Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

DesertRat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2020, 7:57 am

I'm androgynous. I'm biologically female so that's how I identify to others. I don't self-identify either way. There's no conflict in it but it's led me to be very well-versed in gender identity and roles. I've only met a few truly androgynous people in my entire life. It seems to be very uncommon, but it keeps popping up here.

So you have me curious. Omit the way others see you. Omit what activities you're interested in and who you're attracted to. I'm asking about how you see yourself. Who else self-identifies as either equally male & female or neither one?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2020, 9:02 am

Well, I currently self identify as Non Binary, I am pretty sure that is what is meant here by androgynous. Not sure of technicalities, but I see my consciousness along with how people can have a number of different voices that make people more complex than two dimensional, and while most people that matches their sex, or at least a more singular gender, mine are of different genders

Have not been doing so for super long, but took some notes that it would be more true to myself, and at least acknowledging it I feel happier, also notice a whole lot of repressed things. Not sure if I would call myself physically androgynous, I am pretty jealous of people can pull it off better, recognised some jealousy towards "tomboys". I recall myself as a child wondering why girls get to wear pants and dresses, and I think something about baby pictures of myself wearing whatever that dress like thing babies can be put into. But you also know about all those years of pop culture where every instance of "boys" in girls clothes has been treated like a joke, don't know how to possibly undo all those movies that paint crossdressers as jokes or freaks for myself to consider.

So it is mixing genders of game avatars for self expression. Realizing that I felt physical discomfort when creating more masculine male characters, but actually happy when I made female characters more masculine, was a part of how I recognised my inner self.

DesertRat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Mar 2020, 1:25 am

Non-Binary is one of the other terms I've heard. (It sounds like 'I'm not a robot' to me, so I chose a different one, lol). There is no right or wrong term. They all reflect a slightly different way of viewing it as well as personal preference. Non-Cysgendered is most generic term I know. It includes everyone who isn't 100% male or 100% female.

I divide gender into four different aspects: body, mind, heart and spirit. (Omit spirit if you choose and it's the same principle). The whole self is on a gender spectrum. Each aspect of self has its own gender spectrum. Conflict arises when society forbids us to be our true selves OR if different aspects are highly incongruous. The Trans community is filled with people whose body and heart sit on opposite sides of the gender scale. Most of us are a blend. Once we accept the concept of gender as a spectrum and reject the societal norms the conflict disappears. *The inner conflict disappears. The people around us are another matter entirely. (If you REALLY want to annoy me: Walk up to me while I'm under the hood, tell me how cute it is to see a woman working on a car, and try to take the wrench away.)

I'm all curves, so I'm obviously biologically female unless I'm bundled up for the weather. Occasionally I get Sir'd and it amuses me. I don't add to it with make-up or feminine clothes. I don't masculinize, either. A lot of my interests are stereotypically male, but those are cultural norms that I tend to ignore no matter what. I ignore them until they're forced on me.

There seems to be a disproportionate number of Non-Cysgendered individuals in this community. The research certainly supports that. But I have to wonder ... Are NT's just better at faking it? Are they more susceptible to cultural traps? Being free to be oneself is beautiful. If I had to be the weirdest weirdo in every room to get there, so be it.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2020, 1:50 am

androgyn and hetero, and grandmother too

society forbids you nothing, its not your mother

you mean that you have narrow boxes? so others must change?

some men got upset by my tractor, as well :mrgreen:

you can be the example you can be

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2020, 2:08 am

If saying "non binary" sounds too robotic, I have seen the initials of NB can be phonetically written as "Enby", so I could call myself an Enby Aspie. I think that it is meant to be a similar trendy look.

In regards to the made of different spectrums, there is a popular thing called the gender bread man, I will link it after I get off mobile. I was shown it after I asked some questions.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2020, 4:09 am

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2020, 6:25 am

I've always loved this pro-androngynous song from 1984.

Here come Dick, he's wearing a skirt
Here comes Jane, you know she's sporting a chain
Same hair, revolution
Same build, evolution
Tomorrow who's gonna fuss

And they love each other so
Androgynous
Closer than you know, love each other so
Androgynous

Don't get him wrong and don't get him mad
He might be a father, but he sure ain't a dad
And she don't need advice that'll center her