Why do liberals care more about illegal immigrants?

Page 11 of 19 [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 11:35 am

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I happen to like multiculturalism myself.

I happen to like to talk to people of different nationalities.

One can appreciate other cultures without wanting to see it on one's local streets.

Wut? :?

I'm reading that as "people are supposed to be segregated," and I whole heartedly disagree.

Where I live, we have people from all over the world, speaking nearly every language, practicing nearly every religion (No 5 Rd in Richmond, BC, has ~10 churches/temples in a row from every major religion), and making & eating nearly every type of ethnic cuisine - which is awesome.. I have the option of going to a restaurant and having nearly anything the world has to offer.

We have a Chinatown, little Italy, little India areas, a Vietnamese strip, quite a few Philippinos, Persians, the Croatian cultural Centre, an Australian one, plenty of Persians, people from Hong Kong & tons from mainland China, a few Africans & Jamaicans (WAY more black people in Toronto than here on the West Coast), Brazilians, Russians, Syrians, Indigenous people etc etc etc. We especially have a lot of Chinese & Indians here, but there are people here from almost every country you could think of. And yes, we have Mexicans, too.. I build walls with them, actually, and they're for everyone.

There's Chinese New Year, the Sikhs have their Diwali parade, there's a Brazil Fest party in the streets, Italian Days on Commercial Drive, and probably a bunch of other cultural parties in the streets I'm forgetting. Oh yeah, Pride is the biggest one - there's literally more than half a Million people partying in the streets & everywhere for that one - the biggest of the year by far.

If everyone and everything was all just a bunch of same-same sameness monoculture around here IMO things would be pretty boring.

Donald Morton
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2019, 11:52 am

Piobaire wrote:
Heat844 wrote:
Why did you liberals go apeshit about those two kids who died at the border but you ignore the hundreds American citizens being killed by illegal immigrants? Why do you care more about illegal immigrants than American citizens? That's treasonous.

Is it possible for you to respond without criticizing Trump? I don't think so.

Because Liberals prefer to live in a reality-based world of empiricism rather than a brutally racist, fact-free world of ignorance. Your premise is factually untrue and therefore logically indefensible; in common parlance, a lie.
Two charts demolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime
Illegal Immigration Does Not Increase Violent Crime, 4 Studies Show
Research Tells Us That Immigration Does Not Lead to Higher Crime Rates

Then there's this:
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice
Res ipsa loquitur

Well said. Racism cloaked in many guises is like the proverbial pig with lipstick, it's still a pig.

BaronHarkonnen85
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2019, 12:22 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I happen to like multiculturalism myself.

I happen to like to talk to people of different nationalities.

One can appreciate other cultures without wanting to see it on one's local streets.

Wut? :?

I'm reading that as "people are supposed to be segregated," and I whole heartedly disagree.

Where I live, we have people from all over the world, speaking nearly every language, practicing nearly every religion (No 5 Rd in Richmond, BC, has ~10 churches/temples in a row from every major religion), and making & eating nearly every type of ethnic cuisine - which is awesome.. I have the option of going to a restaurant and having nearly anything the world has to offer.

We have a Chinatown, little Italy, little India areas, a Vietnamese strip, quite a few Philippinos, Persians, the Croatian cultural Centre, an Australian one, plenty of Persians, people from Hong Kong & tons from mainland China, a few Africans & Jamaicans (WAY more black people in Toronto than here on the West Coast), Brazilians, Russians, Syrians, Indigenous people etc etc etc. We especially have a lot of Chinese & Indians here, but there are people here from almost every country you could think of. And yes, we have Mexicans, too.. I build walls with them, actually, and they're for everyone.

There's Chinese New Year, the Sikhs have their Diwali parade, there's a Brazil Fest party in the streets, Italian Days on Commercial Drive, and probably a bunch of other cultural parties in the streets I'm forgetting. Oh yeah, Pride is the biggest one - there's literally more than half a Million people partying in the streets & everywhere for that one - the biggest of the year by far.

If everyone and everything was all just a bunch of same-same sameness monoculture around here IMO things would be pretty boring.

Well, you are Canadian. From what I've heard your government is dedicated to cultural suicide.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 12:44 pm

White people should go back where they came from... Europe.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 12:47 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
Well, you are Canadian. From what I've heard your government is dedicated to cultural suicide.

How so? :? If anything, we are not a country of cultural suicide but one of cultural genocide. Along with our counterparts in the USA, European settlers to Canada were responsible for obliterating more than 100 Million people in a span of less than 500 years.

We're continuing to do exactly the same thing we've done since Canada's inception a very brief 151 years ago. People from overseas continue to come here & make better lives for themselves and their families. Like the USA, we are a nation of immigrants. Unfortunately, like the USA, we're also a nation of murderers and thieves, and have a history that began with a near complete genocide of the peoples that resided here before us.

The only thing that's changed is the colour of the skin of some immigrants, the languages they speak, the religions they practice etc. 100 years ago they came from England, France, Ukraine, Ireland etc and now they are coming largely from Asian countries.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 2:31 pm

AspE wrote:

So should the others then.
Let’s return the America’s to being uninhabited

BaronHarkonnen85
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2019, 3:47 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

How so? :? If anything, we are not a country of cultural suicide but one of cultural genocide. Along with our counterparts in the USA, European settlers to Canada were responsible for obliterating more than 100 Million people in a span of less than 500 years.

We're continuing to do exactly the same thing we've done since Canada's inception a very brief 151 years ago. People from overseas continue to come here & make better lives for themselves and their families. Like the USA, we are a nation of immigrants. Unfortunately, like the USA, we're also a nation of murderers and thieves, and have a history that began with a near complete genocide of the peoples that resided here before us.

The only thing that's changed is the colour of the skin of some immigrants, the languages they speak, the religions they practice etc. 100 years ago they came from England, France, Ukraine, Ireland etc and now they are coming largely from Asian countries.

Sounds to me like you hate your own history and heritage.

AspE wrote:
White people should go back where they came from... Europe

Do you think the blacks should go back to Africa?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 4:39 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

I think you should go back to Africa and see how multiculturalism can be done. It's probably one of the most multicultural places on Earth.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 5:17 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

Sounds to me like you hate your own history and heritage.

You don't hate the part of our heritage that features genocide, deception, and ecological devastation?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 5:19 pm

sly279 wrote:
AspE wrote:

It's all about dibs. They called it.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 5:20 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

I appreciate other languages but I don't want to see my instruction manuals printed in it!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 5:45 pm

AspE wrote:
BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

I think you should go back to Africa and see how multiculturalism can be done. It's probably one of the most multicultural places on Earth.

You mean where they’re taking farms from white people and kicking them out of the nation
Sure sounds multicultural
Or is it the parts commuting genocide against people slightly different from them?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 5:46 pm

AspE wrote:
sly279 wrote:
AspE wrote:

It's all about dibs. They called it.

No it’s all about who had the power and numbers to hold it. Past is in the past. All land was taken from someone else who took it from someone else who took it from someone else

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 6:21 pm

The immigrant-crime meme is BS. Immigrants have lower rates of criminal behavior than native born Americans, which makes sense because they don't want to be deported because they got caught jaywalking.

I grew up (and still live) next to 100 acres of commercial apple orchard/vineyard (not mine), and the only crime that ever happened was 1 bicycle stolen out of my garage -- in 50 years! The worst thing the ag workers do here is drive at a top speed of 25MPH, so you're always getting stuck behind them on the back roads.

Racism has a been a political tactic to get votes in America for a long time. And, if a party is serving the rich in a supposed democracy they need to tell the mass of voters *something*. So, they give them a scapegoat, and an outraging one, since when people get emotional their intelligence gets decimated and they stop asking questions.

It's like the mob killings in India that get started with a false social media rumor that child snatchers are in town. Someone then sees a stranger in their small village, then a mob forms, and then they kill the person. You'd think they'd be more careful when they're, you know, murdering someone. But emotion makes people violent , dumb, and ironically, more sure of themselves when they're wrong.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Jan 2019, 9:31 pm

Get civil on here please, or it will be thread lockup time.

Inappropriate posts removed.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 9:47 pm

Am I the only one who sees the irony in a country of people hating illegal immigrants when their own ancestors all came to this country as immigrants who forcibly took land away from the native people who were here first?