Still stuck in a private school at 21

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ElmersTrueLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 May 2024, 10:04 am

I hate uncensoring talking about this because it makes me want to throw up. I should have gotten a job at 19 but noooooo, I had to be "lower functioning". Worst of all, they are very ableist to me and a specific student there is VERY abusive to me, yet they are obsessed with Looney Tunes and stop watching it and made me hate Hatsune Miku. Like they call the horrible things I am not (I am manipulated into saying things I don't mean and often have intrusive thoughts) and choked me once and didn't get punished for it. They won't expell them either and it pisses me off so bad. There's also the Nintendo fanboys who tell me shows from my childhood that have adult fandoms (G4 MLP, Care Bears) and Looney Tunes are for babies. The staff are also abusive to me, they yell at me (which I can't handle) and grab me (I HATE BEING TOUCHED). I want to get out but my family won't let me and force me to stay there for the rest of my life. I especially hate how my bully/abuser will be moving back to my class soon as they are turning 18. I am also being forced to stay over for summer, and I don't want to deal with this s**t all summer, I want to have fun! This school makes me more depressed than I already am. I wish I was normal so I can be in a normal school and get a job when I am supposed to! :cry:

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

ElmersTrueLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2024, 8:42 am

Bump (please help)

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

ElmersTrueLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2024, 10:31 am

Nobody gives a f**k about me being in danger and it shows

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2024, 6:09 pm

I'm really sorry this is happening but I honestly can't think of any advice. I assume your family knows how much you hate it and do not care.
I can't think of anything helpful to say but since no one else has responded, I will offer my sympathy.

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2024, 5:59 am

ElmersTrueLove wrote:
Nobody gives a f**k about me being in danger and it shows

thats not true...we care...i know what you need...*gives her a hug and a yummy sammich*

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2024, 4:03 pm

I wish I could help but I don't feel qualified to. Some others on WP can give far better advice than I can.

I'm sorry.

All I can advise is to remember you are always on a path to "the Future." Your current present might be unpleasant but it is just on the path to the future. It is temporary.

Persevere until you can improve your situation.

(Sadly, that might take some time. I spent many years in unpleasant jobs but I continued on because that was how to get to a better future.)

Good luck.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2024, 4:55 pm

Hang in there.... SCHOOL although it maybe tough , and people whom assault others should be Held to account .
regardless you may find theses school years as some of the better ones, while learning, you are protected from the outside industrial world, where too often People get chewed up in the process of going to work from schooling environment . Either way , am wishing you the best of luck in your situations in life. :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are

BlueButterfly17
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 May 2024, 10:19 am

I'm sorry that you're going through so much undeserved pain.
If you're in good terms with your family, please talk to your family members and express everything you said here. Maybe they'll find a different school or speak to the school's director so that the staff and the other students stop treating you unfairly.
Also, do you have access to social workers who could help you navigate through this situation? If not, I recommend goodtherapy.org : at the bottom of the page, there's "Ressources", so click on "Modes of therapy", select "Social Worker" and you'll find a social worker in your area.

If nothing happens, find yourself a lawyer and sue the people who abuse you. You are 21 yo, a legal adult, and you have the right to take matters to court.

ElmersTrueLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2024, 11:12 am

And now the staff are treating me like a baby and publically humiliating me over my bodily functions. It's like they treat me like a doll every f*****g day.

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2024, 6:10 pm

ElmersTrueLove wrote:
And now the staff are treating me like a baby and publically humiliating me over my bodily functions. It's like they treat me like a doll every f*****g day.

Okay that is completely unacceptable. There has to be someone who can help with this.
PLEASE someone with more experience than me, respond to this! I want to help but I don't know what resources exist.

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 4:59 am

What sort of private school do you go to? What country?

I've just been reading the bullying thread and it astounded me how many people were humiliated by their teachers. Is there a higher-up person you can talk to?

Making fun of your bodily functions is not on.

I'm sorry I don't know how to help.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 11:32 am

That sounds very inappropriate, what country are you in? If you're in the U.S I may know of some resources you could look into, but if you're in another country I won't know much about what you can do there.

In the U.S you could potentially get a social worker to help advocate for you, there is also adult protective services that would look into if you are being mistreated.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 4:32 pm

You're an adult who's legally responsible for yourself (like, you're not under a conservatorship, you don't have a legal guardian), correct?

In theory you can walk out the front door of that school any time you'd like. If they attempt to interfere with you leaving they risk engaging in unlawful confinement/false imprisonment.

Your parents might not like you doing so, but ultimately that's a battle that can be fought after you've removed yourself from the abusive situation. You removing yourself from the school exerts pressure because they won't like paying for it if you're not going there, but they also can't force you to return (they might try to coerce you, but you don't have to give in to coercion).

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2024, 4:46 pm

renaeden wrote:
What sort of private school do you go to? What country?

I've just been reading the bullying thread and it astounded me how many people were humiliated by their teachers. Is there a higher-up person you can talk to?

Making fun of your bodily functions is not on.

I'm sorry I don't know how to help.

I would guess they live in an English-speaking country with poor support for people like them. Although it's a bit of a stretch, I am thinking they're a Coloured person in South Africa. Although English is not most Coloured people's mother tongue, I would expect most people to speak it fluently.

But SA is a poor country and probably a piss poor place to have to survive if you're disabled and non-white.

katebrownell86
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 May 2024, 2:34 am

This sounds like a horrific situation, and it's completely understandable that you're feeling angry, upset, and unsafe. You deserve to feel respected and supported, and what's happening at this place is abusive. Being called names, choked, and yelled at is never okay.

Your safety and well-being are the most important things. Please reach out to a crisis hotline or mental health professional. They can help you understand your options and develop a plan to get you out of this environment. Here are resources that can help: National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 988 or Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741. You are strong and you will get through this. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

ElmersTrueLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jun 2024, 10:05 am

Everyday they tell me I can't like things like pink (although I prefer black and purple, I still feel Nostalgic for it) and otaku culture and they tell me I'm stealing from the "lower functioning" individuals. I am so f*****g sick of it and my stomach is aching. I feel more depressed everyday and I do NOT want to stay here all summer. I just want to get out and be normal! :cry:

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+