Why are poeple on this site so obessed with feminists?

Page 8 of 12 [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 11:48 pm

Otaku, do you honestly believe every damn thing you read or see on the internet? Rational people do not think things like the people in those images. I'm an equalist myself, leaning towards a feminist (mostly because women have been oppressed since the dawn of time the majority of the time).

The reason why feminism is more major topic nowadays is because of this "men's rights" crap that is going on. If these people following that stupid "movement" would only realize that women want to be treated equally (respected at the same level, have the same salary as everyone else, etc) and not have special treatment. We're all human, no matter what our gender is.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 12:15 am

andrethemoogle wrote:
Otaku, do you honestly believe every damn thing you read or see on the internet? Rational people do not think things like the people in those images. I'm an equalist myself, leaning towards a feminist (mostly because women have been oppressed since the dawn of time the majority of the time).

The reason why feminism is more major topic nowadays is because of this "men's rights" crap that is going on. If these people following that stupid "movement" would only realize that women want to be treated equally (respected at the same level, have the same salary as everyone else, etc) and not have special treatment. We're all human, no matter what our gender is.
Yet they exlclude male rape victims from participating in rape awareness and dismiss all men who are rape victims as liars and full of s**t!You try spending a few years in my shoes buddy being raped by both women and men alike and running for help only to be laughed at because your a man "ohhh a man cannot be a victim of anything after all all men are oppressors and rapists!" Regardless of men being oppressed as well but thats overlooked men are all monsters and subhuman! WTF is the equality in that? Lets not forget being stuck with an abusive gf as well who chased you with a god damn kitchen knife and beat you and blackmailed you if you did not have sex with her with threats of false claims of beating her then being stuck with PTSD with years to come yeah its all a damn joke if your a man stuck with the same garbage female victims face every day! You have no idea no idea at all welcome to reality and the jacked up double standards!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Last edited by AspieOtaku on 16 Dec 2014, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 12:19 am

Otaku, listen to me, the rational (I'm bolding it so you can read it) people do not believe that crap. Anyone can be raped, male or female. If they are excluding them from spreading awareness because of their gender, they are radicals and not to be taken seriously. They are the vocal minority. Real feminists do not see one gender better than the other, they see both genders as equal and thus would be like to treated equally.

You seriously need to stop believing some of this stupid s**t on the internet that is out there.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 12:25 am

andrethemoogle wrote:
Otaku, listen to me, the rational (I'm bolding it so you can read it) people do not believe that crap. Anyone can be raped, male or female. If they are excluding them from spreading awareness because of their gender, they are radicals and not to be taken seriously. They are the vocal minority. Real feminists do not see one gender better than the other, they see both genders as equal and thus would be like to treated equally.

You seriously need to stop believing some of this stupid s**t on the internet that is out there.
Well maybe I spent too much time wasting my efforts with radicals then! But reality is reality the world is a cruel and unforgiving effing place trust nobody male or female they are all god damn monsters!! Equalitywise I can say you may dissagree but both men and women are equally capable of being heartless monsters out to destroy you, they seek out any weakness and gain your trust and view you as gullible and that's when they prey on you its never one god damn way it goes both ways god dammit and if god is real he doesn't give a rats ass he is a POS as well I never believed in him either hes also a backstabber if he does exist as well! Sorry if im coming off as offensive but I am angry, afraid, and have been screwed over time and time again I may also be coming off as a god damn dramaqueen but life is hell it always will be and Im simply venting and throwing it out there! Its best just avoiding everyone to avoid being screwed over any further and allow dog to eat dog while you live safely on your own! I may be alone and get lonely but Im free and safe never ever again do I think I can trust anybody..ever they are all wolves in sheeps clothing every god damn one of them!! !! ! :evil:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 8:44 am

Quote:
How? Your position seems to be that anyone who has a problem with feminism is bitter over their lack of success with women, so how does my pointing out my multiple long term healthy relationships with women that happen to coexist with an antipathy towards feminism in any way support your theory?

Those relationships have ended, yes? And are you currently in a happy relationship with a woman?

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 9:23 am

Protogenoi wrote:
Hahaha, like that will ever happen.

What are you suggesting will never happen?

Quote:
Society never operates on an individual basis on any subject or issue.

Hence my rejection of claims that feminists pursue equality. They're just one of many special interests groups that advocate for their chosen team. There are some individual feminists whose views are well-reasoned, balanced and logical. As a collective, though, the reverse is true.

Quote:
That's nothing by empty idealism... the morality of slaves.

You raised the subject of societal morality, I'm interested only in personal morality. If this was intended as an argument against my post, you've misfired spectacularly. As for what constitutes 'the morality of slaves', I suggest you pick up any religious text and start reading. Likewise, I invite you to consider viewers of jingoistic news stations and pretty much anyone who pledges allegiance to a piece of fabric before they're old enough to understand what it represents.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 9:35 am

YippySkippy wrote:
Those relationships have ended, yes? And are you currently in a happy relationship with a woman?

I'm still waiting to hear from you regarding what you believe happens to women whose relationships break down. Do they become feminists? Nuns? Anti-MRA's?

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 11:21 am

I am a man and a feminist.

Any man who does not call himself a feminist is not a man who seeks justice and an end to discrimination against women without just cause.

A moral and just man will label himself a feminist and do what he can to move the world to equality for all.

Regards
DL

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 12:11 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:

That is possible for society to deal with anything on a individual level.

adifferentname wrote:
Quote:
Society never operates on an individual basis on any subject or issue.

Hence my rejection of claims that feminists pursue equality. They're just one of many special interests groups that advocate for their chosen team. There are some individual feminists whose views are well-reasoned, balanced and logical. As a collective, though, the reverse is true.

adifferentname wrote:
Quote:
That's nothing by empty idealism... the morality of slaves.

You raised the subject of societal morality, I'm interested only in personal morality. If this was intended as an argument against my post, you've misfired spectacularly. As for what constitutes 'the morality of slaves', I suggest you pick up any religious text and start reading. Likewise, I invite you to consider viewers of jingoistic news stations and pretty much anyone who pledges allegiance to a piece of fabric before they're old enough to understand what it represents.

I suggest you pick up On the Genealogy of Morality by Friedrick Nietzsche. There are only two types of morality, slave morality and master morality... and other relates works.

Christianity and that modern western civilization by extension is slave morality... And slaves are always eventually subdued.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 1:08 pm

In the history of humankind there have been both patriarchy and matriarchy leaning cultures, and the key to balance in life is to know that gender roles other than who is on top and who is on bottom ARE largely culturally derived.

I am neither afraid to sexpress.. hmm.. I mean express both my so-called masculine AND feminine nature in all its innate glory so I fly free without stress of whatever the hell people want to think fits the gender roles of cultural norm in effect at this time where I live.

And yes, obviously, I look masculine on the outside but my brain is totally balanced in sex gender ID as neither one nor the other, and yes there is a cool test for that here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sex/add_user.shtml

The secret to true power of the so-called masculine survival side of human nature is actually in the feminine side of grace and loving ways, as the positive power of basing TRUE strength in unconditional love and grace is what martial artists have been doing in the east for thousands of years.

And then, these martial artists easily kick the butt of equal size boxers in the west when introduced to that style of fighting, as folks who box tend to muscle their way into fighting more than floating like a butterfly and stinging as a Bee like Muhammad Ali and me.. he HE.. in real life too. :)

The thing I like about the new age of women per equality as a feminist ideal, per the younger crowd in the rave dance halls of life is many of these girls are neither afraid to express their masculine or feminine side in balance and are wild like me.

Meanwhile, most of the 'little boys' are still doing it the way their red state daddy's taught them in be a 'big' rigid stiff man style instead of letting grace flow WITH gravity of GOD aka Mother nature TRUE WiTH the power of unconditional love, which yes, in part, is a culturally derived NEW THINGY FOR SOCIAL ANIMALS.

Anyway, as they say the proof is in the pudding of the mix of life AS is.

Well, actually no one said that but me, ha-ha!.. as far as I know.... until now.......

And here is the proof here for anyone who thinks my way of balance is just woo or whatever as the bottom line is girls like guys who ARE NOT AFRAID TO EXPRESS THEIR FEMININE SIDE in real life now, as opposed to males who are still circling around one gender pole of life REFUSING TO LEARN THE NEW WAY of success in the mating game of life.

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/12/09/gods-muse-of-dance/

I am 54, and OBVIOUSLY one of the few guys that has this basic concept of human nature figured out AT THE club I participate AT (one of the top 100 dance clubs in the US) and the girls come flocking every week to dance with me.

AND I never approach the girls, AS I'm just a married dude practicing my own style of martial arts/ballet dance there every week, as the RAVE music is a DRIVING FORCE for my 3 or 4 marathon hours of work-out there without a break or even a drink of water, as one who moves in FULL balance conserves energy even at 'warp speed', as metaphor too.

And funny as it may be, some of the same guys who had the WTF look per my style of dance at the beginning back in the end of March of this year, are now coming up to me and almost begging me to show 'em how to do it, and I tell them I have no idea as I just let all of what I am flow, and never need a lesson from anyone but what I let go of my human nature FULLY EXPRESSED WITHOUT ANY culturally derived ideas of gender poles.

But nah, I tell them the much shorter version of that there, in 'sheep' talk. ;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2014, 4:41 pm

I am born as a male with a mental disorder; therefore, I am the lowest class of mankind. As a male I don't have the state or other males to rescue me unlike females who have the favour of both other males and the state. Thus, Feminist is just gynocentrism out in the open as there is always someone to bail you out. I don't believe females should have a right to anything since they have never fought for the right as you don't see feminism fighting for equality in conception. Gynocentrism is basically the true root of the slave mentality as seen by the general voting patterns and psychology of women they want all the rights without any responsibility.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 7:10 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
I am a man and a feminist.

Any man who does not call himself a feminist is not a man who seeks justice and an end to discrimination against women without just cause.

A moral and just man will label himself a feminist and do what he can to move the world to equality for all.

Regards
DL

No true Scotsman. And another unequal definition of feminist to boot.

Protogenoi wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:

That is possible for society to deal with anything on a individual level.

So you were presenting a conclusion to your own assertion which followed the conclusion? How odd.

adifferentname wrote:
I suggest you pick up On the Genealogy of Morality by Friedrick Nietzsche. There are only two types of morality, slave morality and master morality... and other relates works.

I do hope you recognise the irony here.

Orangez wrote:
I don't believe females should have a right to anything since they have never fought for the right as you don't see feminism fighting for equality in conception.

Rights should only be given to those who personally fight for them?

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 7:46 pm

adifferentname wrote:
So you were presenting a conclusion to your own assertion which followed the conclusion? How odd.

No... all I did was answer your question. I quoted something, that you obviously missed. Sorry if that was confusing for you.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 9:14 pm

adifferentname wrote:
LKL wrote:
Which is why the positions of highest power, pay, and influence are almost all held by women.
Oh, wait...

What percentage of men hold those positions?

Numbers shall be from the United States.
% of Presidents that are or have been male: 100
% of SCOTUS justices that are or have been male: ~96
% of the current US Senate that is male: 80
% of the current US House that is male: ~81
(both at or near historical lows)
etc, etc, etc.

Quote:
What percentage of murder victims are men? Suicides? Homeless? Unemployed?

Gender of homicide victims:
77% male, 23% female
Gender of murderers:
85% male, 15% female
% of female murder victims killed by a current or former spouse or intimate partner: 64
% of male murder victims killed by a current or former spouse or intimate partner: 16

suicide attempts: 75% female, 25% male
suicide completions: 75-80% male, 20-25% female.
The difference in completion rate is largely thought to be due to preferred method of attmepts, with women preferentially choosing 'tidy' methods such as poison that will not 'leave a mess' but which take longer to be effective, allowing for bystander interventions.
Percentage of murder-suicides committed by men: 90.4
percentage of 15yrs+ males in the workforce:70.2
percentage of 15yrs+ females in the workforce: 57.7
quote:
Quote:
Most homeless adults are men, but most homeless adults with children are women.

As of 2009:

Men accounted for 63.7 percent of the adults who used emergency shelters or transitional housing over a 12-month period. View source table
Homeless men tend to access emergency and transitional shelters on their own, whereas homeless women often have children with them during their shelter stays.
Adults in families that are in emergency shelters or transitional housing are predominantly women (79.6 percent) whereas individual adults without children are predominantly men (72.7 percent).

http://www.societyhealth.vcu.edu/Page.a ... &source=13
(easier to block quote than to paraphrase on that one)
Quote:
How about the increase in men dropping out of high school, or the fact that only 38% of US university students are men?

43%, according to Forbes.
Back when women weren't allowed into Universities, up until the point where female numbers surpassed male, it was said that the imbalance was because men were more rational, smarter, etc. Why does that explanation no longer fly? ;p
As of 2010, 8.5% of young men failed to complete High School & 6.3% of women failed to do so.
Quote:
How about the fact that men receive, on average, 40% longer sentences for committing the same crimes as women?

I've seen varying numbers for this, but this is actually one area where women do have some privilege. Women are just naturally seen as more law-abiding and innocent as compared to men in the same circumstances, especially if they're white.
Quote:
And so on and so forth.

Yeah. Anything else you want numbers on? That took a while to dig up, so I'm only going to keep going so far.

Quote:
...it suits the feminist narrative to ignore the suffering of men, lumping us all in with the 'haves' when the majority of us are 'have-nots', 'have-littles' or 'have-just-about-enoughs'.

Not sure if that is a straw-feminist or an anachro-feminist (note that I did not say anarcho-femininist, something completely different). The majority of feminists in this day and age completely recognize intersectionality, which looks at privilege granted by race, ability, appearance, sexual preference, economic status, etc. as well as privilege granted by gender.

Quote:
It's not beneficial to complain about how good or bad one gender has it in our society, we should deal with every case on its individual merits, irrespective of gender.

:roll: Let's just throw out the entire field of sociology, shall we?

Quote:
Quote:
Do tell. What words and actions of 'the majority of feminists' demonstrate that they aren't in favor of equality?

Because the example I quoted is what, uncommon? It's near ubiquitous in my experience.

If you're talking about Sweetleaf's point wrt. men and makeup, yes: that's unfair. Do you know why it's seen as worse for men to cross the gender stereotypes than for women to do the same? Because it's worse to be seen as having stereotypically female attributes than to be seen as having stereotypically male attributes. Butch lesbians get way more of a pass than transvestite men, or heaven forbid M2F transwomen. But, know what? Feminists are trying to deconstruct whatever proportions of our gender stereotypes are false, for men as well as women.

Quote:
...whatever examples I did provide would be dismissed as not being "real feminists".

That's often because men cite non-feminists or even anti-feminists arguing for chivalry and contrast them with feminists who want equality, as if all women represented feminists and all women represented professional trophy-wives in training (a legitimate occupation, but not exactly a field that toes the feminist line). Most feminists are perfectly happy to pay for their own meals, thank you.

Quote:
I will, however, refer you to the very first quote in this post, as well as my response, and ask you to consider whether or not the plight of both men and women is equally important to you.

difficulties had by men through no fault of their own are important. Difficulties had by women through no fault of their own are important. Taken as a statistical whole, there are far more of the latter than there are of the former. It is not always appropriate to interrupt a discussion about problems faced by women with 'But what about teh menz!!??" any more than it is appropriate to interrupt a discussion about, say, black kids being shot by police with 'But what about teh whites????! !' Yes, white people face police violence too... now shut up for a while. The proportions are so different as to make a difference of kind, not just degree.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A woman with high self esteem and intelligence =/= feminist.

ad-hominem. That's about on the level of 'women of quality aren't interested in the vote.'

Only if you misunderstand what I wrote, which you seem to have. Unless you're actually saying that all feminists are women with high self-esteem and intelligence?
[/quote]
*snort* you need to study some basic mathematical logic, darling.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 9:26 pm

adifferentname wrote:
YippySkippy wrote:

I'm still waiting to hear from you regarding what you believe happens to women whose relationships break down. Do they become feminists? Nuns? Anti-MRA's?

They largely become single mothers, the whipping-dogs of society.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 9:32 pm

Orangez wrote:
I am born as a male with a mental disorder; therefore, I am the lowest class of mankind.

You are worse off if you are a minority with the same mental disorder, especially if you are dark-skinned hispanic or black; you are worse off if you have the same mental disorder, dark skin, and a family in poverty.

Quote:
As a male I don't have the state or other males to rescue me...

You are not correct.
http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/statcomp ... sect01.pdf