Paul Pelosi's attacker gets 30 years.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 4:05 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/paul-pelosi-attacker-sentenced-to-30-years-on-federal-charges/ar-BB1myzAP?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 4:54 pm

He should be Trump's cellmate.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 8:41 pm

I can't understand where the hate for Nancy Pelosi comes from; it is too bad her husband had to suffer for it.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 9:03 pm

Aspinator wrote:
I can't understand where the hate for Nancy Pelosi comes from; it is too bad her husband had to suffer for it.

Until Kamala Harris became VP, she was the highest ranking woman in elected office.

Conservatives hate women who refuse to be obedient, demure tradwives. That's one of the big reasons they were so adamantly opposed to Hillary Clinton being president in '16.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 9:11 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Conservatives hate women who refuse to be obedient, demure tradwives.

Unless they're trash like Lauren Boebert or MTG.

I'm not sure they'd hate Pelosi or Clinton, so long as they were effective right-wing agitators. They hate them because they can't stand losing arguments to women more intelligent than them.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 9:14 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Aspinator wrote:

Until Kamala Harris became VP, she was the highest ranking woman in elected office.

Conservatives hate women who refuse to be obedient, demure tradwives. That's one of the big reasons they were so adamantly opposed to Hillary Clinton being president in '16.

I mean, there's definite that, but IIRC some q-anon conspiracies painted Nancy Pelosi by name as like some kinda literal satanic child-eating devil-monster, and a buncha gullible people believed it - the attacker in this crime being one such conspiracy-believer.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 9:21 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Aspinator wrote:

I mean, there's definite that, but IIRC some q-anon conspiracies painted Nancy Pelosi by name as like some kinda literal satanic child-eating devil-monster, and a buncha gullible people believed it - the attacker in this crime being one such conspiracy-believer.

She was visible, she was there for ages and she didn't just roll over for them. That's all it takes to become a boogeyman to the right.