Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ElmersTrueLove
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 May 2024, 11:08 am

I'm really tired of being judged and not believed for wanting my family everyday. I have very bad attachment issues, and I'm always worried about what will happen to them. I have no friends or siblings to be with, and I can't drive, have a credit card, have a job or be trusted around every public space by myself. I really hope no one here judges me for still liking and worrying about my family...

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 11:30 am

There's nothing wrong with that. I think not enough young people are close with their family.
I recently moved out, but not very far. I'm closer with my parents and aunt than I am with anyone else, and even if I ever make more friends I think that would still be the case. I couldn't stand to be far from my family and rarely see them.
Of course, not everyone has a very nice family, but for those of us who do, it's great to see people who are close with their family.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 9:05 pm

I think it's great that you feel close to your family. Too many young people don't want anything to do with their parents.

Chiliwailer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2024, 2:28 am

I really respect your closeness to your family, no matter what age you are, 21 or 101 :)

Each of us have different experiences growing up, and with our families. So if people judge you, I see that as their ignorance or blinkered perception.

Attachment theory is interesting. I wonder if reading about it may support your feelings around attachment. It’s often thought some, but not all, autistic people have ‘disorganised attachment’ profiles. Anyway, I just mention that in case you’re seeking answers, otherwise no point looking for answers that don’t have a question.

Sounds like you have a great family too :D

ElmersTrueLove
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Yesterday, 11:14 am

It's like these people around me want me to celebrate when my family dies, which is my biggest fear and makes me sad and scared. I wish they would believe everything about me. I hope I can be able to drive soon.

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

ElmersTrueLove
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Today, 12:14 pm

Bump

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 12:16 pm

ElmersTrueLove wrote:
I'm really tired of being judged and not believed for wanting my family everyday. I have very bad attachment issues, and I'm always worried about what will happen to them. I have no friends or siblings to be with, and I can't drive, have a credit card, have a job or be trusted around every public space by myself. I really hope no one here judges me for still liking and worrying about my family...

I wouldn't say that. There's a lot of cultural variation in that need to begin with.

Some of that may be addressable, and some of it may turn out to be too hard or outright impossible. But, I think putting an age on this kind of thing is just asking for trouble.