People who get nervous around geeks and nerds.

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 10:54 am

^^^

Sorry Ana, I failed to provide a detailed definition of what Emotional Intelligence is.

For starters on the actual test that is available on line, when I was a shut-in and terrified of socializing with people I scored around a 55 on the EQ test, and for all practical intents and purposes I was a verified SLOW person with Emotional Intelligence.

AS OF a year ago, I score a 95 so I now, per that empirical measure, EXCEL IN EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE, AND TRULY I no longer feel like I am operating on half a brain for metaphor.

My problem then was EXTREME affective empathy per emotional contagion that I experienced around a group of stressed out folks, like Wal-Mart, AND IT was if I was FEELING ALL THEIR EMOTIONAL PAIN at one time.

So my issue was TOO MUCH AFFECTIVE EMPATHY and I have struggled with this over the course of my lifetime as a person who was born, basically as A REAL LIFE EMPATH.

WHAT ALSO CAN HAPPEN, for the ‘empaths’ of the world, is eventually their brain gets burned out BY THE EXTREME NATURE OF THEIR AFFECTIVE EMPATHY and they can no long feel any affective empathy at all.

And YES, I'VE ALSO experienced this and both scenarios are the cause of human suffering and deficits in the ability to reciprocally socially communicate, aka Autism in some cases, per the spectrum, still, as is.

Now the problem with Bullies, Malignant Narcissists and those of the Socio-path personality disorder flavor, is they are lacking AFFECTIVE EMPATHY AND DO not feel THE PROSOCIAL EMOTIONS OF regret and or shame when they harm their fellow human beings on purpose, just to see them squirm with psychological or physical pain.

So in AFFECT THESE FOLKS ARE ALSO SLOW ON EQ, AS EVEN IF they have normal or high cognitive empathy in understanding how other folks tick, they still only have 'half a brain' of the Emotional Intelligence required for peaceful social interaction with their fellow humans beings, resulting in the type of social cooperation that we as BALANCED HUMAN BEINGS are evolved for as a whole, for any chance at long term SURVIVAL AS WE STAND NOW IN NUMBERS OF OVER 7 BILLION HUMANS WHO ARE CURRENTLY also dominating the earth.

And there is another emotional intelligence that is not measured by current Internet tests, as far as I know, and that is the EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE OF CONNECTION WITH the rest of Mother Nature that is the common sense that if we do not live in balance with Mother Nature and our evolved human nature, we are truly F-ING up.

And yes, truly again, this is a great cause of human suffering, both for the recipients of folks who are harmed by folks who either lack cognitive empathy and or affective empathy per emotional intelligence as well as the folks who have an imbalance in either types of empathy and do suffer in psychological distress from only having half a heart, per either FEELING OR EXPRESSING APPROPRIATE EMPATHY FOR others.

Love (THE UNCONDITIONAL HUMAN TYPE FOR ALL OTHERS) is the prize, and the GREATEST HUMAN POWER, and as far as human beings go, it is the driving SOURCE OF ALL OUR SOCIAL COOPERATION SUCCESS, YES, IN all the byproducts of culture we see around us.

Without SOCIAL COOPERATION, THESE HUMAN ARTIFACTS OF CULTURE WOULD NOT EXIST.

AND THAT'S JUST ANOTHER PHRASE FOR EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE PER SOCIAL COOPERATION.

SO YES, EQ IS PRICELESS AND NECESSARY FOR HUMAN SURVIVAL, AT COPIOUS BALANCED AMOUNTS.

I hope this helps.

Empathy is one of my favorite research subjects and I actually helped to define it, as is, as a Wiki editor, PER WIKI DEFINITION, as one of my other historical past times, for STANDARD IQ FUN. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick