are "natural"

Cars are not natural

And then, it's like, which car, at what time, in what way, is :oops: good :heart:

Splitting fine hairs

Pattern recognition versus globalization

Overgeneralization

Anyways thus far I have only craved petty social power

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 3:57 pm

Sounds like you have a bright future as a politician.

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jun 2018, 6:25 pm

Not really. I dislike offending people too much; If I was a dictator and/or had slaves, I don't think I'd be able to live with myself (unless maybe I knew for sure that my underlings were happy, but I doubt that would be the case). I don't particularly care about being the strongest/most powerful person ever. Fictional villains can keep that gig to themselves.

What I do really dream of is being able to spend eternity with a girl who loves me. Even if her and I were still miniscule, powerless flecks in comparison to the universe, it wouldn't matter to me as long as we were safe.

RickKagoroLumala, I really hope you don't actually want to take over the world, because that's a very selfish desire. Remember that you aren't the only person who matters.